• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hi
This is my first posting question even if I have been reading this forum for 2 years.
I was selected on DV2014 my CN was AS14xxx so my number never be cut off( How sad it was).
In the mean time, I am selected AGAIN on DV2015 ( How lucky I am!!)
My CN is AS58xx. It is much more lower than the first time and I hope it will be current soon.

Here is my questions
My husband and I submitted DS260 form in the end of August and now it shows that both our application are complete what is my next step?

GetAttachment.aspx

I just keep calm and wait for the 2NL, right?

Did I miss or skip any step?

Thanks
I am not an expert, but I think you got a confirmation page for the DS260. As I remember after 6 or 7 weeks I got an email into my spam folder saying something like "please see the letter attached, KCC" with the pdf attachment of the letter. I paid the $330 fee and I got the receipt back like in less than a week. Then watch the visa bulletin, when you know your number will be current in three months do the medical, and send in your package when your number will be current in two months. I think that's it.
Got selected twice?:p

Hi
This is my first posting question even if I have been reading this forum for 2 years.
I was selected on DV2014 my CN was AS14xxx so my number never be cut off( How sad it was).
My CN is AS58xx. It is much more lower than the first time and I hope it will be current soon.

Here is my questions
My husband and I submitted DS260 form in the end of August and now it shows that both our application are complete what is my next step?

GetAttachment.aspx

Thanks

Well congratulations on winning a second time!

You are doing AoS - right?

If so then yes, wait for your 2NL, but you are also waiting for your number to become current to submit your I-485 package. You will need the medical before you submit and you can submit once you see the announcement of your number, so - get yourself ready!

Hi

Here is my questions

GetAttachment.aspx

Thanks

Are you processing AOS or CP?

I'm curious if anyone knows how KCC is getting the DS-260 files to the USCIS Field Offices this year, are they being transmitted electronically or are they taking a more traditional "snail mail" route?

(We asked KCC and got "we don't know", call back in two week and we will let you know how we sent them)

Complete waste of money, but if it makes you feel better then yes, you may do that.
Thanks for the quick reply Mom. Unfortunately USPS has messed up my mail a couple of times before (delivered credit-cards/magazines to wrong addresses, etc) that I just can't trust them with important matters.

Thanks for the quick reply Mom. Unfortunately USPS has messed up my mail a couple of times before (delivered credit-cards/magazines to wrong addresses, etc) that I just can't trust them with important matters.

You do realize that they are the ones who deliver your green card, right?!

Yep, I understand your reluctance to trust them, but at the end of the day all communication from USCIS up to and including your GC will be delivered by USPS like Susie noted above.

I am not an expert, but I think you got a confirmation page for the DS260. As I remember after 6 or 7 weeks I got an email into my spam folder saying something like "please see the letter attached, KCC" with the pdf attachment of the letter. I paid the $330 fee and I got the receipt back like in less than a week. Then watch the visa bulletin, when you know your number will be current in three months do the medical, and send in your package when your number will be current in two months. I think that's it.
Got selected twice?:p

thanks for your reply.
Yes, I got a second chance to get a green card ;)

Well congratulations on winning a second time!

You are doing AoS - right?

If so then yes, wait for your 2NL, but you are also waiting for your number to become current to submit your I-485 package. You will need the medical before you submit and you can submit once you see the announcement of your number, so - get yourself ready!

Yes, Im doing an AOS.
so Do I need to take a medical exam and send it with I-485? or just prepare and bring it with me when I go interving?

Thanks for ur suggestion.

Good luck who goes to interview and i have question for mom if i get new i94 will it resolve my problem if i go canada and come back will they give me new i94

Yes, Im doing an AOS.
so Do I need to take a medical exam and send it with I-485? or just prepare and bring it with me when I go interving?

Thanks for ur suggestion.

Go to the first post of this thread and click the link to the spreadsheet. The process and the I485 pack is fully explained there and since you are asking such a basic question, it is clear you need to read that, ASAP.

I choose to do an AOS.
I live in Chicago so it is pretty easy for me to process AOS.

Go through the AOS spreadsheet for a step by step process regarding the AOS process. The spreadsheet has about 7 to 9 (?) tabs on it, be sure to go through all of them.

Good luck who goes to interview and i have question for mom if i get new i94 will it resolve my problem if i go canada and come back will they give me new i94

You may give it a shot, I don't know for certain if doing that solves your problem. Post that question directly to a lawyer and hear what they have to say.

You may give it a shot, I don't know for certain if doing that solves your problem. Post that question directly to a lawyer and hear what they have to say.

I was waiting for you to answer :D
Question: is it not the same as any other POE where he would be saying he is coming with non-immigrant intent but he is in fact intending to stay to do AOS?

I was waiting for you to answer :D
Question: is it not the same as any other POE where he would be saying he is coming with non-immigrant intent but he is in fact intending to stay to do AOS?

One of the questions they ask on the I-485 (AOS form) and N-400 (naturalization form) is if one had helped anyone enter the U.S. illegally or to obtain immigration benefit (I think?), so being mindful of that and because I would link to be able to answer "Yes" without second guessing myself, I'm being very careful with the sort of guidance/suggestions/advise/assistance I render in the forum especially when it comes to people who have violated their status - hence my constant response about their talk king to an immigration lawyer in such a case :)

To answer your question though, if he hadn't gone out of status by violating his present status, and was already in the U.S. but needed to travel out for whatever reason with the plan of adjusting status following his return, he technically may not be accused of coming into the U.S. on a NIV with the mind of adjusting status because he's not entering the U.S. for the first time in that status. However having said that, I would still caution anyone in that situation to be mindful of the 30-60-90 day rule and wait the appropriate number of days before filing. The OP's situation is not the same, he's just looking for some way to circumvent the system following a problem he created for himself. If he's willing to spend some money, an immigration lawyer may be able to point him to some immigration loopholes that can be taken advantage of.