• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - South America and The Caribbean winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only need to be pacient...

SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 700 For January

Myaxxp, Thank you! That's a very complete and detailed story and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Veronice y gilmer, ante la lentitud del proceso en el boletín del mes pasado me tomé el atrevimiento de llamar a Kentucky, tengo un alto nivel de inglés para conversar y ser entendida (aunque con fallas gramaticales) y puedo entender bien lo que me dicen y hablé con una representante de la lotería de la greencard y me explicó que todas las personas son llamadas, incluso luego de septiembre, por eso este año van tan lento, porque también entrevistan a personas de otros procesos y los van metiendo en nuestros meses para seguir con la política de "todo el mundo obtenga una entrevista", que definitivamente mi número era muy alto, pero que tuviera todos los papeles listos, que este tipo de casos los llaman directamente por email y no sale en boletín; igual voy a seguir colocándoles los boletines y leyéndolos y ayudando en lo que se pueda.

Si quieren pueden llamar ustedes mismos también, son perosnas muy amables y dispuestas a responderte: Kentucky Consular Center (+1) 606-526-7500, Horario: 7:30am and 4:00pm.

No desesperar, sé que en Venezuela cada vez va más acelerada su destrucción y ver boletines tan lentos desaniman, pero hay esperanzas y hay que buscar planes de supervivencia mientras nos toca nuestra entrevista, evitar hacer cosas ilegales, por favor.

Hello everyone, I am new, my opinion:

Have you seen the 2007 Bulletins?, 2014 has a huge number of selectees, for this reason, we have to compare it with years with a high numbers, for example 2007, in Junuary 2007 they called untill CN 700 (exactly this year), July 2007 they called until CN 2.500, August 2007 current.

Hopeful.

Hello everyone, I am new, my opinion:

Have you seen the 2007 Bulletins?, 2014 has a huge number of selectees, for this reason, we have to compare it with years with a high numbers, for example 2007, in Junuary 2007 they called untill CN 700 (exactly this year), July 2007 they called until CN 2.500, August 2007 current.

Hopeful.

Wow Miguel, that would be wonderful!!! I'm losing hope about my country in a way I'd never thought. I hope you are right. I'm trying to get hope from whatever source I can (legal source, Audio ;)) and this is helping.
I've spent the whole day thinking and fantasizing about how would it be a Thanksgiving day IN MY HOME in USA... and that made me feel happy, just for a while. Then people in my office yelled that the market downstairs received toilet paper... and we had to run. It's an emotional rollercoaster but I think it's worth the ride.

Hola, Me llamo Diego y tambien gane la DV lottery.

He hablado con Veronice por privado hace unas semanas y hemos estado en contacto.
Me alejo un poco del foro porque ciertamente la espera me va matando. venezuela, mi pais, esta cada vez peor y lo que quiero es buscar un mejor lugar para mi mama y yo que somos los que quedamos de toda mi familia... Todos poco a poco se han ido y solo quedamos mi mama y yo.
Ciertamente es triste todo lo que ocurre aqui.

Con respecto a la DV y los "current" status, mi numero es entre los 1900 y mientras leia casi lloraba hasta que al finel lei lo que comentaron de que todos los numeros obtienen entrevistas.
Ojala sea cierto y bueno... Aqui estoy para ayudar... en lo poco mucho que pueda saber...

Soy Diego... Me graduo de profesor de inglés el año q viene, trabajo con educacion especial tambien y espero que sea elegible para ir a los US a trabajar.

Estamos a la orden, Diego desde Valencia - Venezuela

Welcome to the Forum

You've got a high number but there are much higher than yours. It's important to point out the this is an English speaking forum so we have to use that language no matter if most of the people in the South American threads speak Spanish. Good Luck

Hola, Me llamo Diego y tambien gane la DV lottery.

He hablado con Veronice por privado hace unas semanas y hemos estado en contacto.
Me alejo un poco del foro porque ciertamente la espera me va matando. venezuela, mi pais, esta cada vez peor y lo que quiero es buscar un mejor lugar para mi mama y yo que somos los que quedamos de toda mi familia... Todos poco a poco se han ido y solo quedamos mi mama y yo.
Ciertamente es triste todo lo que ocurre aqui.

Con respecto a la DV y los "current" status, mi numero es entre los 1900 y mientras leia casi lloraba hasta que al finel lei lo que comentaron de que todos los numeros obtienen entrevistas.
Ojala sea cierto y bueno... Aqui estoy para ayudar... en lo poco mucho que pueda saber...

Soy Diego... Me graduo de profesor de inglés el año q viene, trabajo con educacion especial tambien y espero que sea elegible para ir a los US a trabajar.

Estamos a la orden, Diego desde Valencia - Venezuela

Hi Veronice, do not worry that much about your "high" number. In the last years SA has been current and there are no reasons to change this year.

On the oder hand, I will take advantage to tell every person expecting an interview in Caracas that the fee payment must to be in cash and "exact", that means they do not give you change back. So, take previsions.

About our country, it is so sad to see how this people are changing and destroying everything what I used to love about my country :(

P.S: We (my family and me) are having our interview in January. I will share with you my experience when the moment comes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Barretoja! Thank you for your message!
It is great to have somebody from Venezuela with such knowledge! Tell me about the fee in cash... I didn't know it was in cash (in bs, right?) I thought we can pay it with debit or credit card (GOOD TO KNOW!) how did you find that out?
Wish you ALL THE LUCK with the interview!!! Please keep us posted about that.
Merry christmas

Hi Barretoja! Thank you for your message!
It is great to have somebody from Venezuela with such knowledge! Tell me about the fee in cash... I didn't know it was in cash (in bs, right?) I thought we can pay it with debit or credit card (GOOD TO KNOW!) how did you find that out?
Wish you ALL THE LUCK with the interview!!! Please keep us posted about that.
Merry christmas

Hi Veronice, thank you for your wishes.

Yes, the payment is in cash and with Bs., you can pay the fee with debit or credit but with an american card in dollars (no way).

I had the opportunity to talk with a family from Venezuela that was selected in DV2013 and they told me that. Another singularity of the interviews in Caracas is that you have to translate your documents to English, they do not accept documents in Spanish.

Merry Chistmas to you and your family too!!!

Hi Veronice, thank you for your wishes.

Yes, the payment is in cash and with Bs., you can pay the fee with debit or credit but with an american card in dollars (no way).

I had the opportunity to talk with a family from Venezuela that was selected in DV2013 and they told me that. Another singularity of the interviews in Caracas is that you have to translate your documents to English, they do not accept documents in Spanish.

Merry Chistmas to you and your family too!!!

Hi Barretoja!

Your interview is coming soon. Wish you all the luck in the world.
I knew about the english translated documents, I'm actually gathering all the things I need to be ready to legalize and translate and so on. Do you know if it is necessary to legalize the translation?

Do you have all your documents ready? how was it?

Merry christmas again! for some reason, I think we all feel a little more christmas' spirit after sunday results ;)

Tomorrow is 12! so, maybe we will know about February cut!!!

I'm from Venezuela too, and I know how the things are around here =(.... and I share the feeling... the bad taste in our mouth =/

Thank you Miguel for the 2007 comparison, it's natural for me to have hope, but right now my hope is getting to a breaking point.... your comparison gave me 3 more months of willing... Again, Thank you

Tomorrow is 12! so, maybe we will know about February cut!!!

I'm from Venezuela too, and I know how the things are around here =(.... and I share the feeling... the bad taste in our mouth =/

Thank you Miguel for the 2007 comparison, it's natural for me to have hope, but right now my hope is getting to a breaking point.... your comparison gave me 3 more months of willing... Again, Thank you

We already know the cut - it is 850 - which I think is pretty good.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?563616-January-VB-numbers-released!!!

Is anyone current by now? Have any of you had your interview? I would like to know how the experience was and if everything went ok or what.
Thank you

Hi Barretoja!

Your interview is coming soon. Wish you all the luck in the world.
I knew about the english translated documents, I'm actually gathering all the things I need to be ready to legalize and translate and so on. Do you know if it is necessary to legalize the translation?

Do you have all your documents ready? how was it?

Merry christmas again! for some reason, I think we all feel a little more christmas' spirit after sunday results ;)

Hi Veronice, sorry to take that long in answer to you.

No, you do not need to legalize translations. First you have to legalize the documents and then translate them. The translation will become part of the legalized document.

I already have all my documents ready for the interview. It was a tough, queuing, queuing and queuing, you will need time and patience to do this but it worth ;-)

Any doubt about any document legalization, please do not hesitate and ask me.

Marry Christmas again, again ;-)

Hi Veronice, sorry to take that long in answer to you.

No, you do not need to legalize translations. First you have to legalize the documents and then translate them. The translation will become part of the legalized document.

I already have all my documents ready for the interview. It was a tough, queuing, queuing and queuing, you will need time and patience to do this but it worth ;-)

Any doubt about any document legalization, please do not hesitate and ask me.

Marry Christmas again, again ;-)

Hello Barretoja! I asked about the legalization of the translation because that's what the people at Foreign Affairs Ministery told me... But I knew that was crazy!

OMG all the luck in the world for your interview! please keep us posted.

About all the papers and legalizations... are you in Caracas? Which one was the hardest to get? How do you recommend me to do it? Did you get your medicals already?

Merry Christmas!

Hello Barretoja! I asked about the legalization of the translation because that's what the people at Foreign Affairs Ministery told me... But I knew that was crazy!

OMG all the luck in the world for your interview! please keep us posted.

About all the papers and legalizations... are you in Caracas? Which one was the hardest to get? How do you recommend me to do it? Did you get your medicals already?

Merry Christmas!

Hi veronice, Thank you for your wishes and I hope everything goes excelent for you too.

Yep, I am in Caracas and the hardest to get was the legalization in the "Main Registry". If you want, you can write me on private to make contact and explain you all the stuff by phone (there is no short way to explain that ;-)).

We will get our medical examination on January 6th.

Marry Crhistmas for you too!

Hi Veronice!..

I'm current now, but still didn't received the 2NL.

I'll let you know :)

Is anyone current by now? Have any of you had your interview? I would like to know how the experience was and if everything went ok or what.
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.