• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2014 Low case number

Jennika

Registered Users (C)
Hi everyone!

I just registered because I need some information, if possible.

I have two nationalities: Albanian and Italian. I live in Italy but I was selected for my birth place, which means Albania.

On my confirmation letter (case n. 2014EU000003**) the indicated post is Naples, I guess it is because in Naples I can find the nearest US consular center dealing with this matters. But will I have to do my medical exams and interview there or I have to go and do them in Albania? For me it makes no difference, just to know.

My husband is Cameroonian and lives in Italy too, so we will go and do everything at the same place and in the same day, right?

The Kentucky Consular Center is going to receive my forms by the end of today. But how long will it take for me to receive the second notification? The one about interview, ect... I mean, based on my case number will I be among the first ones? Further more I don't know how to use the visa bulletin, how to calculate when my cn will possibly be current :-( How do I know we did everything the right way?

I just can't wait for everything to be done! Fingers crossed :)

Thank you in advance for your answers!!

PS. Congrats to all the winners!! And a "don't give up" to the others...

Last edited by a moderator:
You can contact
Piazza della Repubblica - 80122 NAPOLI
Telephone (switchboard): (+39) 081.583.8111

Hope you can some information here.
Hi everyone!

I just registered because I need some information, if possible.

I have two nationalities: Albanian and Italian. I live in Italy but I was selected for my birth place, which means Albania.

On my confirmation letter (case n. 2014EU000003**) the indicated post is Naples, I guess it is because in Naples I can find the nearest US consular center dealing with this matters. But will I have to do my medical exams and interview there or I have to go and do them in Albania? For me it makes no difference, just to know.

My husband is Cameroonian and lives in Italy too, so we will go and do everything at the same place and in the same day, right?

The Kentucky Consular Center is going to receive my forms by the end of today. But how long will it take for me to receive the second notification? The one about interview, ect... I mean, based on my case number will I be among the first ones? Further more I don't know how to use the visa bulletin, how to calculate when my cn will possibly be current :-( How do I know we did everything the right way?

I just can't wait for everything to be done! Fingers crossed :)

Thank you in advance for your answers!!

PS. Congrats to all the winners!! And a "don't give up" to the others...

Yes you both can process from Naples. Your number will be current in October since it's extremely low (lucky you :)).

You should get your second notification letter by mid-September at the latest. I'd expect it to get there in August. Get started on getting all your documents together as soon as possible. Did you send in your forms yet? You should do it ASAP since you'll be among the first to interview.

Congratulations!

Yes you both can process from Naples. Your number will be current in October since it's extremely low (lucky you :)).

You should get your second notification letter by mid-September at the latest. I'd expect it to get there in August. Get started on getting all your documents together as soon as possible. Did you send in your forms yet? You should do it ASAP since you'll be among the first to interview.

Congratulations!

Thank you very much. Can't wait!

You can contact
Piazza della Repubblica - 80122 NAPOLI
Telephone (switchboard): (+39) 081.583.8111

Hope you can some information here.

Believe me, I've been calling them for 4 days... nobody answering! This is incredible!!

Thank you anyway

Congratulations!

Forgot to tell you that yes, my forms are being delivered to the Kentucky Consular Center right now by DHL :)

Congratulations!

One last question ;) How will I get the second notification letter? By email or again through status check?

I think it's by regular mail (the address you gave them). But you can contact them through email and they'll send it to you electronically too.

One last question ;) How will I get the second notification letter? By email or again through status check?

I think it's by regular mail (the address you gave them). But you can contact them through email and they'll send it to you electronically too.

No you will not receive a regular mail. You will receive an email telling you there's an update on your status check page. When you visit the status check page, you will see the details about your interview.

But, normally, how do I know I filled the forms correctly? I mean, if I did something wrong do they inform me? Or I'm out?
Is there someone who has passed through something like that? Because the questions were nothing special, but you know, doubts get over you in these cases, even with stupid things...

No you will not receive a regular mail. You will receive an email telling you there's an update on your status check page. When you visit the status check page, you will see the details about your interview.

So they changed their procedure? They used to do regular mail.

But, normally, how do I know I filled the forms correctly? I mean, if I did something wrong do they inform me? Or I'm out?
Is there someone who has passed through something like that? Because the questions were nothing special, but you know, doubts get over you in these cases, even with stupid things...

What I did, about a month after I couriered the forms, was to send KCC an email asking them if they had received the forms and to check that all was in order with them. (I tried earlier than this originalky but the initial response was to enquire after a month or so as it obviously takes them a while to get through the forms they receive...they can't answer if your envelope hasn't been opened yet ;) )

When you email, remember to include not only name and case number but also date of birth written in American format (month-day-year). If you don't they will just ask you to resend request with this info.... They can take a good few days to answer emails so don't get too impatient!!

What I did, about a month after I couriered the forms, was to send KCC an email asking them if they had received the forms and to check that all was in order with them. (I tried earlier than this originalky but the initial response was to enquire after a month or so as it obviously takes them a while to get through the forms they receive...they can't answer if your envelope hasn't been opened yet ;) )

When you email, remember to include not only name and case number but also date of birth written in American format (month-day-year). If you don't they will just ask you to resend request with this info.... They can take a good few days to answer emails so don't get too impatient!!

Thank you!!

Yes, Naples is the only Italian US Consulate that processes Diversity Visas. You and your husband will do your interview in Naples, not Albania, since you live in Italy.

You will do your medical exams wherever there is a Panel Doctor - this is a doctor that is approved by the US to do the Visa medical exam. When you get your second notification, they will give you a list of approved Panel Doctors in Italy.

There will be a huge number of forms being sent in, over the next few months - thousands, every day. They will take at least a month or more to process each one.

You will be most interested in the September 2013 Visa Bulletin, which will be published about the second week of August.

See example of last year's: http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5759.html Familiarize yourself with it. It's not that difficult.

Go to Part C, "Advance Notification Of The Diversity (DV) Immigrant Category Rank Cut-Offs Which Will Apply In October"

If your case-number is below the cut-off number they publish for EU region, then you will have an interview in October.

You will receive an email a few days after that Visa Bulletin is published - around mid-August - telling you to check online for your second notification with all the important information you will need for your interview. You will have about 6 - 7 weeks to prepare for your interview.

Good luck.

DV2013 OC Selectee - 7xx
2NL: 11-Jan-2013
Medicals: done
Police Check: done
Interview: 07-Mar-2013 - Successful in Montreal!
Amazing! This guy is not a faker. There was an interview in Montreal with this guy on 3/7/2013, his number is OC735. I had so strong suspicion he misrepresented his consulate and number, but he did not. I am glad he is not a faker. He got a visa with another family member. He is very much different from Makiki

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing! This guy is not a faker. There was an interview in Montreal with this guy on 3/7/2013, his number is OC735. I had a very strong suspicion he misrepresented his consulate and number, but he did not. He got a visa with another family member. He is very much different from Makiki

This "guy" is not only not a faker, but he's a she :D I guess your super powers can't find out the person's gender?

Why would you think I misrepresented my consulate and number? I'm rather offended.