• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

No I didn't get any email like this I see enen the junk mail or spam box only the confirmation page after submitted the ds-260 at the same time on June.

Is it need to wait until get the student visa extention approval then ask the Kcc to unlock our ds-260 and add thd new passport numbers we issued and the new extention student visa (after the approval notes if God well) to add the length of stay? I believe your advises. Blessings

Last edited:
No I didn't get any email like this I see enen the junk mail or spam box only the confirmation page after submitted the ds-260 at the same time on June

That's quite unusual, it may still show up though. But even if it doesn't, it shouldn't have any negative impact on your AOS process. You already know what is contained in the 2NL anyway.

Hello.
I have some questions:

A. As an F-1 student, when do I need to present my bank statement? (USCIS website has a list of what to send with AOS application for DV lottery, and it does not mention sending the bank statement along with AOS application) So is it during the interview?

B. Also, is bank statement of how much you have sufficient or you have to present other forms along as well?

C. During the interview, does immigration officer take your passport and then mail it together with your Green-Card? (Or they just don’t take it?)

D. For AOS applicants, no Police certificate (from the age of 16 and up) needed? I assuming only fingerprint for background check?

Thanks in advance.

Hello.
I have some questions:

A. As an F-1 student, when do I need to present my bank statement? (USCIS website has a list of what to send with AOS application for DV lottery, and it does not mention sending the bank statement along with AOS application) So is it during the interview?

B. Also, is bank statement of how much you have sufficient or you have to present other forms along as well?

C. During the interview, does immigration officer take your passport and then mail it together with your Green-Card? (Or they just don’t take it?)

D. For AOS applicants, no Police certificate (from the age of 16 and up) needed? I assuming only fingerprint for background check?

Thanks in advance.

Read the first post on page 1 of this thread and follow the link to the AOS spreadsheet to find answers to your questions.

Can you please help me with this?
I am trying to complete ds-260 and came across this question "Have you ever been issued a U.S. Visa?"
The last visa I have stamped in my passport is J-1 issued in 2004. After that, I changed to F-1 and then to H1b. All the categories were changed (J1 to F1 to H1b) when I was in US. Since 2004 I haven't left the country.
So, what visa should I put when they ask "Provide the following information on your last U.S. visa"?
The one I entered the country with, or the one I currently have? If the one I currently have, I cannot answer the next question to provide the visa number because the visa approval notice ((I-797A) doesn't list a visa number. There is only I-94# and Receipt#. The only visas that do have "visa#" are those stamped in my passport and none of them is valid anymore.
Thank you.

Can you please help me with this?
I am trying to complete ds-260 and came across this question "Have you ever been issued a U.S. Visa?"
The last visa I have stamped in my passport is J-1 issued in 2004. After that, I changed to F-1 and then to H1b. All the categories were changed (J1 to F1 to H1b) when I was in US. Since 2004 I haven't left the country.
So, what visa should I put when they ask "Provide the following information on your last U.S. visa"?
The one I entered the country with, or the one I currently have? If the one I currently have, I cannot answer the next question to provide the visa number because the visa approval notice ((I-797A) doesn't list a visa number. There is only I-94# and Receipt#. The only visas that do have "visa#" are those stamped in my passport and none of them is valid anymore.
Thank you.

You should list your current visa status. Now in the past when the DS form was in paper format, all one needed to do was to leave the visa number number section blank, so I suggest you try leaving it blank to see if it will let you move on to the next section.

You should list your current visa status. Now in the past when the DS form was in paper format, all one needed to do was to leave the visa number number section blank, so I suggest you try leaving it blank to see if it will let you move on to the next section.
There is a check box next to the Visa Number field - "Do not know".

I think the visa is the one you get from the usa embassy before coming to the usa and the extension of stay is only extension it's not a visa, I made it like this and and I make the non migration visa I got but the length until the end of the extension you got from the uscis here.

I think the visa is the one you get from the usa embassy before coming to the usa and the extension of stay is only extension it's not a visa, I made it like this and and I make the non migration visa I got but the length until the end of the extension you got from the uscis here.
Also dv lottery doesn't need financial statement or sponsor. As I believe

I have no idea what your point is from the first post, but the second post is certainly incorrect....

Absolutely not so for the OP! That is correct in your own case because you're simply trying to extend your stay based on your current visa. Not so for the OP who came into the U.S. on a F1 visa (if I remember correctly) and has since moved to a different visa type.

Ahh, I heard it was request in the past but now it is not requested any more, I met somebody just he came from cp and he said I didn't offer that and the officer didn't ask about that, may the AOS is diffrent than cp? I believe you if you are sure as I didn't meet people made AOS here. By the way I read almost the pages you share and the sheet too. Thanks for your opinion

Last edited:
Ahh, I heard it was request in the past but now it is not requested any more, I met se body just he came from cp and he said I didn't offer that and tfe officer didn't ask about that, may the AOS is diffrent than cp? I believe you if you are sure as I didn't meet people made AOS here. By the way I read almost the pages you share and the sheet too. Thanks for your opinion

You "heard"? Are you aware that one of the requirements of DV being granted (this is in the official instructions) is that you must be able to show that you won't become a public charge? That an interviewimg officer is therefore entitled to ask for any proof of that whether assets, bank statements, sponsor etc if they don't think you can support yourself?

Can you send me the link please which asked for the efidivite of support or bank statement. Thanks

Did I say there is a link like that?
The instructions talk about public charge. These are the instructions you were supposed to read before entering DV. I got asked for bank statements as did many other people, others got asked for I134s, others have hosts. If you spend some time reading the forums you will see many of these.
Alternatively you can just ignore the advice, go to your interview and wait for the Officer to tell you what he or she needs then go away and get it and come back however long later with it.

Ahh, I heard it was request in the past but now it is not requested any more, I met somebody just he came from cp and he said I didn't offer that and the officer didn't ask about that, may the AOS is diffrent than cp? I believe you if you are sure as I didn't meet people made AOS here. By the way I read almost the pages you share and the sheet too. Thanks for your opinion

You heard wrong about it "being required in the past and and no longer requested". Regardless of whether one is processing AOS or CP all applicants are required to be able to convince the IO/CO that they will not become a public charge either by showing they have their own personal financial means of supporting themselves or by presenting an affidavit of support.

You claim you've gone through the AOS spreadsheet I posted, you should have noticed the section that dealing with financial requirement or you assume that section is no longer applicable?

Can you tell me how much they want? I don't have the money but I will try to find sponsor, we are 4 persons I clouding 2 children, thanks
Is 40,000 USD enough?