• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Sounds good.

Just to ask a few more questions as I'm slowly double checking my entire package now, I have written a cover letter that details all the documents/forms I'm putting in the packet: Do you know if I missed anything or should this be good?

"To Whom It May Concern:

Please find enclosed my application packet for I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status).

Contents of this packet is as follows:

A. Primary Forms and Evidence of Eligibility
- Personal check of $1070 as payment for Form I-485 and the Biometrics fee (paper clipped to I-485)
- 2 current passport photos (paper clipped to I-485)
- Form I-485
- Form G-325A
- Form G-1145
- Form I-693 (Signed and Sealed by a USCIS Civil Surgeon)
- Copy of Diversity Visa Lottery Winner Letter
- Copy of Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter
- Copy of Diversity Visa Payment receipt

Alongside the following supporting documents:

B. Identification Documents
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Australian Citizenship Document
- Copy of Change of Name document

C. Proof of Valid Status Documents
- Copy of Current I-94
- Copy of Current F-1 Visa
- Copy of Both I-20s associated with current F-1 status (1 initial, 1 updated)
- Copy of Enrolment verification from school
- Copy of Previous J-1 Visa
- Copy of Both DS-2019s associated with previous J-1 status (1 initial, 1 amended)

D. Educational Degrees
- Copy of Australian Certificate of Education (High School Diploma)

E. Employment Documents
- Copy of SSN Card
- Copy of Current Work Contract

F. Evidence of Financial Support
- Copy of Form I-134 Affidavit of Support (with associated documentation)
- Bank statements for 3 months (March 2015, April 2015, May 2015)

Sincerely,
XXXXX

My main questions that i'm unsure about after rechecking everything are:

1. For organization, all my documentation is in English (so no translation included) and everything is printed double sided. I have used paperclips to keep multipage forms and documents together, with all documents in each section (A-F) secured together with a small binder clip (no staples used). The 2 passport photos and check are paperclipped to the front of the I-485. I am planning to mail everything like this with no other organization, leaving the six binder clipped sections loose with a cover sheet on top. Do you think this is fine?

2. Do I include a photocopy of the affidavit of support or the original? I have both, but I am not sure which one to include, as if I include the original I will of course not have a copy to bring to the interview.

3. As my primary financial support will be from the affidavit of support (I'm an undergraduate student, so I only do a little bit of part time work), I did not include tax return transcripts, even though I had filed for taxes in the past (particularly when I was J-1.) . Is this OK also?

3. For my high school diploma, I have included my Australian Certificate of Education, which is the Australian equivalent. Do you think I will need to clarify that this is the same as a high school diploma? The back of the certificate states that it is for "students who have successfully completed their secondary education in accordance with a prescribed pattern of studies" will this be enough?

4. As I am filing under Asia but I am including a lot of documents that relate to my current citizenship (Australian), will I need to clarify somewhere that I had to file under Asia due to being born in an Asian country? Or should they know this automatically? I just don't want to cause any confusion with what I include.

5. A lot of the forms (I-134, G-325A, maybe some others) are expired.... I have not been able to find non-expired versions of the forms online. Do you think this will cause issues?

6. As I am planning on sending by FedEx, is the correct address?

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

(taken from http://www.uscis.gov/i-485-addresses)

Thank you so much, although I understand if you don't have time to answer so many questions from me!

Last edited:
Just to ask a few more questions as I'm slowly double checking my entire package now, I have written a cover letter that details all the documents/forms I'm putting in the packet: Do you know if I missed anything or should this be good?

"To Whom It May Concern:

Please find enclosed my application packet for I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status).

Contents of this packet is as follows:

A. Primary Forms and Evidence of Eligibility
- Personal check of $1070 as payment for Form I-485 and the Biometrics fee (paper clipped to I-485)
- 2 current passport photos (paper clipped to I-485)
- Form I-485
- Form G-325A
- Form G-1145
- Form I-693 (Signed and Sealed by a USCIS Civil Surgeon)
- Copy of Diversity Visa Lottery Winner Letter
- Copy of Diversity Visa Adjustment Letter
- Copy of Diversity Visa Payment receipt

Alongside the following supporting documents:

B. Identification Documents
- Copy of Passport
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Copy of Australian Citizenship Document
- Copy of Change of Name document

C. Proof of Valid Status Documents
- Copy of Current I-94
- Copy of Current F-1 Visa
- Copy of Both I-20s associated with current F-1 status (1 initial, 1 updated)
- Copy of Enrolment verification from school
- Copy of Previous J-1 Visa
- Copy of Both DS-2019s associated with previous J-1 status (1 initial, 1 amended)

D. Educational Degrees
- Copy of Australian Certificate of Education (High School Diploma)

E. Employment Documents
- Copy of SSN Card
- Copy of Current Work Contract

F. Evidence of Financial Support
- Copy of Form I-134 Affidavit of Support (with associated documentation)
- Bank statements for 3 months (March 2015, April 2015, May 2015)

Sincerely,
XXXXX

My main questions that i'm unsure about after rechecking everything are:

1. For organization, all my documentation is in English (so no translation included) and everything is printed double sided. I have used paperclips to keep multipage forms and documents together, with all documents in each section (A-F) secured together with a small binder clip (no staples used). The 2 passport photos and check are paperclipped to the front of the I-485. I am planning to mail everything like this with no other organization, leaving the six binder clipped sections loose with a cover sheet on top. Do you think this is fine?

2. Do I include a photocopy of the affidavit of support or the original? I have both, but I am not sure which one to include, as if I include the original I will of course not have a copy to bring to the interview.

3. As my primary financial support will be from the affidavit of support (I'm an undergraduate student, so I only do a little bit of part time work), I did not include tax return transcripts, even though I had filed for taxes in the past (particularly when I was J-1.) . Is this OK also?

3. For my high school diploma, I have included my Australian Certificate of Education, which is the Australian equivalent. Do you think I will need to clarify that this is the same as a high school diploma? The back of the certificate states that it is for "students who have successfully completed their secondary education in accordance with a prescribed pattern of studies" will this be enough?

4. As I am filing under Asia but I am including a lot of documents that relate to my current citizenship (Australian), will I need to clarify somewhere that I had to file under Asia due to being born in an Asian country? Or should they know this automatically? I just don't want to cause any confusion with what I include.

5. A lot of the forms (I-134, G-325A, maybe some others) are expired.... I have not been able to find non-expired versions of the forms online. Do you think this will cause issues?

6. As I am planning on sending by FedEx, is the correct address?

USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

(taken from http://www.uscis.gov/i-485-addresses)

Thank you so much, although I understand if you don't have time to answer so many questions from me!

Copies of all I-94 required, not just the current one.

1. Sounds good
2. Include the original. You can of course make a copy before sending in the original and take that copy along to your interview.
3. You're still required to include your IRS tax transcript regardless of the amount you made, it's the only way they'll know you filed taxes as required.
4. No additional explanation required. If they have questions regarding that, they'll ask you in person.
5. That's fine
6. I suppose it is. Stop second guessing yourself.

1. Sounds good
2. Include the original. You can of course make a copy before sending in the original and take that copy along to your interview.
3. You're still required to include your IRS tax transcript regardless of the amount you made, it's the only way they'll know you filed taxes as required.
4. No additional explanation required. If they have questions regarding that, they'll ask you in person.
5. That's fine

Thank you so much for all your help mom!! I feel like this process would be unbearable without your help :)

Do you perhaps know of any official information about the requirements for tax information that I should include? I have been having a hard time finding more information about this since its not mentioned in the I-485 instructions at all, and the few posts on this forum that talk about the tax transcript seem to only refer to needing it for the interview. As you can no longer get tax transcripts online and it may take up to 2 weeks via mail to get, this huge mistake on my part has made me very nervous now about getting my application in time!

Do you know if I have any other alternatives? I found this link (which is not about DV so I'm not sure if it applies)
travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html

Which seems to say that copies of W2 and Federal Tax Return are ok if you can't get your tax transcript. Do you think it would be ok to just include my W2s/Federal Returns in the package, and bring my tax transcripts to the interview? Or do you feel that I will 100% absolutely the tax transcripts in my AOS package?

1. Sounds good
5. That's fine
Mom what do you mean by all I94s. Dont we have only 1 I94?

Thank you so much for all your help mom!! I feel like this process would be unbearable without your help :)

Do you perhaps know of any official information about the requirements for tax information that I should include? I have been having a hard time finding more information about this since its not mentioned in the I-485 instructions at all, and the few posts on this forum that talk about the tax transcript seem to only refer to needing it for the interview. As you can no longer get tax transcripts online and it may take up to 2 weeks via mail to get, this huge mistake on my part has made me very nervous now about getting my application in time!

Do you know if I have any other alternatives? I found this link (which is not about DV so I'm not sure if it applies)
travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Step_4_Collect_Financial_Documents.html

Which seems to say that copies of W2 and Federal Tax Return are ok if you can't get your tax transcript. Do you think it would be ok to just include my W2s/Federal Returns in the package, and bring my tax transcripts to the interview? Or do you feel that I will 100% absolutely the tax transcripts in my AOS package?

Let me equally ask you a question - do you know of any official site that lists all the documents you've indicated you want to include with your I-485 package? Does the I-485 instruction list them all? The suggestion to include include IRS transcript is made on the basis of some the documents we know that USCIS has asked for or issued RFEs for in the past. Of course, including the W2 is equally okay, your initial post didn't indicate you were including that for yourself to start with. Plus, even if you can't get the IRS Tax return early enough to include with the package being mailed in, nothing wrong with still sending for it and having it on hand for the interview, just in case it's asked for then.

I know I've already done this (and got an interview), but I saw the above statement and I'm a bit confused. What do you mean all i94s? I only have my latest i-94, all the others they tore out of my passport when I exited the country.

Mom what do you mean by all I94s. Dont we have only 1 I94?

I know I've already done this (and got an interview), but I saw the above statement and I'm a bit confused. What do you mean all i94s? I only have my latest i-94, all the others they tore out of my passport when I exited the country.

Okay, you guys can stop stressing. If you have just one I-94, so be it, send what you have.

Yes, everyone is expected to have just one I-94 at a time, since previous ones gets collected upon exiting from the U.S. However, there are situations where people may find themselves with more one I-94 on hand at the same time. Failure of the I-94 being collected at the border on the way out due to an oversight is one instance.

I for instance have a couple of I-94s on hand. Every time I did a COS/Extension of status, USCIS always attached a new I-94 with my I-797

Hi everyone,

Just an update on my case. I had an infopass appointment today. I asked the lady if she could update me about my case and let me know if I'll be receiving an interview letter soon. She checked my file and told me that case was with a supervisor at the Washington DC field office who had received the case on May 31st (which is a Sunday, and is about a week after my bio session). She told me the case is pending but didn't give me more details. I asked her if she could tell me whether the background check is already processed she said she can't give me that information. I remember reading somewhere on this forum that other people have received more detailed information about their case, but I didn't want to bother the officer.

I guess I'm gonna book another infopass for 2/3 weeks from now so I can see an officer again.

Cheers,
Armin

There should be something in the package that explains more about their notice.

Thank you so much for all of you but really it is very discourage after more than a year of waiting ;
in my form they attached letter says ((you must include copy of visa center congratulatory letter with your submission)) the strange thing it is sent with my form and i am spouse of the main applicant.
i believe it is the fist letter which says you are selected at May 1st 2014.
the second one is the adjust of statues letter from KCC after we submitted the DS-260 form.

also the NOA of me and the children says ..... based in the information you provided, your priority date couldn't be establish. please resubmit your application with the proper documentation to the address listed on the bottom of this notice:

the following doecuments may be provided:
* your original form I-130 or
* your original form I-140 or
* your original form I-360 or
acopy of your form I-797 if the above has already been filled approved or
* other evidence than an immigration visa petition has been filled or approved on your behalf.

for my wife as a main applicant and Dv selected they said : please refer to the accompanying notice ( form M-180) for further information.

I am so sorry again if i interrupted you and took your time but we need your help and your advice.
blessings
Sam

Mom and Britsimon, I'm Waiting your advices and also I have questions
1- when I resubmitt the file I just add more paper or copy all from the beginning? Because there is a line of numbers and signature in the pottom of each page.
2- they didn't open the medical test envelope, is it need to do it again or just submitt the old one ( we did it month ago)?
3- how I can tell the officer I'm not selected and my wife who are dv winner and we are involved with her? (Because they asked about my congratulatory letter).
4- can I resubmitt the package now? I'm current in July.
Thanks again
Sam

Last edited:
1- when I resubmitt the file I just add more paper or copy all from the beginning? Because there is a line of numbers and signature in the pottom of each page.
2- they didn't open the medical test envelope, is it need to do it again or just submitt the old one ( we did it month ago)?
3- how I can tell the officer I'm not selected and my wife who are dv winner and we are involved with her? (Because they asked about my congratulatory letter).
Thanks again
Sam

Did you bother to go back and check your email? You sent me an email, I responded and asked you a couple of questions which you're yet to respond to.

Thanks again
Sam
Hey ,
So for the i-485, the primary applicant, your wife should have selected option h in part 2 and you should have selected b. Did you do that?

Did you bother to go back and check your email? You sent me an email, I responded and asked you a couple of questions which you're yet to respond to.
I really appreciate your help but from yesterday until now I check my email but I don't see it even in spam! Are you able to try to send it again.
I'm sorry for that
Sam

Last edited:
I really appreciate your help but from yesterday until now I check my email but I don't see it even in spam! Are you able to try to send it again.
I'm sorry for that
Sam

That's rather weird, I sent it within minutes of receiving your original email. Anyway, I've resent it. I've also sent you a PM, so you should definitely see at least one this time around. Actually, you can respond to the PM one.

That's rather weird, I sent it within minutes of receiving your original email. Anyway, I've resent it. I've also sent you a PM, so you should definitely see at least one this time around. Actually, you can respond to the PM one.
thanks Sm1mom,
i replied your PM and tried to send you the answer via email again now for all your quetions

Last edited:
Hi mom,
Is it okay if the current adrress while filling i485 is different from the address that is in the dv congratulatory letter?