• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - South America and The Caribbean winners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audio

Hi Latin Americans!

We don't have any open thread, that's why I'm doing it for us!

This is the Last Bulletin for SA:

Cut off for JUNE:
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,300

Cut off for JULY:
SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN 1,500

So, it will be faster than before, because the cut off was from 100 to 100 and now is from 200 to 200. That makes me happy :cool:

Hi Latin Americans!

Cut off for JUNE:

Cut off for JULY:

So, it will be faster than before, because the cut off was from 100 to 100 and now is from 200 to 200. That makes me happy :cool:

Are you aware that this VB is not applicable to DV2014 selectees?

It is from October, right? (In some places I'd read from august)

But still we can calculate the time with this data, or there is another one?

Audio,

Bulletins for DV-2014 will be published since September this year but you can use DV-2013's or other years' bulletins to predict predict how fast case numbers will be processed for DV-2014. However, there's no guarantee the same speed will happen in 2014, could be faster or could be slower. Anyway it gives a picture of what you could expect.

Pryanik :)

Audio,

Bulletins for DV-2014 will be published since September this year but you can use DV-2013's or other years' bulletins to predict predict how fast case numbers will be processed for DV-2014. However, there's no guarantee the same speed will happen in 2014, could be faster or could be slower. Anyway it gives a picture of what you could expect.

Pryanik :)

Thank you!

Hey Guys! How are you?

I have a doubt, I'm not going for AOS but CP, are this bulletins for me or in every single embassy the rhythm is different?

Thanks!

Hey Guys! How are you?

I have a doubt, I'm not going for AOS but CP, are this bulletins for me or in every single embassy the rhythm is different?

Thanks!

VBs apply to all DV cases regardless of whether the applicant is doing AOS or CP.

SA Number

I have SA000018XX, and I'm worry that it's very high. Do you know any cases with high numbers from SA to get GC?

I have SA000018XX, and I'm worry that it's very high. Do you know any cases with high numbers from SA to get GC?

I won't be too worried Veronice, I was looking at the bullitens from the last ten years pretty much and it seemed that every year SA went current fairly early (July, August) which gives enough time to do an interview (in July or August), get the visa and get to the states before the September cut off. Regions who are worried about not even getting interviews are those far of in Africa and Asia (CN 80,000 or higher). Before the region goes current, KCC starts calling for interviews in order of CN and once your forms is in there you should be one of the first ones they call around May or June.

I'm no expert tho just from what I've read this is what I understand. Btw where are you from?

I won't be too worried Veronice, I was looking at the bullitens from the last ten years pretty much and it seemed that every year SA went current fairly early (July, August) which gives enough time to do an interview (in July or August), get the visa and get to the states before the September cut off. Regions who are worried about not even getting interviews are those far of in Africa and Asia (CN 80,000 or higher). Before the region goes current, KCC starts calling for interviews in order of CN and once your forms is in there you should be one of the first ones they call around May or June.

I'm no expert tho just from what I've read this is what I understand. Btw where are you from?

I'm from Venezuela. I think I just worry too much, but that "current" status scares the hell out of me. I would rather have my interview much earlier and have enough time to get to the states...

I like this thread, so far I have only seen a handful of South American winners. I wonder what this means? Were entries for the region low this year?

Trini winner

Im a dv 2014 winner from Trinidad\Caribbean. My cn is 2014SA000005xx. When can I expect an interview

Veronice i read that for SA there are 2500 visas for this period, and 1/3 to 1/2 of this first selection don't even check their numbers or/and they are not eligible, that's why they make a double round of dv on October, so your 1800 could be more like a 1200-1000 in chance.

AW1991, yep, that's why I started it, actually the percent of SA and Caribbean candidates are pretty low against the 60k of Africa or Europe!

(Sorry about my english)

Im a dv 2014 winner from Trinidad\Caribbean. My cn is 2014SA000005xx. When can I expect an interview

Hey congrats on your winning the dv lottery. I'm guessing October/November you'll have your interview if you are going the CP route. Maybe get your interview date confirmation a month earlier to allow you to get all your documents together. Glad to see someone else from the Caribbean I'm from Barbados CN2*** so I gotta much longer wait.

Veronice i read that for SA there are 2500 visas for this period, and 1/3 to 1/2 of this first selection don't even check their numbers or/and they are not eligible, that's why they make a double round of dv on October, so your 1800 could be more like a 1200-1000 in chance.

AW1991, yep, that's why I started it, actually the percent of SA and Caribbean candidates are pretty low against the 60k of Africa or Europe!

(Sorry about my english)

Hey audio where did you read that? (the 2500 visa allocations)

Hey audio where did you read that? (the 2500 visa allocations)

Wow! Thank you, Audio! You gave me hope... I was really scared with the number... It will be a long wait anyway. Congratulations to you too!!! Hope we all can make it!

anoter SA winner

Hi guys, another winner here from Cuba CN SA000011**, how does it look like? Best of luck to all!

High case number?

Hi Latin Americans!

Cut off for JUNE:

Cut off for JULY:

Hi audio! Its good to see another latin in this forum, my case number is aroun the 2100, does anyone know if its too high? Some people say there is no chance.... Any thoughts on this? Know of anyone with high case number in latin america who could make it? Thanks!!!

rallgis rivets

Hi audio! Its good to see another latin in this forum, my case number is aroun the 2100, does anyone know if its too high? Some people say there is no chance.... Any thoughts on this? Know of anyone with high case number in latin america who could make it? Thanks!!!

Hi Pinpanpunchi, even though it does seem like a high number, from what I have read on this forum, it seems like everyone will have a fair chance of receiving an interview. To be honest all you can really do now is wait until next year and see how the cut-off numbers are going. No worries bro!

Status
Not open for further replies.