• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 - South America and The Caribbean winners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dv Selectee

If their objective was to make all the winners happy and give everyone Green Cards I would agree with you - but that is NOT their objective. Their objective is to allocate 50,000 Green Cards to the first people that qualify. Family members are counted within the 50k so they probably only need 35k winners (and they selected 140k). Having said that there is a MASSIVE drop out rate from the initial selectees so I am not suggesting 100k people will miss out, I'm just making the point that they don't really need to move faster just because there are more people queuing...

Fingers crossed for us all (although your 500 number is awesome). For Veronice and others (including myself) we have a longer time to spend biting our nails! ;)

I was just suggesting...

I'm not a dv expert however have been doing a lot of reading. I do not think the 50k includes family members. I'm saying the 50k is selectees only. See below

This is taken from FAQ DV 2014 Instructions:

18. HOW MANY INDIVIDUALS WILL BE SELECTED?
There are 50,000 DV visas available for DV-2014. Because it is likely that some of the first 50,000 persons who are selected will not qualify for visas or pursue their cases to visa issuance, more than 50,000 entries will be selected to ensure that all of the available DV visas are issued. However, this also means that there may not be a sufficient number of visas for all those who are initially selected................

Random selection as a selectee does not guarantee that you will receive a visa. Selection merely means that you are eligible to apply for a Diversity Visa, and if qualified, be issued a Diversity Visa. Only the first 50,000 selected applicants to qualify will be issued visas.

I was just suggesting...

I'm not a dv expert however have been doing a lot of reading. I do not think the 50k includes family members. I'm saying the 50k is selectees only. See below

This is taken from FAQ DV 2014 Instructions:

18. HOW MANY INDIVIDUALS WILL BE SELECTED?
There are 50,000 DV visas available for DV-2014. Because it is likely that some of the first 50,000 persons who are selected will not qualify for visas or pursue their cases to visa issuance, more than 50,000 entries will be selected to ensure that all of the available DV visas are issued. However, this also means that there may not be a sufficient number of visas for all those who are initially selected................

Random selection as a selectee does not guarantee that you will receive a visa. Selection merely means that you are eligible to apply for a Diversity Visa, and if qualified, be issued a Diversity Visa. Only the first 50,000 selected applicants to qualify will be issued visas.

Suggestions are welcome. Having suggestions like yours earlier clarify the thinking and understanding of all so no problem...

I see why the wording you quoted is confusing, but we know (through looking at actual visas issue stats, that the 50k available visas includes selectees and their family members.

If their objective was to make all the winners happy and give everyone Green Cards I would agree with you - but that is NOT their objective. Their objective is to allocate 50,000 Green Cards to the first people that qualify. Family members are counted within the 50k so they probably only need 35k winners (and they selected 140k). Having said that there is a MASSIVE drop out rate from the initial selectees so I am not suggesting 100k people will miss out, I'm just making the point that they don't really need to move faster just because there are more people queuing...

Fingers crossed for us all (although your 500 number is awesome). For Veronice and others (including myself) we have a longer time to spend biting our nails! ;)

YOU ROCK!!! I'm alredy "nail-less" so I also have to wait til my nails grow back again to bit them. Long wait... but worth it!

With such a high cut off I think some higher cases have a chance

Hi. I'm a selectee from Venezuela. Some people say only the 40% of the selectees get the visa. Good Luck for you all.

Is this that Venezuela and Cuba have more opportunities than other countries or more registered?

SOUTH AMERICA, CENTRAL AMERICA, AND THE CARIBBEAN:

ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA 11
GRENADA 31
SAINT LUCIA 42
ARGENTINA 218
GUATEMALA 225
SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES 13
BARBADOS 34
GUYANA 50
SURINAME 27
BELIZE 18
HONDURAS 121
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO 246
BOLIVIA 145
NICARAGUA 78
URUGUAY 41
CHILE 50
PANAMA 22
VENEZUELA 1,905
COSTA RICA 101
PARAGUAY 27
CUBA 1,178
SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS 15
DOMINICA 22

They doubled the amount for those countries

Is this that Venezuela and Cuba have more opportunities than other countries or more registered?

SOUTH AMERICA, CENTRAL AMERICA, AND THE CARIBBEAN:

ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA 11
GRENADA 31
SAINT LUCIA 42
ARGENTINA 218
GUATEMALA 225
SAINT VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES 13
BARBADOS 34
GUYANA 50
SURINAME 27
BELIZE 18
HONDURAS 121
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO 246
BOLIVIA 145
NICARAGUA 78
URUGUAY 41
CHILE 50
PANAMA 22
VENEZUELA 1,905
COSTA RICA 101
PARAGUAY 27
CUBA 1,178
SAINT KITTS AND NEVIS 15
DOMINICA 22

They doubled the amount for those countries

Maybe this is because we are the countries with more "need for emigrate" considering the current situation we are living at. It is so sad, and I think it's for more people registered to the lottery.

Good luck to us all. Please keep posting about your status in this process.

Maybe this is because we are the countries with more "need for emigrate" considering the current situation we are living at. It is so sad, and I think it's for more people registered to the lottery.

Good luck to us all. Please keep posting about your status in this process.

Agreed Veronice - the reason is to do with "desire" or need to leave the home country. I find it curious though that Argentina (with a population 30% higher than Venezuela) has so few entrants. I have family in Argentina - and in general I think most people would be better off out of there! Is Venezuela worse?

Agreed Veronice - the reason is to do with "desire" or need to leave the home country. I find it curious though that Argentina (with a population 30% higher than Venezuela) has so few entrants. I have family in Argentina - and in general I think most people would be better off out of there! Is Venezuela worse?

Well, I'm almost tired to talk about how bad my country is, because I love Venezuela, but really we are a little bit... having a bat time. Let me put just two examples:
- Do you know "toilet paper"? Ok, we use to have it. Now we almost can't find it anywhere.
- The trend in robbery right now is hair. HUMAN HAIR. They grab you, hold you and cut your hair to sell it.

So... really, I think for us is more than an opportunity... an OBLIGATION.
Just saying ;)

Well, I'm almost tired to talk about how bad my country is, because I love Venezuela, but really we are a little bit... having a bat time. Let me put just two examples:
- Do you know "toilet paper"? Ok, we use to have it. Now we almost can't find it anywhere.
- The trend in robbery right now is hair. HUMAN HAIR. They grab you, hold you and cut your hair to sell it.

So... really, I think for us is more than an opportunity... an OBLIGATION.
Just saying ;)

Oh man - I had heard about the toilet paper fiasco, but the hair thing sounds awful.

trini and st. vincent

good day to all. second year applying. I was not successful but my girlfriend was. I'm from Trinidad and my girlfriend is from Saint Vincent. Her number 2014SA000017XX seems pretty high looking at past cutoffs. Would be nice to hear ex visa winners experiences. Good luck to all

Well this year the amount of selectees selected was more than previous years, so I'm guessing that it may move a bit faster to get everyone in or current at the end of the dv year.

Let's think that the old 2000 are now the new 1000? lol, i'm just trying to bring a little bit of hope for the higher numbers!! Still focus and open... but with positive mind!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm possitive

good day to all. second year applying. I was not successful but my girlfriend was. I'm from Trinidad and my girlfriend is from Saint Vincent. Her number 2014SA000017XX seems pretty high looking at past cutoffs. Would be nice to hear ex visa winners experiences. Good luck to all

I've got SA000016XX. When I checked the 1NL I thought I didn't have any chance but after the results two weeks ago, I think now we may expect an interview between july and september. The thing that is not clear for me is why there are so many winners with higher numbers. The highest number reported as far as I know is SA00002550. What happen with the other numbers ( from SA00002551-SA00004620 )? Do they really exist?

Let's be possitive as Audio said

I've got SA000016XX. When I checked the 1NL I thought I didn't have any chance but after the results two weeks ago, I think now we may expect an interview between july and september. The thing that is not clear for me is why there are so many winners with higher numbers. The highest number reported as far as I know is SA00002550. What happen with the other numbers ( from SA00002551-SA00004620 )? Do they really exist?

Let's be possitive as Audio said

Hi! where did you get SA00004620? Does that really exists?
I'm expecting the next Visa Bulletin to get a clearer view about the rate they are going to move this year... Hopefully we all get our interviews and visas!

I am from Grenada and I won this year. Thanks so much for the good wishes!
I have never heard from a Grenadian who applied or won (I only know that it happens because of the statistics). i was starting to think our people didn't know about the lottery. I wish more of us would get on these forums!

Hi,
Am a fellow Grenadian and this is my 2nd time applying and happy to have won. I am happy for this forum for all the useful information am obtaining. my CN is SA17xx, so am hoping I get through before the cut off number. Best of luck:D

I think the best option right now is to be patient and wait for the next VB to get a clearer indication of the rate at which the visas are being processed, we also shouldn't rely too heavily on it purely because it fluctuates month to month. I'm positive though that we will all have an interview!

Any one else current in November?
I received my second notification letter today. Interview is in first week of November.

SA Dv

Myaxxp please share your experience DV experience with us as it processes!

Sure, right now im preparing for our medical exam next week. Its myself, husband and son. Keeping my fingers crossed all will go well.

Status
Not open for further replies.