• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2014 Lottery High number or not? Please help.

I said it about residents of Greece, not about natives. All residents of Greece, natives of Greece or not, are usually interviewed in Greece.
A person is usually interviewed in the country of residence (in the consulate that has jurisdiction over your residence, to be exact). There are few exceptions, but you do not have a broad choice of place of interview.
Usually only one consulate has that jurisdiction (in case of Iran there are 5).
That is permanent residence. If you are physically present in another consular district at the moment of sending forms to KCC and are going to be present there continuously until the date of interview, that consulate would accept you as well.

I noticed that Riga (Latvia) consulate is not in your 2013 CEAC spreadsheet as well Lithuania, Estonia, Belorussia.
I think that reasidents of these countries are assigned to Warsaw consulate.

Lithuania and Estonia have their own consulates. Belarus does not have their own and shares Warsaw consulate. Not every consulate is in the system. But almost all consulates outside Europe are in the system.

Lithuania and Estonia have their own consulates. Belarus does not have their own and shares Warsaw consulate. Not every consulate is in the system. But almost all consulates outside Europe are in the system.

That's right - Riga, Tallinn and Vilinius have US embassies with consulates. But acccording to your list as of 05/30/203 there is no DV cases in CEAC being processed in Riga, Tallinn and Vilnius consulates so far. This is why I think that DV cases and other immigrant visa cases are assigned to somewhere else - possibly Warsaw.
I know for sure that Riga embassy issues non-immigrant visas.

Normally Latvia gets about 40-70 DV visas a year.
In 2009 - 100 winners, 41 visas(AOS+CP).
In 2010 - 90 winners, 36 visas(AOS+CP).
In 2011 - 122 winners, 70 visas(AOS+CP).

05/30/2013 is seven months into 2013 year and no cases in CEAC from Riga consulate?
I will wait for your update of EU data in CEAC.

Riga and Tallinn both issue immigrant visas. However, those cases are not entered into CEAC system.
12 European consulates and a number of others are not in CEAC system.

AF:
Brazzaville, Republic of Congo
Freetown, Sierra Leone (files go to DKR)
Lilongwe, Malawi
Luanda, Angola

AS:
Beirut, Lebanon
Guangzhou, China (Electronic Processing)
Madras (Chennai), India
Vientiane, Laos

EU:
Ashgabat, Turkmenistan
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Bratislava, Slovakia
Chisinau, Moldova
Copenhagen, Denmark
Ljuljana, Slovenia
Riga, Latvia
Sarajevo, Bosnia-Herzegovina
Tallinn, Estonia
Tashkent, Uzbekistan
Vilinuis, Lithuania
Yerevan, Armenia

SA:
Guatemala City, Guatemala
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico (Electronic Processing)
Montevideo, Uruguay
Santo Domingo, Dom. Rep.
San Salvador, El Salvador

CEAC covers only about 60% of EU visas, about 90% of SA and OC; about 95% AF and AS.

Last edited by a moderator:
South Africa 2014 Selectee

We have been selected for further processing for DV 2014 however our number seems to be extremely high to me.

2014AF00113xxx

Although I admit to being confused by the numbers and allocations for each country. Perhaps someone could clarify how this works. Are the numbers relevant to each country?

Thank you

Ok got it thank you. I'm a bit surprised to see these numbers from Eu. What is your conclusion ?

To me it seems like a very low number of individual issued visa for 2013.

Also if I add up the administrative and the issued columns for both individual and family members for all regions I get 56,235. This is higher than the dv visa numbers so would that not indicate that only principal winners are counted towards the quota?

Seems like 14,149 eu visas have been issued at this time but only from 4,521 principal winners. What's your conclusion?

ceac does not include about 40% eu visa numbers, including Tashkent and Yerevan consulates (4.5K visas total)

Iam a randomly selected candidate for 2014 Dv lottery on my mail to kcc about the inquiry of my documents i got such a reply what that means Iam worried about this please anyone there to help me thanx in advance.
Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of October.

Iam a randomly selected candidate for 2014 Dv lottery on my mail to kcc about the inquiry of my documents i got such a reply what that means Iam worried about this please anyone there to help me thanx in advance.
Thank you for your inquiry.

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of October.

That email is fine - it means they have received your forms and processing will continue according to your case number.

Stop stressing yourself out!

what that means pending and review from embassy means sir?

Pending means waiting.
Review in this case means looking at and processing.

So your forms are received and now WAITING to be PROCESSED by the embassy - which means your case will then continue...

It is good news - chill out and relax.

Pending means waiting.
Review in this case means looking at and processing.

So your forms are received and now WAITING to be PROCESSED by the embassy - which means your case will then continue...

It is good news - chill out and relax.
thanx for ur reply but I just wanted to know whether any one other has got same reply or not?

Need suggestion

Sir what ever look at the statistics even 50000 not granted for all years and the statistics suppose to include all even the NACRA and you will see they never ever reach 55000

Now I have send my document for Adjust of status to the KCC office with BCIS. I am confused now.
1. My NUMBER IS AS000076XX
2. I am from Nepal where 6,082 won the DV lottery for 2014 which is 12.16%, This is almost twice more than 7% rule for any country.
3. Looking at the history, my interview will not be until April-July 2014.
3a. If I will take interview from Nepal I would get interview before April.

Question:
1. Will second letter secure my standing for dv interview?
1a. Or before I get my interview done, can it cross 7% rule and kick me out of league?
2. I have already send DS122 with BCIS. Can I now change and take interview from Nepal.
3. HOw can I secure my standing? What is the better way?

I find this is as a good community forum, thx for all the good job. I also have couple of confusion.

CN:AS7XXX.

1. I am looking to for adjust of status from h1b.
2. I called KCC, they said to contact FO for USCIS.
3. I read forum many people send DS-122, PP photo and a letter to KCC first. But when I called KCC, they told me to contact FO near me.
3a. I have not started any paperwork from my side as I am confused where and what to send.
4. What is the next step?

Extra questions:
5. Does any one has full life cycle of what I am supposed to do?
6. If everything goes well how soon will I get GC?

In DV-13 Nepal could get about 2800 visas out of 4370 visas.
In DV-14 there are 6082 winners that could get to 3900 visas what is more than 3500. However, that is just slightly more, and that could be a concern with winners with larger numbers than yours. With your number 76xx you are pretty safe.