• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
forum fellas... hope every1 is doing good and keeping on well. Just wanted to let all you know that I have confirmed lift off: next week Wednesday,the 12th, leaving JKIA at 2340hrs;arriving ATL 1955 the following day. Cost 810 USD...agent;IOM. out..@@@

For Kenyans in the forum. Leaving abroad for over 2 years comes with some benefits. I don’t know about the other countries. The day you decide you are done leaving abroad. Do not sell your cherished personal effects and prized car(s). Simply put them in a container and ship them off to Kenya. You will clear your container DUTY FREE. I had the opportunity to do so last year. After finding out I was selected in the green card. Me and my wife decided to relocate back home spend some time with our families before flying out to US if successful. I had a month to plan so I went to a pal of mine who had a huge warehouse full of second hand stuff. I gave him a list of things I wanted and agreed on a one off price. For electrical stuff he did not have most of them so I bought them of Ebay.

I wanted to come with the car of my dreams but it was not possible. As you need to own the car for at least one year before qualifying for duty free status. There was this Indian/Kenyan car dealer who wanted to back date the car for me. After a small research online I found out that the Interpol had visited Kenya several months before and seized a couple of cars from UK that had been back dated on ownership. So I abandoned the process, no need to buy a car that will leave some heads turning and enjoy it for a week or so before being shipped back.

So if you have relatives living abroad as students etc. and are planning to relocate to Kenya. Let them know about duty free status. No need to return home with just 2 suite cases to start a new life.

I saved a lot off cash by doing this than coming home to buy new stuff. A 20 foot container can comfortably carry furniture and electrical for a 2 bedroom apartment, while a 5 bedroom house can fit in a 40 foot or a three bed house plus a saloon car. I managed to bring a 40 foot container, I am still struggling to fit in a 3 bedroom house; I have converted one room as a storage room. I managed to carry furniture’s and electrical for my in laws like sofas, dining tables etc. The kitchens so far I have viewed are kind of small lacking storage space so most of the kitchen stuff are in boxes.

NB
REMEMBER 99% OF YOUR ITEMS NEED TO LOOK USED the KRA guys may decide to charge you duty for everything in the container if they sense deceit. If it is new please remove the price tags and the packages. Some odd new things they may not bother you (unless the guy is looking for a bribe). if you can not pay duty they will auction everything in the container to the highest bidder. Some KRA officials at the port told us that we were not wise we qualified to bring a 40 foot container each as people abroad are known to have 2 houses. They said we could have sold the items in one container off after clearing it. I thought later this could easily have been my savings to relocate to US......there went my millions:mad::mad::mad:. You can have some double items etc as well...in the container like 2 sets of sofas, 2 fridges etc as long as you can convince them by telling them you had 2 houses etc. Even shipping like 4/5 tvs you can say each bedroom had a tv.( I am not promoting lying) but if it is true there you have it!!

For a car you have to own it more than 1 year before shipping. The car needs to be less than 7 years OLD. You might have to convince the Revenue officials that you are returning for good, You can do this by showing an offer letter for a job etc. Once in Kenya you cannot sell it off unless you pay duty for it. You cannot use the car for commercial purposes eg car rental, taxi etc. It cannot be a commercial car like a pick up. It is one person per car but if you are married you can both send a car each or you children are above driving age. It is a good way of buying your dad or mum a car. A friend of mine and his brother shipped a Mercedes and a BMW for the dad duty free. The dad is using them till today.

Every little helps….

As usual we can count on you on very informative pieces on how to beat the system(sic!)lol...sisi wengine tumezoea kuishi gashuru we don't even know how the world works outside our ushago; wooiii sema culture SHOCK!!!teren teren...

Am so happy for you family though your sis sabotaged our plans,but that is what's best for the kids,all the best and o believe we will see each other soon!
Thank you so much, I wished the two families to board the same plane because we went through so much together. God willing, we will be re united in the US

hallo folks hop all is well holding on and waiting for the VB we hope that this tym round there will be a big jump praying for success for all going for the interviews may the lord God bless ya all including family who is relocating

remember God loves you be blessed folks

Today devotion

Proverbs 4:12

When you walk, your steps will not be hampered; when you run, you will not stumble.

God loves you be blessed folks
Thank you Akelloh "God loves me"

Good afternoon lovely people,I have finalized our booking with IOM online,we leave on sunday 30th march at11:35pm and arrive at Birmingham AL at 21:40pm on 31st march,our POE will Dallas Texas .I am to pay 273,320ksh for 2 adults and 2 kids under 11 which I don't have to pay immediately ,provided that I pay it 2 weeks before the the day of the flight,family 2133 seems like you guys will have the plane expirience before us haha!

We shall have the experience before you because us we are boarding at 5:50pm on 30th, though you will land in your home state before we do because us we shall land at Will Rogers airport Oklahoma at 23:30hrs. Our port of entry will be O'Hare international airport Chicago Illinois.

my bro congrats!!the time to make the shift is juyst around the corner. Let me ask the offer from IOM did not work for you?Was it higher than the deal you got from Qatar? Am curious!

Thank you Pose, I had planned to board from Nairobi with Partitas but my sister who is also my host sabotaged my plans because of the Kids. but IOM Nairobi had far much better deals than Qatar.

safe journey mercies to my sister Partitas and her family as well as Family 2133 as they embark on the last leg of prepping to start their journey on 31st March 2014.May our Creator be with you and help you start a new life.

Amen. Thank you.

forum fellas... hope every1 is doing good and keeping on well. Just wanted to let all you know that I have confirmed lift off: next week Wednesday,the 12th, leaving JKIA at 2340hrs;arriving ATL 1955 the following day. Cost 810 USD...agent;IOM. out..@@@
Hahaha Nairoba, Partitas and I were about to leave you at mama Africa, but its now impossible, we just wish you a safe travel, we are right behind you. We hope that we shall meet at Oklahoma big party as you are already confirmed as the dish washer haahha:D

God is indeed good, I never knew that time would come like this one when people have started bidding farewell. Family2133, Gitta Brian and 4Turya are are boarding the same plane on 30th March. We shall always praise our Lovely God of Israel.

Good afternoon lovely people,I have finalized our booking with IOM online,we leave on sunday 30th march at11:35pm and arrive at Birmingham AL at 21:40pm on 31st march,our POE will Dallas Texas .I am to pay 273,320ksh for 2 adults and 2 kids under 11 which I don't have to pay immediately ,provided that I pay it 2 weeks before the the day of the flight,family 2133 seems like you guys will have the plane expirience before us haha!

nice to know that you are leaving on 31st march,i wish you all the best and hopefully you will share your experience after landing because i will be behind you and using the same route that you will be using

Hey guys,hope y"ll well,would like to share a story here ,four candles slowly burned,the first candle said am peace but the world is full of anger and fighting,nobody can keep me lit,then the flame of peace went out completely.

The second candle said am faith,iam no longer indispensable.it doesnt make sense that i stay lit another moment." just then a soft breez flew faiths flame.

sadly the third candle begun to speak
I am love."
people dont understand my importance so they simply put me aside .They even forgot to love those who are nearest to them,and waiting no longer loves flame went out

Suddenly a child entered the room and saw the 3 unlit candles ,why aren't you burning? you supposed to stay lit till the end ,then he begun to cry.
Then the fourth candle answered don't be afraid am hope
while am still burning we can relight the other candles
With shining eyes the child took the candle of hope and lit the other candles
The greatest of this is love:
but the flame of hope should never go out of your life. Moral of this story is for you guys waiting for your 2nd notifications,kindly keep the flame of hope burning.Have a lovely evening!

Amen and we give him all the glory for this far he has brought us. Am really praying for Doha re-union. By the way am very ready to party Family how about you and your lovely family
God is indeed good, I never knew that time would come like this one when people have started bidding farewell. Family2133, Gitta Brian and 4Turya are are boarding the same plane on 30th March. We shall always praise our Lovely God of Israel.

Doha Re-union

At exactly 4.40pm today, we were already through with our booking reservations here at Rwenzori Courts, Qatar offices in Kampala and God willing we shall be leaving on 30th March at 6PM late in the evening and guess what Family re-union in Doha.......... See you their

Hey DV2014 am seeing real good progress here…am wishing you all the best.

A friend who is a dv 2014 and has his interview scheduled in April has lost his Original Kcse certificate..Please kindly post your advices and experiences of the sort if any.
regards

At exactly 4.40pm today, we were already through with our booking reservations here at Rwenzori Courts, Qatar offices in Kampala and God willing we shall be leaving on 30th March at 6PM late in the evening and guess what Family re-union in Doha.......... See you their

Nice stuff 4Turya...I will just miss you because I will be getting back from Zambia on 31st...safe journey and see you at the party in the states.

hallo folks has any1 called KCC and confirmed the VB for the next bunch of folks expecting their interviews ,where are those folks who used to call the KCC ,i believe that this tym we will have a big jump .To those fellows leaving us and travelling soon i wish you all the best and just know that the journey has just started .Remember GOD loves you be bleesed folks

Todays devotion

2 Samuel 7:22

How great you are, Sovereign Lord! There is no one like you, and there is no God but you, as we have heard with our own ears.

Remember GOD LOVES YOU BE BLESSED

Akelloh...I think we shall get to know by Friday/Saturday...I also hope the jump is a big one.

A friend who is a dv 2014 and has his interview scheduled in April has lost his Original Kcse certificate..Please kindly post your advices and experiences of the sort if any.
regards

Hi Emmah,

I believe someone had a similar problem last year. Tell them to go and apply for another one as soon as possible or your friend will be put on AP until they can prove.
See the thread below

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?548575-Dv-2013-kenyan-selectees-report-here!!!!/page5

I hope this helps.

Hi Emmah

I am in the same boat as your friend I lost all my education certs while relocating to Kenya. This being Kenya some of my belongings disappeared in the hands of the port workers in Mombasa when clearing my shipment. Tell your friend she needs to do the following:
1)Go report at the nearest police station where she lost it and obtain a Police abstract.
2)Go to there former secondary school and obtain a letter confirming her index number, names and they attended the school.
3)Visit a lawyer and swear an affidavit.
4)Download the Kcse cert replacement form and fill it in they will find it in the Knec website(http://www.knec.ac.ke/)
5)Deposit Ksh5800 at the Knec bank accounts listed in the site. Take the deposit slip with the above documents to klnec offices....
I don't know if i have left out something....

NB
It takes 60 working days to replace the cert according to Knec. This means the cert will be ready in about 3 months from the date she submits her petition for a replacement. She can try and go with her Dv 2NL and ask to see the manger at the Knec offices and plead there case as if there life depended on it, hoping they will hear him out and accelerate the process. This being Kenya they might have to bribe their way out. I don't know if this will work but they can ask for a letter from knec stating they have received her inquiry and are processing her replacement cert. Knec can send the confidential results to the embassy with the letter attached. And lastly they will need a lot of prayers that it will work out fine and escape the AP....All the best to your friend.....

regards

Hello, every one. How are you doing? I hope you all okay. Already relocated to Phoenix (now waiting for SSN and GC) . A good place but very different from big cities I used to live (public transportation almost doen't exist) . All people are driving their cars but I like the climat.

Good luck to those who have their interview this coming week, going to medicals, waiting their 2NL or just waiting to be current.

Status
Not open for further replies.