• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

***!DV 2014 Selectee"s Report here!***

"The cut-off for June 2013 is 56,000 "

How do you find out all this cut-off business? Where do you hear this?

I am in the low two thousands, yet I want my interview to be a long while away. Could I be looking down the barrel of my interview happening real quick?

I am just new to this whole thing in the last few hours. I will get my mind wrapped around it I am sure.

What do the two letters in the code mean? like the AF in the above? is that the continent?

I am in the low two thousands, yet I want my interview to be a long while away. Could I be looking down the barrel of my interview happening real quick?

I am just new to this whole thing in the last few hours. I will get my mind wrapped around it I am sure.

What do the two letters in the code mean? like the AF in the above? is that the continent?

Let me introduce you to the visa bulletin :)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_1360.html

You look at here every month to see if your number is current. There are six regions, you are OC, so in May people with numbers up to 1115 would be current from your region. Next month it'd be 1275. So you are getting your wish after all, chances are the numbers will progress similar next year and you won't be current before summer.

The cut-offs are in the monthly visa bulletin which you'll find on this forum and also on the US State Department website.

Don't worry about the interview date. You will be given 6 weeks notification for your interview regardless of your region so use that time properly to prepare your documents.

I'm presuming you're from the OC region so you'd have your interview sometime in early 2014 if I'm not mistaken. I'll check this and let you know.

And yes the two letters such as AF or AS or OC mean the region. AF being the Africa region.

Also on another note get all your other documents early - so what I am referring to here is things such as an original high school diploma, original degree, school leaving certificates, marriage certificate (if applicable) et al.

Rule is you have one original and one copy when you go for the interview.

Most importantly when you fill out the next set of forms to send to KCC take 7 to 10 days and make sure the information is concise and correct. You'll be amazed how the smallest of things raises eyebrows.

I'm from Australia and got selected after 11 years of trying - case number 2014OC00002xxx.

Higher case number for the Oceania region, so looking at past visa bulletins I am expecting to be notified around July/August 2014.

Congratulations to everyone who got selected!

Congratulations to all the winners

Bro we're also here to guide you so don't worry.

Hi guys,

let me start by congratulating those that won on today's results, God who saw us thru our own process will surely seen u guys thru. In Jesus Name................

Hi everyone!
I just found out I had been randomly selected for further processing for DV 2014 and I'd greatly appreciate any advice about the process!

My CN is ...50xxx (EUrope). Is this a very high CN? The research I've done so far suggests that it's extremely high and that I probably don't stand chance to get the GC. :(

I have no idea what I can do to increase my chances. I'm currently on a F1 visa and will get the OPT this August (It will expire in August 2014). I know I can apply for AOS but I checked the visa bulletins from previous years and it seems my CN will probably become current only in June-August 2014. This makes me fear that applying for AOS would be too risky, as my application might not even be processed in time by the end of September 2014.

Do you think going for CP instead of AOS is a better idea? If I do that, do I have to leave the US after I apply through KCC? Can I apply from the US? Will the CP interfere with my OPT, or can I just stay here until it's time for me to go to the interview in my home country (if I get an interview, that is)?

I'm freaking out. I'm utterly shocked that I've won. I've been applying every year for many years with no success. I didn't expect anything today when I checked my confirmation number.

Any advice would be so appreciated. Thanks so much!

And CONGRATULATIONS to everyone else who has been selected for 2014!:D

I have no idea what I can do to increase my chances. I'm currently on a F1 visa and will get the OPT this August (It will expire in August 2014). I know I can apply for AOS but I checked the visa bulletins from previous years and it seems my CN will probably become current only in June-August 2014. This makes me fear that applying for AOS would be too risky, as my application might not even be processed in time by the end of September 2014.

Do you think going for CP instead of AOS is a better idea? If I do that, do I have to leave the US after I apply through KCC? Can I apply from the US? Will the CP interfere with my OPT, or can I just stay here until it's time for me to go to the interview in my home country (if I get an interview, that is)?

I'm freaking out. I'm utterly shocked that I've won. I've been applying every year for many years with no success. I didn't expect anything today when I checked my confirmation number.

Any advice would be so appreciated. Thanks so much!

And CONGRATULATIONS to everyone else who has been selected for 2014!:D

Congrats :) My first advice would be to calm down and start reading dv aos 2013 only thread, and post your questions in the 2014 aos thread.

Hello all!!

Congratulations to all who were selected for further processing. I have been selected too!! :)

My case number is pretty high!! 2014AF0009XXXX I've been trying to read up about what exactly the case number means, but still don't quite understand it. This forum is really great and no doubt i will know more about the whole process in the coming weeks.

kind regards,

I'm Australian. I won too. For months I have had a lingering feeling of dread about winning and part of me hoped to lose. I entered without considering it deeply enough. I would love to go to America but I fear I may be unable to meet all the requirements.

I have a sporadic employment history and I have recently been self-employed so the recent couple of years is very solid looking. I also took state disability welfare for a time in my 20s. I fear I'm doomed. Utterly doomed. Doomed with this "public charge" thing.

Any Australians who have been through the process who wish to assist me, this is the information I need:

How many years of tax returns did you need to show?
How many months from the day you found out you won the lottery elapsed between then and the day you were standing before a consular official showing financial documents for the first time?
How far back in your bank accounts statements did they look how far back do you need to go?
I have 20 grand in the bank and a 20 grand car I can also sell. Plus a bachelor's degree.
I will pass the medical, I am no longer disabled. I can even provide my own doc saying even if I tried, I wouldn't be eligible to get disability in Australia any more. I think I am going to be sick now that I won. I don't feel good at all. I feel doomed. How many months do I have to get these financials together?

If anyone can answer those questions I have, I owe you something. I am worried sick!

If I had have known then what I know now about interacting with the australian welfare system and potentially poisoining my ability to leave the country, I would have lived on bread and water at my parents place on the floor, that's how much I will be livid if this past history of collecting some welfare keeps me trapped in one country for the rest of my life.

what is it that makes you leave Australia for America? Are you Aus citizen? I do see your concern, they might bring up your past reliance on gov welfare problematic. But I wouldn't brag about it - even here. Just think about it and make a decision, coz that's your future! Don't freak though... they don't like freaks at the embassy :p

" But I wouldn't brag about it - even here." I'm not bragging about my problem from the past, in fact it concerns me greatly. If you meant I shouldn't have mentioned it here, it's too late now isn't it? I can't delete it.

EUROPEDV2008DV2009DV2010DV2011DV2012DV2013
Oct5,8006,6009,1009,6008,5005,700
Nov9,20011,0009,50012,50011,0007,000
Dec11,10012,90012,40013,60013,5009,250
Jan13,60015,40019,75015,40016,50010,950
Feb15,30017,10022,40017,60022,00013,400
Mar17,60019,80024,70020,45026,50016,200
Apr20,62520,80026,30023,20032,00022,850
May23,50024,90029,25027,80040,00027,500
Jun29,00028,00031,00029,450current31,000
Julcurrentcurrent32,00033,000current
Augcurrentcurrentcurrentcurrentcurrent
Sepcurrentcurrentcurrentcurrentcurrent

congrats Gina_g !
above is the cutoff numbers for last five years for your info.
I would suggest you reviewing winners' feedbacks from your home country (for last years). So you can make a better decision for AoS vs. CP.

all the best !

Sharm I have an OC CN in low 2000's can you do a prediction for me too? I am already in the US so tossing up between AOS or CP. Ive been looking at the bulletins but cant work it out??? Thanks :)

Number for July for Europe will be current, 31000 actually is current, because there are no open numbers in Europe higher than 31000.
That is not so easy to predict Oceania though.

Hi
I'm another Australian who has been select (through my wife). Case No. 2014OC00001XXX (between 1200 -1400). I'm guessing if all goes well we will get our interview late next year.

Case No. 2014OC00001XXX

Dan where did you find out when ( approx) you think your interview will be? I am in the low 2000's and would like an idea of when or if I can expect an interview.

Hello all!!

Congratulations to all who were selected for further processing. I have been selected too!! :)

My case number is pretty high!! 2014AF0009XXXX I've been trying to read up about what exactly the case number means, but still don't quite understand it. This forum is really great and no doubt i will know more about the whole process in the coming weeks.

kind regards,

Congratulations on your selection.

Follow the monthly visa bulletin on to keep track of the cut-off for case numbers.

Your case number is pretty high but if all goes well you should have the interview in August or September 2014.

Case No - DV2013AF0007XXXX (applied the first time and got it the first time - lucky me lol)
Entry Checked - 1st May 2012
Forms Sent To KCC - 10th May 2012
Received By KCC - 12th May 2012
Confirmation From KCC - 25th May 2012 after I sent them an email
2nd NL - Not Yet
Police Clearance - Not Yet
Medicals - Not Yet
Interviews - Hopefully in mid-August
Visa Pick up - Hopefully in mid-August
Port of Entry - New York JFK