• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Bcz if i go my country they ll get me military they wont let me go to interview

Are you saying if you were to even visit your country during a school vacation you will be drafted into the military right away and wouldn't be allowed to leave the country again?

Hi.In DS-260 for the question " were any of your US visa cancelled" may I know how to fill it in my case? I had an H visa that expired and it was stamped "cancelled without prejudice" to be renewed. So is the answer Yes or No please?

Hi.In DS-260 for the question " were any of your US visa cancelled" may I know how to fill it in my case? I had an H visa that expired and it was stamped "cancelled without prejudice" to be renewed. So is the answer Yes or No please?

Answer no.

Hello everyone,

Thanks for being responsive. I received my bio letter last Friday and I have one question for you guys. Does anyone know that how can I go to my ASC and ask for doing my bio-metrics earlier? I mean what is called bio walk-in in the spreadsheet. Any experience?

Hello everyone,

Thanks for being responsive. I received my bio letter last Friday and I have one question for you guys. Does anyone know that how can I go to my ASC and ask for doing my bio-metrics earlier? I mean what is called bio walk-in in the spreadsheet. Any experience?

It depends on the ASC location. Mine (Oakland, CA) were very accommodating. Others have refused and not accepted any persuasion. Just try, and don't make up a silly story...

You can ask questions and push for the appointment. The best question is, what is left to do that can hold up the scheduling of the appointment.

You will need the payment receipt at the interview itself.

Oh and I don't suggest blaming anyone automatically, but if you have to blame someone, blame the other department...
Hey Guys,
I went to the InfoPass this morning to the Los Angeles FO, however I am not sure if the lady just wanted me out of the door. Her answers were so unrealistic that I don't know if she was right.
First, she asked me why I was asking about a case that I filed only two months ago (Sept 17). She said that the USCIS processing time for I-485 is 9 to 12 months. When I asked her how I was going to fit into the fiscal year for the DV, she said I should not be concerned because they separate the cases based on the type of 485, i.e. employment based, dv based, family based. But when I asked if the dv case is processed faster, she said they process everything first come first serve basis. So when I asked her again then how the 12 months processing would fit into the fiscal year, she again said I don't need to worry because it's going to be processed based on the type. He? :confused:o_O
Then I asked her if they had received the background check, and she answered that they would reach out to me if they need something. If the background check is okay, they wouldn't call me in for an interview, they just approve. When I asked her how long the background check might take, she said it takes time.
After this she asked me if I had any questions, she said I am on H1 so I don't need to worry, and all I have to do is wait. At that point I really don't think I could have asked her anything else. Of course I was polite, smiling, etc. but I just said thank you for the help, have a nice day, and left.
Anyway, is it possible that the DV case takes 12 months in the Los Angeles FO? And is it possible that they skip the interview and jump to approve? Or it was just technically a waste of time and she just did not know? That's what I hope for, otherwise I am not sure what to do...
Thanks!

Hey Guys,
I went to the InfoPass this morning to the Los Angeles FO, however I am not sure if the lady just wanted me out of the door. Her answers were so unrealistic that I don't know if she was right.
First, she asked me why I was asking about a case that I filed only two months ago (Sept 17). She said that the USCIS processing time for I-485 is 9 to 12 months. When I asked her how I was going to fit into the fiscal year for the DV, she said I should not be concerned because they separate the cases based on the type of 485, i.e. employment based, dv based, family based. But when I asked if the dv case is processed faster, she said they process everything first come first serve basis. So when I asked her again then how the 12 months processing would fit into the fiscal year, she again said I don't need to worry because it's going to be processed based on the type. He? :confused:o_O
Then I asked her if they had received the background check, and she answered that they would reach out to me if they need something. If the background check is okay, they wouldn't call me in for an interview, they just approve. When I asked her how long the background check might take, she said it takes time.
After this she asked me if I had any questions, she said I am on H1 so I don't need to worry, and all I have to do is wait. At that point I really don't think I could have asked her anything else. Of course I was polite, smiling, etc. but I just said thank you for the help, have a nice day, and left.
Anyway, is it possible that the DV case takes 12 months in the Los Angeles FO? And is it possible that they skip the interview and jump to approve? Or it was just technically a waste of time and she just did not know? That's what I hope for, otherwise I am not sure what to do...
Thanks!

Hopefully when you went in there she said "good morning". If she did that was the last sensible/accurate thing that came out of her mouth - the rest of what she said was pure nonsense.

Hey Guys,
Thanks!

I agree with the lady, considering the fact that the 2015 FY just started and your application is actually less than 2 months (if the application was officially accepted on Sept 17th, it is indeed less than 2 moths) there's really no reason to be worrying or doing an infopass appointment at this stage. And I also agree some of the things she said are not right - some FOs have been known to approve DV cases without an interview, LA hasn't been one of them AFAIK. Also DV cases do not take up to 12 months to get processed. You can take a look at the past DV Timelines - links to them can be found on the AOS spreadsheet - to get a better understanding of what the processing time frame is for the LA FOs.

I agree with the lady, considering the fact that the 2015 FY just started and your application is actually less than 2 months (if the application was officially accepted on Sept 17th, it is indeed less than 2 moths) there's really no reason to be worrying or doing an infopass appointment at this stage. And I also agree some of the things she said are not right - some FOs have been known to approve DV cases without an interview, LA hasn't been one of them AFAIK. Also DV cases do not take up to 12 months to get processed. You can take a look at the past DV Timelines - links to them can be found on the AOS spreadsheet - to get a better understanding of what the processing time frame is for the LA FOs.

Yeah good point - the "don't worry" thing is probably correct. But don't leave it to languish too long. I would be looking for another infopass in a month or so...

Yeah good point - the "don't worry" thing is probably correct. But don't leave it to languish too long. I would be looking for another infopass in a month or so...
Thanks for confirming, that's what I thought too. I got a bit scared first when she mentioned the 12 months.
Good idea, I will schedule an appointment to mid- of late-December, just in case. I can always cancel it. Hopefully I don't even need to use that, or get better responses next time.

Yeah I hear you that it's a bit early.
The reason I went to this appointment is that I had it set up and didn't want to waste it. It took an hour and a half and $2 parking, so I gave it a try. Who knew, I might have got some additional info. And at least I timed the traffic.
It's funny because I didn't even say anything, she brought up the processing time. I checked the dates from prior years. For LA it goes up to 200 days. Still not 12 months.
Anyway, I think I keep Britsimon's suggestion in mind and schedule another one to late Dec. Just in case, who knows. I can cancel it.
Are these IOs the same IOs people have the interviews with?
Thanks

Yeah I hear you that it's a bit early.
The reason I went to this appointment is that I had it set up and didn't want to waste it. It took an hour and a half and $2 parking, so I gave it a try. Who knew, I might have got some additional info. And at least I timed the traffic.
It's funny because I didn't even say anything, she brought up the processing time. I checked the dates from prior years. For LA it goes up to 200 days. Still not 12 months.
Anyway, I think I keep Britsimon's suggestion in mind and schedule another one to late Dec. Just in case, who knows. I can cancel it.
Are these IOs the same IOs people have the interviews with?
Thanks

I had a very similar INfopass experience at San Francisco. Gladly the CO that finally did my interview was much more experienced with DV cases.

Hi
This is my first posting question even if I have been reading this forum for 2 years.
I was selected on DV2014 my CN was AS14xxx so my number never be cut off( How sad it was).
In the mean time, I am selected AGAIN on DV2015 ( How lucky I am!!)
My CN is AS58xx. It is much more lower than the first time and I hope it will be current soon.

Here is my questions
My husband and I submitted DS260 form in the end of August and now it shows that both our application are complete what is my next step?

GetAttachment.aspx

I just keep calm and wait for the 2NL, right?

Did I miss or skip any step?

Thanks

I had a very similar INfopass experience at San Francisco. Gladly the CO that finally did my interview was much more experienced with DV cases.
I hope for the same then...
Do you think it is safe to assume that specific cases are allocated to IOs with the related experience (DV cases to IOs with DV experience)?