• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hello.

I have applied for AOS but I haven`t received the 2NL from KCC like this:

"Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland
Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS..."

I received only one email like that. What does 2NL actually mean? Does it mean the only letter I received from KCC.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hello.

I have applied for AOS but I haven`t received the 2NL from KCC like this:

"Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland
Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS..."

I received only one email like that. What does 2NL actually mean? Does it mean the only letter I received from KCC.

Thank you!

You "haven't received", "you received" .............. I'm confused by what you're trying to say here

You "haven't received", "you received" .............. I'm confused by what you're trying to say here

I received only one email from KCC like this (before applying for AOS):

""Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS..."

Is this 1NL or 2NL?

""Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS..."

Is this 1NL or 2NL?
That's the 2nd letter for people doing AOS. So that's your 2nd letter.

Is this 1NL or 2NL?

Yep, that's your 2NL. The 1NL is your DV selectee notice.

Hi guys, I have a few questions.

I didn't have plans to travel so I never applied for the AP, also because I didn't think that I would qualify for it as I thought I had to show proof of business travel to get the AP

Recently I have found out my grandmother is not doing so well and I really want to go to see her(back to home country)..so my questions are:

1) Can I apply for AP now? Will I even qualify for it as for some reason I thought only those who are traveling on business get it, yet I have been reading about people just "traveling home" and re entering on AP?

2) Can they deny my re-entry at the airport?

3) If I do decide to apply for AP now, can I still use the EAD already received for work or do I have to wait for a new EAD/AP card?

4)Will applying for AP delay the whole GC process as in getting the interview, and decision making on GC?

Thanks in advance

Next step typically is to wait for the IL. However, while waiting, you can give KCC a call to find out if your FO has requested for your file or not, and if realreay requested, find out when it was sent or would be sent. As for an infopass appointment, you may want to want till the end of the month to see if your IL will show up or not before booking an infopass, or you can go ahead and book the infopass now with a date in early February since infopass appointments can be tough to get in some places. If your IL shows up while waiting for the infopass date, you can always go back online and cancel the appointment.

Thank you!

Today I called to the KCC and I was said that my FO hasn`t requested for my file yet.
Should I go to the Infopass or it would be better to wait?

Last edited:
Thank you!

Today I called to the KCC and I was said that my FO hasn`t requested for my file yet.
Should I go to the Infopass or it would be better to wait?

Considering that you only filed in December, I feel it's early to be going for an INFOPASS, but it's your call.

Interesting findings from infopass appt. @Linda_linda: I am not surprised KCC is tossing you around. Initially, FO indicated they are yet to receive file from KCC. I disguised my shock and replied coolly that KCC claim to have sent file on Dec 24th. Officer doubted. I stepped out, called KCC and was told by CS that file was sent Dec 31 via email. Went back in and informed FO, handed them number to call KCC. To cut long story short, KCC emailed file to wrong e-mail account!!! :eek: That issue was resolved on the spot.

My other holdup was my A-file is still in TSC as I have another pending I-485 via NIW route. My headache now is how to ask TSC to expedite release of my A-file to FO.
@faith100 Thank you so much for sharing the information. It can be a problem with my case as well. But my problem is that, when I called KCC and they told me that my file is sent. I called again on the same day and the other representative said that it has not been sent. I still do not understand what is happening.
@Sm1smom Thank you so much for being always helpful. I was wondering if you know whether KCC sends the files everyday or it is happening something like every month? I am asking this because I saw a number of applicants say that their file was sent on December 24th. Probably there is a second date that I should expect my work to be done.

Hi guys, I have a few questions.

I didn't have plans to travel so I never applied for the AP, also because I didn't think that I would qualify for it as I thought I had to show proof of business travel to get the AP

Recently I have found out my grandmother is not doing so well and I really want to go to see her(back to home country)..so my questions are:

1) Can I apply for AP now? Will I even qualify for it as for some reason I thought only those who are traveling on business get it, yet I have been reading about people just "traveling home" and re entering on AP?

2) Can they deny my re-entry at the airport?

3) If I do decide to apply for AP now, can I still use the EAD already received for work or do I have to wait for a new EAD/AP card?

4)Will applying for AP delay the whole GC process as in getting the interview, and decision making on GC?

Thanks in advance

1. Anyone can apply for an AP card, doesn't have to be for a business trip. I feel it's rather late to be applying in your case though considering the processing time is about 2-3 months. Best time to apply (for a DV based AOS) is always when the initial AOS package is sent in.

2. Technically a person with an AP card shouldn't be denied entry however, the U.S. IO always has the final say as to who is admitted into the country at the end of the day.

3. Yes you can use the already approved EAD card to take up employment regardless.

4. Most likely yes. If your interview takes place while the AP approval is pending, the IO will most likely tell you a decision cannot be made until your AP file is forwarded to the FO by NBC.

@faith100 Thank you so much for sharing the information. It can be a problem with my case as well. But my problem is that, when I called KCC and they told me that my file is sent. I called again on the same day and the other representative said that it has not been sent. I still do not understand what is happening.
@Sm1smom Thank you so much for being always helpful. I was wondering if you know whether KCC sends the files everyday or it is happening something like every month? I am asking this because I saw a number of applicants say that their file was sent on December 24th. Probably there is a second date that I should expect my work to be done.

I honestly don't know how/when KCC sends out files to the FOs, my guess though is that it's not something they do like once or twice a month. Considering that forms are only sent when requested by FOs, my guess is they do so as at when requested they just haven't been doing it in a timely manner.

my guess is they do so as at when requested they just haven't been doing it in a timely manner.
You can say that again Mom. After telling me they already sent our files to the FO when I called last week, this morning they said it will be sent today. I find it really unprofessional to be telling people all these different stories every time they call. What' s the point of doing that? Sigh...& LOLo_O. I will only find out the truth i.e. If they sent it or not at the interview itself. :oops:

I honestly don't know how/when KCC sends out files to the FOs, my guess though is that it's not something they do like once or twice a month. Considering that forms are only sent when requested by FOs, my guess is they do so as at when requested they just haven't been doing it in a timely manner.
What you are saying makes sense completely. Thank you. As my FO said, they checked my file one month after they requested it on Dec 9th. They figured out that KCC has not sent my file yet. So, they have requested it again on Jan 8th. I hope it changes something.

Thank you Mom! Will wait until the end of the month and then call to KCC again.

Do you know if I have to submit form DS-260?

Everyone is supposed to do so, to the best of my knowledge. Didn't you already did that or how come they sent you this email: "Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS..."

You can say that again Mom. After telling me they already sent our files to the FO when I called last week, this morning they said it will be sent today. I find it really unprofessional to be telling people all these different stories every time they call. What' s the point of doing that? Sigh...& LOLo_O. I will only find out the truth i.e. If they sent it or not at the interview itself. :oops:
I called KCC right now and they told me that my file will be sent today. Fingers crossed it is a common truth :D I hope so

Everyone is supposed to do so, to the best of my knowledge. Didn't you already did that or how come they sent you this email: "Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS..."

I didn`t submit the form DS-260. I just checked Official DV2015 web site, figured out that I was selected for further processing and in October I received email from KCC. Please, let me know what should I do know.

Why do I need to submit the form DS-260 if I am already in the US??? I haven`t found any information about that on the official web site for AOS. May be a missed anything.

Last edited: