• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hi all,
FOr the I-693 ( medical report), is it okay if while sealing the envelop, instead of the initials or signature of civil surgeon, there is the stamp of the office?
Thanks!

Hello all,

First I want to thank to all the forum members and specially to @Sm1smom and @Britsimon for helping and advising.
Today we had our interview in Miami FO , The interview took an hour and the FO checked our birth certificate , visa , marriage certificate , employment letter and pay stubs.
she checked everything ask few questions, and at last she asked why did I send my files on August 28th as I was current only on October I told her about the memo letter and that i can sent it 6 weeks before.
she checked and confirm it (in this moment i was thankful for this forum) after we finish she said the system is down and she can't get Visa numbers for us but everything is ok and we should get it in 2-3 weeks.
after few hours we got email and txt our cards were ordered :D

My tips for the others , nothing that not said here.
  1. Read the spreadsheet !!!
  2. Be proactive with your case call KCC , call USCIS , make Infopass.
  3. Be prepare with all the original document
  4. Print the Memo and bring it with you.
  5. Read the spreadsheet !!!
Again thanks for this forum and all the help and support.

Hello all,

First I want to thank to all the forum members and specially to @Sm1smom and @Britsimon for helping and advising.
Today we had our interview in Miami FO , The interview took an hour and the FO checked our birth certificate , visa , marriage certificate , employment letter and pay stubs.
she checked everything ask few questions, and at last she asked why did I send my files on August 28th as I was current only on October I told her about the memo letter and that i can sent it 6 weeks before.
she checked and confirm it (in this moment i was thankful for this forum) after we finish she said the system is down and she can't get Visa numbers for us but everything is ok and we should get it in 2-3 weeks.

Nice!! Glad to see she accepted the memo right away! Congrats!

Hello all,

Awesome! Congratulations!! Enjoy your 'green' status :D

Hi Folks, curious to know if during an infopass appointment the officer would have some information about my previous infopass appointments? For example if I was told to wait a certain amount of time but I scheduled sooner, would they question it during the appointment? Any idea or advice?

- yes, they most likely will be able to see when the previous INFOPASS appointment took place. As to what was discussed or what you were told, no idea if a record of that is kept.

hello @Sm1smom ,
I have done today my finger print,
thank you for all your help with guiding us..
1.Do I have to just wait now for interview letter? How long does it take usually for them to send it ?
2. What is infopass everybody is talking about? do I have to do smthng else in between while waiting?
thanks a lot

Congratulations on coming this far.
1. Yes, next step is to wait for the IL. I have no idea how long it might take, interview letters are FO dependent. Take a look at the past timelines posted on the AOS spreadsheet to get an idea of the processing time with regards to your FO.
2. INFOPASS is an online appointment people make to follow up with their FO if the IL has been pending for a while.

Hello Sm1smon,
I would really appreciate to hear your opinion about whether going AOS or CP. What made me concern is, some applicants who were current in October, finally got their Interview after 5-6 month.
Now, assuming my case will be current in June - will there be enough time to have a chance for interview before FY 2015?

Thank you

Hello all,

Congratulations!!!

Hello Sm1smon,
I would really appreciate to hear your opinion about whether going AOS or CP. What made me concern is, some applicants who were current in October, finally got their Interview after 5-6 month.
Now, assuming my case will be current in June - will there be enough time to have a chance for interview before FY 2015?

Thank you

I don't have a personal opinion as to whether you should process CP or AOS. I already did a comparison of both processes, by listing the pros and cons of each on the AOS spreadsheet. I encourage everyone to make their own judgment call based on their personal situation.

While interview dates are FO dependents, a CN that becomes current in June has enough time to complete the process before the end of the FY, assuming one isn't stuck in background check (which wouldn't make any difference even if the person processed CP). We have documented cases of people who became current in September and successfully completed the AOS process - check the last couple of pages of past AOS threads to read their stories. Also check the DV Timelines on the AOS spreadsheet to get a rough idea of the processing time with your applicable FO.

If you travel out, you cannot use your F1 visa to return, if you do, your AOS petition will be denied as that would be considered as an abandoned petition. You will need to present the AP card when coming back in. However, bear in mind that once you use the AP card to return to the U.S., you're technical no longer considered as being on F1, although you can and should still continue to attend classes.

The problem with using the AP card is that if for any reason your AOS petition is denied, then you will have to stop school, you can no longer go back to the F1 status. Of course if you never travelled out and your AOS petition is denied or not completed before the end of the FY, you simply revert back to F1 status.
I have another question i wanna leave the country whenever i got my ap u said u should attended clases if i go different school is it okay or should i go my current school

I don't have a personal opinion as to whether you should process CP or AOS. I already did a comparison of both processes, by listing the pros and cons of each on the AOS spreadsheet. I encourage everyone to make their own judgment call based on their personal situation.

While interview dates are FO dependents, a CN that becomes current in June has enough time to complete the process before the end of the FY, assuming one isn't stuck in background check (which wouldn't make any difference even if the person processed CP). We have documented cases of people who became current in September and successfully completed the AOS process - check the last couple of pages of past AOS threads to read their stories. Also check the DV Timelines on the AOS spreadsheet to get a rough idea of the processing time with your applicable FO.
Thank you Sm1smom,
I am planning on making the DV payment soon. And I don't want to make any silly mistakes on that. So I would like to clarify couple things.
Here on this link it says, (http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...nstructions-for-selectees/adjustment-fee.html) DV case number should be noted on Cashier Check but doesn't mentions where to make the payment to.

1. Do I also put on cashier check that this payment to: U.S. Department of State?
2. If it's for two people, on the form I just put number 2?
3. Can I just copy this form and paste it on Microsoft word to print?
4. A self address-stamped envelope is envelope within envelope for them to send the receipt back?

Hello all!
I need your suggestion for something. I did my fingerprints almost exactly one month ago and now I am waiting for the interview letter.
In April I am going to move to a different apartment, however I do not know the address since I have not found the apt yet. My question is can you change your mailing address for USCIS to send your letter and future correspondence to, even if you do not live there? Let me explain, I would like to change the address now to my best friend's address to avoid issues and be sure my letter gets somewhere that I am always able to have access. Or my only option is to wait until I have my own new address (I am guessing by end of March I will have to know it) and change it then?
Thanks!

I have another question i wanna leave the country whenever i got my ap u said u should attended clases if i go different school is it okay or should i go my current school

If you must change schools, you need to make sure you do that before traveling out and returning with the AP card

Hi Mom,

Today I received EAD and I have a question: Am I eligible to work on positions which require GC or not?

Yes your are. You can work anywhere with a DV based EAD card, but remember once you use that card, you're technically no longer in whatever visa status you currently are on and if your AOS application is denied, you cannot return to that visa status, unless of course it's a dual status visa such as L or H1B visa.

Thank you Sm1smom,
I am planning on making the DV payment soon. And I don't want to make any silly mistakes on that. So I would like to clarify couple things.
Here on this link it says, (http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...nstructions-for-selectees/adjustment-fee.html) DV case number should be noted on Cashier Check but doesn't mentions where to make the payment to.

1. Do I also put on cashier check that this payment to: U.S. Department of State?
2. If it's for two people, on the form I just put number 2?
3. Can I just copy this form and paste it on Microsoft word to print?
4. A self address-stamped envelope is envelope within envelope for them to send the receipt back?

1. Yes
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Yes

Hello all!
I need your suggestion for something. I did my fingerprints almost exactly one month ago and now I am waiting for the interview letter.
In April I am going to move to a different apartment, however I do not know the address since I have not found the apt yet. My question is can you change your mailing address for USCIS to send your letter and future correspondence to, even if you do not live there? Let me explain, I would like to change the address now to my best friend's address to avoid issues and be sure my letter gets somewhere that I am always able to have access. Or my only option is to wait until I have my own new address (I am guessing by end of March I will have to know it) and change it then?
Thanks!

Best time to effect a change of address in a situation such as yours is when you go for the interview - you may be asked to present some evidence of the new address, so take note of what else to take along for your interview.

USCIS system is unfortunately not linked together as one would have expected. Doing an online change of address after submitting a DV based AOS package is a risky move. The change isn't likely to be noted and reflected by the time they send out your IL. You can hope they send the IL before you have to move from the current address or arrange for the owner/new occupants to contact you when the IL shows up after your move.

Hi Mom, wonder if I apply for EAD now (I was current in December), would it delay the rest of my GC process? Thanks for your input!