• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Yep agreed. If someone reads the instructions on the travel.state website they would not file the 260 at all. Mind you the instruction would suggest they should print out a webpage and trot down to the local USCIS Field Office to get further instructions. Hilarious. That would be the start of a long and frustrating journey.

Yeah, instructions on both the USCIS and travel.state website are often misleading and inadequate, and that's why we're going to great length to try and simplify things for people here. Every now and then, we run into the "you guys have no clue what you're talking about, I know what I'm doing/my highly paid famous lawyer (who has never handled a DV case in the past) is in charge and says to do it this way" people.

So I've decided I'm just going to state my point, step aside and chill with my margarita- not gonna expend energy in trying to make them see reason - I've got nothing at stake!

tumblr_md36n0hhiy1qltqg1.gif

(Edit: Yes, thank you Mr. IT for the quick lesson :p)

Yeah, instructions on both the USCIS and travel.state website are often misleading and inadequate, and that's why we're going to great length to try and simplify things for people here. Every now and then, we run into the "you guys have no clue what you're talking about, I know what I'm doing/my highly paid famous lawyer (who has never handled a DV case in the past) is in charge and says to do it this way" people.

So I've decided I'm just going to state my point, step aside and chill with my margarita- not gonna expend energy in trying to make them see reason - I've got nothing at stake!

http://cdn.pophangover.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/tumblr_md36n0hhiy1qltqg1.gif

(p.s. too bad my tumblr gif isn't displaying in this post)o_O
Hahahaha love it :D

http://cdn.pophangover.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/tumblr_md36n0hhiy1qltqg1.gif

(p.s. too bad my tumblr gif isn't displaying in this post)o_O

LOL Mom. Have a Margarita and chillax!

Can't file before 10/1???? Who told you that? An "expert" in KCC? Apparently that person hasn't read the policy memo (link below) which specifically describes the ability to file early and gives an example based on an Oct 1 case.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Laws/Memoranda/2013/August/DV-Related I-485 Applications .pdf

I've passed this on, thanks. USCIS does seem to like providing inconsistent information.

Perhaps they are letting the DS-260 slide this year for AOS, but next year it will be enforced. Who knows.

Hello everyone,

My case number is 2015AS00064**. Based on the trend of Visa cutoff number in november, I think my CN will be current in March-April. I completed my DS260 in May 27 2014. Besides the confirmation page, I have not received anything from KCC. Reading the previous posts here, some people around the CN has already received 2NL from KCC. Is everyone around or below the number received the 2NL from KCC? I am worried if I deleted or went to the junk and trashed.
Thanks!!

Jawan14

Hello everyone,

My case number is 2015AS00064**. Based on the trend of Visa cutoff number in november, I think my CN will be current in March-April. I completed my DS260 in May 27 2014. Besides the confirmation page, I have not received anything from KCC. Reading the previous posts here, some people around the CN has already received 2NL from KCC. Is everyone around or below the number received the 2NL from KCC? I am worried if I deleted or went to the junk and trashed.
Thanks!!

Jawan14

Are you processing AOS or CP? This thread is for AOS cases only, so if you're processing CP, don't post on this thread again. Please post on an appropriate thread.

Are you processing AOS or CP? This thread is for AOS cases only, so if you're processing CP, don't post on this thread again. Please post on an appropriate thread.

Hi Sm1smom,

Thank you for replying the post. I appreciate your volunteer moderation. I am processing for AOS, but I do not understand why this question (wheter AOS or CP) is so important for you. Does it really matter for my question if I am doing AOS or CP?

Jawan 14

I've passed this on, thanks. USCIS does seem to like providing inconsistent information.

Perhaps they are letting the DS-260 slide this year for AOS, but next year it will be enforced. Who knows.

Well no, you must have missed the conversation above. This year is no different to previous years and other years will be the same. It has always been possible to do AoS without submitting the forms - and I am sure many have done exactly that. However, as I mentioned earlier it isn't the best way to do things. The process documented here works well, and in some cases has completed within a few days after the selectee being current - and that, without paying a penny.

Hi Sm1smom,

Thank you for replying the post. I appreciate your volunteer moderation. I am processing for AOS, but I do not understand why this question (wheter AOS or CP) is so important for you. Does it really matter for my question if I am doing AOS or CP?

Jawan 14

It is important to me because I don't understand how you can claim you haven't received anything from KCC when back in July you posted the following message:

I submitted the DS260 and got this message. what does this mean? "You do not need to submit any documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center. The KCC will review your application and will notify you if any of the information you have provided is insufficient or incomplete. The KCC will not schedule your interview with USCIS. You must contact your local USCIS Field Office for further instructions on how to book an appointment."

which office should we make an appointment and how the office know about our DS260? should we ask KCC to send our documents to the office where we are going to make an appointment? I am kind of worried what is the next step. Any idea?

Jawan

And I answered you back then by saying you should go through the AOS spreadsheet to get a better understanding of the process. The question you posted this evening gives me the impression you either didn't bother to check the spreadsheet or you've decided to process CP!

Again it matters to me because the response regarding when and how the 2NL is received not the same for both the AOS and CP process, so the need for the clarification!

Thanks Sm1smom,

Thank you for your clarification. I went through your AOS spreadsheet, but honestly I did not get that point if we get the 2NL or not. Does that mean those who are doing AOS will not receive 2NL?

Thank you for your help.

Jawan14

Thanks Sm1smom,

Thank you for your clarification. I went through your AOS spreadsheet, but honestly I did not get that point if we get the 2NL or not. Does that mean those who are doing AOS will not receive 2NL?

Thank you for your help.

Jawan14

That email you got IS the 2NL for AOS applicants, completely different from what those processing CP will receive which will tell them when and where their interview will take place.

Thanks much!! I also have another question. There has been a mistake in my name, as it appeared in the entrant status, but I have corrected in DS260. Now, when I pay fee what should I write? I mean, the one which was appeared on the entrant status or my correct name. I am kind of confused! I appreciate your help!

Jawan14

Thanks much!! I also have another question. There has been a mistake in my name, as it appeared in the entrant status, but I have corrected in DS260. Now, when I pay fee what should I write? I mean, the one which was appeared on the entrant status or my correct name. I am kind of confused! I appreciate your help!

Jawan14

Write the correct name.

Jawan14

Write the correct name, and don't be surprised to be at the receiving end of the kind of scrutiny reserved for people who get their own names wrong.

I don't get this. I submitted I-485 with my spouse's on August 20; received by Chicago Lockbox August 22. How come I have not even received a receipt let alone a biometrics appointment like Hammer76?

I don't get this. I submitted I-485 with my spouse's on August 20; received by Chicago Lockbox August 22. How come I have not even received a receipt let alone a biometrics appointment like Hammer76?

You haven't received the NOA because as far as USCIS is concerned, the package hasn't been formally received. Just because you have a delivery confirmation doesn't mean it is considered received. Acceptance receipt isn't automatic, it could sometimes take 3 - 4 weeks.

I recently renewed my passport. which one should I refer for further corresponding: the old one or the new one or both.
Thanks!

Tha
Base everything on the current (new) one, but take the old one(s) to the interview.
Thank you Britsimon! While I read my notification letter from KCC, It shows; "The KCC will not schedule your interview with USCIS. You must contact your local USCIS Field Office for further instructions on how to book an appointment", I got some questions how, which and when I should contact the local field office? Regarding medical, I tested everything about two years ago for my PR in Canada. Can I use that record for this purpose too? How recent the physical exam should be?
Thanks!

Jawan