• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2014 Lottery High number or not? Please help.

Hi Everyone,

My Case number is in AS16XXX and i am from Sri Lanka. I read lot about Nepal from this forum. what do you think about Sri Lanka. Will there be a possibility that my number is reached before September 2014.
Also note that I have requested for AOS as i am already in the US. If i change my visa process to Consuller processing and if Sri lanka has less number of selectees will i get a better chance than AOS. Please let me know.
Also what is the exact meaning of current. Last year during August and September Visa bulleting showed current (Not the numbers) in that case are they interviewing to fullfill the balance visas so that even the high numbers like mine will get a chance.

I have so far got the 2nd letter from KCC (Adjustment letter) and a form to complete details on a payment of 330$ which i have not done so far since my number is not in current. Please help to understand what needs to be

your case is high seeing till now process even u are from srilanka its risky but if in comming month what will the vb shows no one can predict nor anyone can say so its high on the basis of till published Vb and another point even ur case gets current as ur doingAOS it may misfire and its quite risky to DO AOS with such case
My views are totally based on till now asian progress of VB future no one has seen till now its high case and problem is with such high case u are doing AOS
Hi Everyone,

My Case number is in AS16XXX and i am from Sri Lanka. I read lot about Nepal from this forum. what do you think about Sri Lanka. Will there be a possibility that my number is reached before September 2014.
Also note that I have requested for AOS as i am already in the US. If i change my visa process to Consuller processing and if Sri lanka has less number of selectees will i get a better chance than AOS. Please let me know.
Also what is the exact meaning of current. Last year during August and September Visa bulleting showed current (Not the numbers) in that case are they interviewing to fullfill the balance visas so that even the high numbers like mine will get a chance.

I have so far got the 2nd letter from KCC (Adjustment letter) and a form to complete details on a payment of 330$ which i have not done so far since my number is not in current. Please help to understand what needs to be

Hi Everyone,

I agree totaly with rayme
Just wanna add that even srilanka doesn't have lot selectees even if you are the only one
Unfortunatly interviews are secheduled by ranking numbers CN.......

Step children

Hi everyone:
Thank you all for taking the time to make this experience as interesting as possible.
My case number is AS13xxx (not from Iran or Nepal) my issue is I have two kids & my husband has one. I only mentioned mine and he mentioned his in the forms we sent to KCC. Also I didn't mention his daughter when I first applied in OCT 2012 because I thought since she is living with her mother and there is no possibility of her joining us to the States. But now I am more informed thanks to you guys...do you think there will be a problem? will it surface before or during the interview? will there be an interview for me? Simon once responded to a lady inquiry about almost the same case by saying that it is a disqualifying factor is that so? even though we didn't hide anything.
I mean the kid's name is declared in my husband's forms.
Friends you don't have an idea how helpful you are to everyone reading your posts....so please keep the good work.:eek:

In that case i beleive i can send the DSP 122 and might try to do a CP. Cant I? But i understand the fact that i have to wait and see.
I do need to understand how a country like mine where there is a smaller count of selectees get a chance. When you say "srilanka doesn't have lot selectees" does that mean its a positive or a negative factor for me?

Hi everyone:
Thank you all for taking the time to make this experience as interesting as possible.
My case number is AS13xxx (not from Iran or Nepal) my issue is I have two kids & my husband has one. I only mentioned mine and he mentioned his in the forms we sent to KCC. Also I didn't mention his daughter when I first applied in OCT 2012 because I thought since she is living with her mother and there is no possibility of her joining us to the States. But now I am more informed thanks to you guys...do you think there will be a problem? will it surface before or during the interview? will there be an interview for me? Simon once responded to a lady inquiry about almost the same case by saying that it is a disqualifying factor is that so? even though we didn't hide anything.
Friends you don't have an idea how helpful you are to everyone reading your posts....so please keep the good work.:eek:

I think we need to be very clear about the details to avoid giving bad advice. From what you are saying my first reaction is that the mistake you have made IS serious enough to get you disqualified. It beaks the rules that are made very clear in the instructions - here is what it says.

"Number of children – List the Name, date of birth, gender, city/town of birth, and country of birth
for all living unmarried children under 21 years of age, regardless of whether or not they are living
with you or intend to accompany or follow to join you should you immigrate to the United States.

Submit individual photographs of each of your children using the same technical specifications as
your own photograph.

Be sure to include:

 all living natural children;
 all living children legally adopted by you; and,
all living step-children who are unmarried and under the age of 21 on the date of your
electronic entry, even if you are no longer legally married to the child’s parent, and even if
the child does not currently reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you.
"

At the time of the elcontronic entry you and your husband were legally married - correct?
You have between you 3 children - are they all under 21?
ON THE ELECTRONIC ENTRY each of you only listed your own biological children not your step children - is that correct?
Then when you sent the forms (122/230) you have only listed your own biological children - is that correct?
Who was the principle selectee/winner?

Hi everyone:

I'm afraid, your will be disqualified at the time of your interview. Yes, you guys have not tried to 'hide' anything, but you didn't follow the instructions given either. On your eDV application, you were supposed to list your natural children and your step children (your husband's children) if they're non US citizens or permanent residents, unmarried and under 21. Your husband was supposed to do the same thing in his eDV application form. Now, if your step daughter is over 21 or was married at the time of your eDV application, then you should be okay.

Dear Britsimon n other expert guys, I have a bit knowledge about dv and I am new for this forum.
All my friends from Nepal mentioned that noone was disappointed from dv lottery in those days ie everyone had got a chance of 2 NL and I was sure about visa before join this forum and data showed that every year was current at the end of fiscal year from our country but while viewing the post from this forum I am gonna puzzle from few days and arose some questions like this:
1) Will there any probability of current in aug/sep from AS region ?
My case number is AS12*** and many my friends have case number higher than me. why did they select so many selectee (6082) from single country????, 4500 selectee are more than sufficient to saturate the country limit for our country having highest success rate(>92%).
2) what will be the tentative date of interview if the luck favors me?
Besides this, everyone would gotta notified in this electronics jungle so that I have not seen the dense hole in upcoming numbers so that there will be slim chance for the high cases from this tortoise speed. I am confirmed that there was 125k selectee instead of 100k for sure but we are now discussing 145k selectee with derivatives. There must select the sufficient selectee instead of colossal selectee because there were hundreds of Iranian were disappointed in 013.
3) is there any chance of special cutoff for Nepal in AS region?
The full form of DV is deepresion before visa or Diversity Visa ...I am really confused whether I am winner or losser!!! I am optimistic guy but poor in english and wanna logical explanation from you!!!

Step Children

Thank you very much for your responses.
From whatever you've said I am afraid you have a valid point. Well, I am the main applicant my kids are over 21 but my husband's daughter is 6. Do you think I can do anything to correct the mistake as in sending the forms again since my CN is kind of high AS13xxx? Or is it too late because I didn't include the child in my entry application?
Your valuable advise would be appreciated.

Dear Britsimon n other expert guys, I have a bit knowledge about dv and I am new for this forum.
All my friends from Nepal mentioned that noone was disappointed from dv lottery in those days ie everyone had got a chance of 2 NL and I was sure about visa before join this forum and data showed that every year was current at the end of fiscal year from our country but while viewing the post from this forum I am gonna puzzle from few days and arose some questions like this:
My case number is AS12*** and many my friends have case number higher than me. why did they select so many selectee (6082) from single country????, 4500 selectee are more than sufficient to saturate the country limit for our country having highest success rate(>92%).
Besides this, everyone would gotta notified in this electronics jungle so that I have not seen the dense hole in upcoming numbers so that there will be slim chance for the high cases from this tortoise speed. I am confirmed that there was 125k selectee instead of 100k for sure but we are now discussing 145k selectee with derivatives. There must select the sufficient selectee instead of colossal selectee because there were hundreds of Iranian were disappointed in 013.
The full form of DV is deepresion before visa or Diversity Visa ...I am really confused whether I am winner or losser!!! I am optimistic guy but poor in english and wanna logical explanation from you!!!

1. I don't think AS will go current - there are just too many selectees this year. Regarding the 6082, well in fact that is artificially limited to around 6k as are all the countries with extremely high numbers of entrants.
2. A lot depends on whether there is a special cutoff or not. They may decide to slow down the Nepal/Iran interviews with a special cutoff, so at thi s time it is too difficult to guess your interview date.
3. Yes there is a chance of special cutoff (slowing down interviews) there is also the chance that Nepal hits the 7% limit and gets stopped (as happened to Iran last year).

All you can do is wait and see...

Since you are from Nepal, is that possible for you to compile the Nepal case # that you get the your Facebook Group or whatever forum you guys are using into every thousand range? Like 5k - 34 selectees, 6k - 21 selectees, etc...

This will help us to make better prediction whether Nepal will hit their country limit by 10-12k or more.

Since you are from Nepal, is that possible for you to compile the Nepal case # that you get the your Facebook Group or whatever forum you guys are using into every thousand range? Like 5k - 34 selectees, 6k - 21 selectees, etc...

This will help us to make better prediction whether Nepal will hit their country limit by 10-12k or more.

Do you really think there is a valid correlation between people on the forum and total number selected for any given country? For example on Polish forum few people listed their CNs and mostly high numbers are present. The sample is very small and in my opinion does not represent the spread (as seen in WRW CEAC data and interview schedule). On the other hand judging by the number of selectees from Nepal, their facebook group could have substantial number of people posting their CNs.

Last edited by a moderator:
From whatever you've said I am afraid you have a valid point. Well, I am the main applicant my kids are over 21 but my husband's daughter is 6. Do you think I can do anything to correct the mistake as in sending the forms again since my CN is kind of high AS13xxx? Or is it too late because I didn't include the child in my entry application?

When you sent back the DSP-122 and DS-230 forms for yourself and your husband (as your derivative), your husband listed his daughter on his form, right? If yes, I can't think of how you can get around this unfortunately. IMO, your file is likely to get flagged by KCC when it gets sent to the embassy for further processing. If she wasn't listed on the form your husband submitted as your derivative, there could have been a slim chance of not being disqualified for this omission.

When you sent back the DSP-122 and DS-230 forms for yourself and your husband (as your derivative), your husband listed his daughter on his form, right? If yes, I can't think of how you can get around this unfortunately. IMO, your file is likely to get flagged by KCC when it gets sent to the embassy for further processing. If she wasn't listed on the form your husband submitted as your derivative, there could have been a slim chance of not being disqualified for this omission.

Yep, sadly I agree with Sm1smom. The rules are very clear and the result will be an almost certain disqualification. Sorry.

Do you really think there is a valid correlation between people on the forum and total number selected for any given country? For example on Polish forum few people listed their CNs and mostly high numbers are present. The sample is very small and in my opinion does not represent the spread (as seen in WRW CEAC data and interview schedule). On the other hand judging by the number of selectees from Nepal, their facebook group could have substantial number of people posting their CNs.

Yes, the sample data might be too small to use for analysis but at least we know rough how it get distributed. So we can do some guesstimate.

this is the first time in the history of dv lottery that all winners are not sure about 2NL from all regions.....noone can predict the limit of AS, one of my friend just called me said that his case number is AS27*** from Nepal, a very genuine friend and he wanna know the probability of the chances!!! I became wordless n what is the chances in your view???

this is the first time in the history of dv lottery that all winners are not sure about 2NL from all regions.....noone can predict the limit of AS, one of my friend just called me said that his case number is AS27*** from Nepal, a very genuine friend and he wanna know the probability of the chances!!! I became wordless n what is the chances in your view???

Based on the current movement and I think his chances is very slim. The only chance he has is when his own country men do not take all the country limit when his number get current. If his number ever get current.

Based on the current movement and I think his chances is very slim. The only chance he has is when his own country men do not take all the country limit when his number get current. If his number ever get current.
I am agree with kayend and not see the minor chances for him in any angle because 5k selectee is much more sufficient to meet their country limit!!!
I havenot seen the chance of AS12k in worst condition the reason that they have called only 4325 upto this acme time of fy....
Approximately how many selectee were the Iranian(other countries) in dv 013(dv...yrs) and how many numbers were disappointed in dv13(dv...yrs) from Iran(other countries)????