• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

I didn`t submit the form DS-260. I just checked Official DV2015 web site, figured out that I was selected for further processing and in October I received email from KCC. Please, let me know what should I do know.

Okay, something isn't making sense to me here. How did KCC know of your plan to process AOS? That's not an email KCC typically send to everyone, it's only sent to those who informed them they're going the AOS route.

Okay, something isn't making sense to me here. How did KCC know of your plan to process AOS? That's not an email KCC typically send to everyone, it's only sent to those who informed them they're going the AOS route.

In the letter with the check for DV2015 fee I pointed that I am going to apply for AOS. Three days after I received the receipt I also received email from KCC.

By the way this email says that "...You must submit Diversity Visa "Notification Letter " we sent you to the USCIS office nearest to your pale of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status" But what is that "Notification Letter " I had to submit. Does it mean I had to attach that email along with all my documents when I applied?

Last edited:
Why do I need to submit the form DS-260 if I am already in the US??? I haven`t found any information about that on the official web site for AOS. May be a missed anything.

Any DV based AOS petitioner who does not think there's a need to submit the DS-260 form shouldn't bother to do so. We've already had this conversation with one or two other people in the past, so I really can't be bother to go over this again. However, if interested in what was discussed, you can scroll back a couple of pages, everything is all on this same thread.

Any DV based AOS petitioner who does not think there's a need to submit the DS-260 form shouldn't bother to do so. We've already had this conversation with one or two other people in the past, so I really can't be bother to go over this again. However, if interested in what was discussed, you can scroll back a couple of pages, everything is all on this same thread.

Thanks Mom! But what about this question:
"...You must submit Diversity Visa "Notification Letter " we sent you to the USCIS office nearest to your pale of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status" But what is that "Notification Letter " I had to submit. Does it mean I had to attach that email along with all my documents when I applied?

In the letter with the check for DV2015 fee I pointed that I am going to apply for AOS. Three days after I received the receipt I also received email from KCC.

By the way this email says that "...You must submit Diversity Visa "Notification Letter " we sent you to the USCIS office nearest to your pale of residence in order to apply for adjustment of status" But what is that "Notification Letter " I had to submit. Does it mean I had to attach that email along with all my documents when I applied?

Anyway, it's probably not a good idea to submit the DS form now considering how long it's taking the KCC to process them. This is something that should have been done prior to filing the AOS package. The notification letter being referenced is actually the selectee notification letter telling you you've been selected. The email usually comes with an attachment which is the 2NL and should have been included too.

I suggest you look at the first post on page one of this thread, it has a link to the AOS spreadsheet which details what the AOS process is about and what should be included in the package sent out to the Chicago Lockbox.

Everyone is supposed to do so, to the best of my knowledge. Didn't you already did that or how come they sent you this email: "Thank you for informing us of your intention to apply for adjustment of status with the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS..."
I called the Kcc but didn't get the 2nd letter or email till now. If it's important but they said nothing you will receive from us! I don't know what I have to do. They said your form is completed but will send you nothing and contact with the uscis to see if you are eligible for AOS .
Is it because we didn't pay the dv fees $330?

Last edited:
I called the Kcc but didn't get the 2nd letter or email till now. If it's important but they said nothing you will receive from us! I don't know what I have to do. They said your form is completed but will send you nothing and contact with the uscis to see if you are eligible for AOS .
Is it because we didn't pay the dv fees $330?

Remind me again, when did you submit your DS-260 form?

Ds-260 submitted on June 12th.
Now also waiting for the student visa extension approval notes (2 months ago I applied for it)

Last edited:
Ds-260 submitted on June 12th.
Now also waiting for the student visa extension approval notes (2 months ago I applied for it)

Okay, now I remember your case. I honestly can't think of any other reason as to why you haven't received your 2NL by now, except maybe it went into your spam box a while back and has since been deleted. It's never taken anyone processing AOS as long as 6-7 months to get the 2NL as far back as I can remember. Notwithstanding though, like I told you before, it's not a show spoiler if you never receive it, it shouldn't affect your case. The only concern I had back, and which I still have is the approval of your J visa extension.

Thanks for your fast reply I'm M-1 student visa extension as second time extension, I pray to get the approval soon to renew my driving Lisence too. Again I appreciate your help and your encouragement .

Sorry for more sending I want to ask you Mom
Do you suggest to send another email saying that : please advise if there is any mistakes in the spilling or if there is another suggestion, also advise to sent it email or just call them again.
Here is what I think to send:
My name
Case number
Dob

Some people like my case who received notification email starting with (thank you for informing us your intent to apply for adjust of statues ) and attachment file shows and explain the steps .
I am not sure if I got it and lost it in the junk email or didn't , I applied the ds-260 in June 13th. And I printed the confirmation page which tells you are going to review the form and send notification for us.
Thanks

Sorry for more sending I want to ask you Mom
Do you suggest to send another email saying that : please advise if there is any mistakes in the spilling or if there is another suggestion, also advise to sent it email or just call them again.
Here is what I think to send:
My name
Case number
Dob

Some people like my case who received notification email starting with (thank you for informing us your intent to apply for adjust of statues ) and attachment file shows and explain the steps .
I am not sure if I got it and lost it in the junk email or didn't , I applied the ds-260 in June 13th. And I printed the confirmation page which tells you are going to review the form and send notification for us.
Thanks

There's really no need to.

Ok, if you see that will not make any problem when I send the file to chicago i will not send them to ask about it.

I respect your advise and your experience. Thanks again
Hope to let you know good news soon about the extension . God bless you
Thanks again

Hello all,
First of all, I would like to thank everybody who contributed to this amazingly informative forum.
Actually, My wife won a 2015 DV lottery with a case number that became current in Feb. We (my wife, two kids, and I) sent our AOS to Chicago lockbox on Dec 15th. AS a result, we received 4 separate acceptance-emails and texts on Jan 6th. Of course all 4 checks were cashed on the next day. On Jan 10th, we also received 4 separate NOA letters by mail. After that, on Jan 17th, we received 3 separate ASC appointment Notice letters ( for me and both of my kids) with Bio date scheduled to be on Jan 30th. Our concern that my wife (the main applicant) didn't recieve it yet. Should I worry about this? What do you think I should do? I am afraid that it might be lost in the mail!. Thank you for help.

Hello all,
First of all, I would like to thank everybody who contributed to this amazingly informative forum.
Actually, My wife won a 2015 DV lottery with a case number that became current in Feb. We (my wife, two kids, and I) sent our AOS to Chicago lockbox on Dec 15th. AS a result, we received 4 separate acceptance-emails and texts on Jan 6th. Of course all 4 checks were cashed on the next day. On Jan 10th, we also received 4 separate NOA letters by mail. After that, on Jan 17th, we received 3 separate ASC appointment Notice letters ( for me and both of my kids) with Bio date scheduled to be on Jan 30th. Our concern that my wife (the main applicant) didn't recieve it yet. Should I worry about this? What do you think I should do? I am afraid that it might be lost in the mail!. Thank you for help.

It's probably on its way, however, you (your wife) should give USCIS a call tomorrow to find out if indeed it was mailed out. You can also check the case status online.

Thanks a lot for your fast response, I really appreciate it. I did check the case state online but there is no update since Jan 6th. I am going to give them a call tomorrow morning. Thanks again.

1. Anyone can apply for an AP card, doesn't have to be for a business trip. I feel it's rather late to be applying in your case though considering the processing time is about 2-3 months. Best time to apply (for a DV based AOS) is always when the initial AOS package is sent in.

2. Technically a person with an AP card shouldn't be denied entry however, the U.S. IO always has the final say as to who is admitted into the country at the end of the day.

3. Yes you can use the already approved EAD card to take up employment regardless.

4. Most likely yes. If your interview takes place while the AP approval is pending, the IO will most likely tell you a decision cannot be made until your AP file is forwarded to the FO by NBC.

Thanks Mom for your responses, I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to apply for it now, as it's already 3 months since I submitted the I-485 application, don't want to cause any delay to it..I just wished I had applied for the AP in the first place, even with the chance of having issues re entering I would still have risked it to visit her...:( Hopefully my application moves along soon, I know KCC still hasn't released my file to FO.

Thanks Mom for your responses, I guess it wouldn't be a good idea to apply for it now, as it's already 3 months since I submitted the I-485 application, don't want to cause any delay to it..I just wished I had applied for the AP in the first place, even with the chance of having issues re entering I would still have risked it to visit her...:( Hopefully my application moves along soon, I know KCC still hasn't released my file to FO.

It's unfortunate you didn't think to include that. Fingers crossed the rest of the process will move on quickly.

Interesting findings from infopass appt. @Linda_linda: I am not surprised KCC is tossing you around. Initially, FO indicated they are yet to receive file from KCC. I disguised my shock and replied coolly that KCC claim to have sent file on Dec 24th. Officer doubted. I stepped out, called KCC and was told by CS that file was sent Dec 31 via email. Went back in and informed FO, handed them number to call KCC. To cut long story short, KCC emailed file to wrong e-mail account!!! :eek: That issue was resolved on the spot.

My other holdup was my A-file is still in TSC as I have another pending I-485 via NIW route. My headache now is how to ask TSC to expedite release of my A-file to FO.

@faith100 - Thanks for sharing your experience with infopass!! This is great the way you handled it! I wonder what option should I select for an infopass appointment from their web-portal menu? Shall I choose "You need Service on a case that has already been filed" or shall I select "You need information or other services"?