• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hello Mom,

I have good news! Today I called to KCC and I was said that my file was sent to the FO on February 4th, my form DS-260 was received and was processed already (I submitted it on February 3rd). Yesterday I have made INFOPASS appointment on next Thursday, do you think it is too early or not.

Thank you!

Nothing wrong with keeping the appointment.

Hello Mom,

I have good news! Today I called to KCC and I was said that my file was sent to the FO on February 4th, my form DS-260 was received and was processed already (I submitted it on February 3rd). Yesterday I have made INFOPASS appointment on next Thursday, do you think it is too early or not.

Thank you!
I would call tomorrow and ask again if I were you just to be sure..it took KCC one month to make a simple change to my file and submit to FO, even with me calling them every week..so this does seem odd for them to have dealt with your file in 3 days..then again I could be wrong..

Seems startlingly fast. If that is correct, I guess they have a different strategy of checks for AoS cases.

Yeah sounds quite fast, but not completely surprising considering the OP's previous file without the DS-form had already been sent according to previous posts by the OP.

And yes, they have a different strategy for AOSers. KCC doesn't conduct initial background checks, I believe, since FBI background checks will be conducted following the completion of biometrics appointment.

Hi all,

Both my wife and I are F1 students. I am currently working with OPT. I got selected for DV2015.

We sent the DS-260 forms on 11-Jan-15 and I got an email from KCC today with the title "2015EU0003xxxx Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter". There are two attachments in the email: one is a letter confirming they received my request for AOS and explaining what to do next; the other one is a letter to pay the DV fee.

We plan to send the check(s) for the fee(s) soon but I am not sure whether we should send for both my wife and myself because my wife did not receive such an email. What do you suggest? Should we wait until she receives the same email?

Thanks in advance

Hi all,

Both my wife and I are F1 students. I am currently working with OPT. I got selected for DV2015.

We sent the DS-260 forms on 11-Jan-15 and I got an email from KCC today with the title "2015EU0003xxxx Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter". There are two attachments in the email: one is a letter confirming they received my request for AOS and explaining what to do next; the other one is a letter to pay the DV fee.

We plan to send the check(s) for the fee(s) soon but I am not sure whether we should send for both my wife and myself because my wife did not receive such an email. What do you suggest? Should we wait until she receives the same email?

Thanks in advance

The payment should be for both of you. Your wife will not get a separate email from KCC, she's your derivative. Only the PA gets the communication.

You might want to spend some time reading past posts on this thread. As a matter of fact, start by reading the first post on page 1 of this thread.

The payment should be for both of you. Your wife will not get a separate email from KCC, she's your derivative. Only the PA gets the communication.

You might want to spend some time reading past posts on this thread. As a matter of fact, start by reading the first post on page 1 of this thread.
Thank you! I have been reading. I just need time to catch up with all the pages. Thank you for your valuable posts!

You schedule one only when exceptional delays/ events or an issue occurs with your case. The INFOPASS is to seek information on your case or try to move it along when it is delayed or if you need to discuss a specific concern/issue related to your case with USCIS. If your case is progressing fine, you do not need an INFOPASS. Going for an INFOPASS is an exception, not the norm. Hope this clarifies.

what is the risk of the immigrant intent if I submitted the ds-260 and then get the approval notes for the extension of the student visa?
I always respect the law and the roles, honestly I want to finish my class and my children at school too but at the same time I don't want to lose this chance for my family. is there any website tells about that?

I told the UScis about my do and ds-260 when I applied the m-1 extension. specially my wife who were selected in do 2015. I was very clear and inform them everything honestly.
I appreciate your advise.

Last edited:
what is the risk of the immigrant intent if I submitted the ds-260 and then get the approval notes for the extension of the student visa?
I always respect the law and the roles, honestly I want to finish my class and my children at school too but at the same time I don't want to lose this chance for my family. is there any website tells about that?

I told the UScis about my do and ds-260 when I applied the m-1 extension. specially my wife who were selected in do 2015. I was very clear and inform them everything honestly.

What you're trying to do is called having a "preconceived immigrant intent". The M visa is a non immigrant visa (NIV). When you apply for a NIV, what you're telling the U.S. Government is that you have no intention of staying permanently in the US and that you promise to leave at the end of your studies.

Now it is possible (and the law allows it) for a person to come into the U.S. on a NIV and later change their mind about going home. Such a person is can go ahead and adjust status provided their present status hasn't expired as at the time of submitting their AOS package. You demonstrated this change of heart when you submitted your DS 260 form, there's nothing wrong with that and you wouldn't have any trouble if you were able to submit your AOS package before your presently approved status expires, but that is not the case with you. Your visa will expire before you become current, you've therefore gone back to the US government to extend your NIV - by so doing, you're promising on one hand you will depart the U.S. upon the completion of your studies, and on the other hand you're telling them you do not plan to leave because you will be seeking to adjust status - this is considered as having a preconceived immigrant intent. You believe you've always kept the law, but you've actually broken the law that governs your visa condition by your preconceived immigrant intent. When it comes to immigration matters, one is expected to be honest, but just because you're being honest does not mean the immigration relieve being sort would be granted.

You can read more about NIV and immigrant intent from the following links (although the second link talks specifically about F1, it is equally applicable to M visa holders):

http://www.immigration.com/media/21...-section-214b-immigration-and-nationality-act

http://www.hooyou.com/f-1/140filing.html

By the way, has the extension request been approved? If the plan was/is to go home and process CP, like I told you before, even following the extension request approval, that will not be a problem at the embassy. The only time having an immigrant intent can come into play will be if for whatever reason the DV petition is denied at the embassy and you try to return to the U.S. with your M visa. You may be denied admission at the POE because you've already demonstrated an immigrant intent by not just submitting the DS form but by actually attending an immigrant visa interview.

Hello everyone,

My infopass appointment followed by great news. When we went to the field office the lady requested our Alien number and receipt number. Then she checked something on her computer, left us and went to the officer. Then she came back with good news and said that we will approve you in a few days. She was right, we received our CPO today and hopefully we will get the cards soon. Thanks god.
Thank you all for your help and being patient during all of the process. Especially thank you very much @Sm1smom :)

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

My infopass appointment followed by great news. When we went to the field office the lady requested our Alien number and receipt number. Then she checked something on her computer, left us and went to the officer. Then she came back with good news and said that we will approve you in a few days. She was right, we received our CPO today and hopefully we will get the cards soon. Thanks god.
Thank you all for your help and being patient during all of the process. Especially thank you very much @Sm1smom :)

Congrats! Finally, after a long wait too, Enjoy :)

Hello everyone,

Freaking A.W.E.S.O.M.E.! Congratulations!!!

Hello everyone,

Yayyy!!! Excellent news I am happy for you!! Congrats

Mom/Simon, have you heard of anyone having issues when traveling back from Hawaii, before getting the GC and not having advanced parole, given that traveling to Hawaii from within the U.S. is considered domestic travel?