• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can offer just some advice from my experience in Europe. The truth is there is no lightening speed way of getting credit. Credit score(credit report) takes time as its simply your history with lenders etc. What i can tell you is first of all get a permanent address, secondly have the tenancy and bills under you name. Get a job, open a bank account etc as all this things are added together to give an average score that ranks you if you are credit worthy or not. In Europe i started by enrolling in the electoral roll there were no regulations that hindered you from voting...you simply needed an address to register as a voter, which was a bonus for your credit score not sure about US. When i was living with relatives i made sure they added my name to their bills and their joint bank account, this helped me with continuity on my credit report.

Ways to build a credit moderately. Research online for good reputable credit card provider and get one. Use the card to buy little things online and other things eg. your grocery, gas etc. Make sure to repay on time each month if you are not good at remembering put automatic payments through you bank. Never fail to pay on time and never charge more than you can actually afford to pay at the end of the month. Never let the credit card stay idle for so long without use, use it frequently.

Your house bills as well pay them always on time. Do not change house addresses to much you need to look settled. Stay well below your credit limit approaching 70-75% of your credit limit. Get a bank account that offers overdraft facilities, use the overdraft but make sure you repay as soon as, depending on the duration given.

Buy a phone with a provider that will put you on contract rather than pay as you go. I don't know about states but register online with one of the good websites that offer credit report services. In Europe we had experian.co.uk. It was a pay site where you needed to pay something small to keep track of your progress. It was a credit reference agencies .

I hope this will help you, but i am a strong believer of moderate progress. Do not rush it too much that you end up entangling your self in a situation that will leave you wondering why????

All the best in your relocation.......

How can I build my credit very fast?

Guys, I have finalized with the booking. I will be leaving on 30th March with Qatar airways, my port of entry will be Chicago, then I will connect with American airline to Oklahoma - Will Rogers airport. We shall land at 23:40 hours on 31st March.

Family 2133,

nice but I won't be able to see you. I get back on the 31st of March....

I can offer just some advice from my experience in Europe. The truth is there is no lightening speed way of getting credit. Credit score(credit report) takes time as its simply your history with lenders etc. What i can tell you is first of all get a permanent address, secondly have the tenancy and bills under you name. Get a job, open a bank account etc as all this things are added together to give an average score that ranks you if you are credit worthy or not. In Europe i started by enrolling in the electoral roll there were no regulations that hindered you from voting...you simply needed an address to register as a voter, which was a bonus for your credit score not sure about US. When i was living with relatives i made sure they added my name to their bills and their joint bank account, this helped me with continuity on my credit report.

This is an absolute NO! NO! for a non-ctitizen in the US. There are those who have done this (and not necessarily for boosting up credit scores because this in not even applicable in the US) and are being haunted by it now. If you register to vote when not eligible, your citrizenship application will be denied when that time comes.

there were no regulations that hindered you from voting...

I find the above statement highly incredulous! I very much doubt that simply because it's easy for those who are not eligible to vote to register means there are no regulations hindering them from voting! Even Experian that utilizes such information do realize that those not eligible to vote should not be registering and they advice people differently on how to cope with such requirements in the UK:

Because you’re not eligible to vote in UK and EU elections, you can’t register on the electoral roll here. This is a problem because in the UK credit reference agencies like Experian include electoral roll information on credit reports to help banks and lenders check your name and address when you apply for credit.

Anyone interested can read more about the above quote from the following link:

http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/questions/askjames214.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I have finalized with the booking. I will be leaving on 30th March with Qatar airways, my port of entry will be Chicago, then I will connect with American airline to Oklahoma - Will Rogers airport. We shall land at 23:40 hours on 31st March.

Did you made booking on-line or through an agent?

Hello guys,I had my interview on the 27th Feb 2014. How long does it takes a visa to remain on AP and be processed after a successful interview?Because I just checked CEAC site now and found out that it was last updated today and it is on AP.

Hello guys,I had my interview on the 27th Feb 2014. How long does it takes a visa to remain on AP and be processed after a successful interview?Because I just checked CEAC site now and found out that it was last updated today and it is on AP.

Hi Samolaniyi,

I think their is a mix-up...if you say the interview was successful then their shouldn't be a reason to be placed on AP.
According to the DOS Website, "Some visa applications require further administrative processing, which takes additional time after the visa applicant’s interview by a Consular Officer.... Most administrative processing is resolved within 60 days of the visa interview. When administrative processing is required, the timing will vary based on individual circumstances of each case." See link below.
http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/administrative-processing-information.html

Please note that this can even tale more than 6 months depending on the issue under investigation, the country you're from e.t.c.

I hope this helps

Ways to build a credit moderately. Research online for good reputable credit card provider and get one. Use the card to buy little things online and other things eg. your grocery, gas etc. Make sure to repay on time each month if you are not good at remembering put automatic payments through you bank. Never fail to pay on time and never charge more than you can actually afford to pay at the end of the month. Never let the credit card stay idle for so long without use, use it frequently.

Your house bills as well pay them always on time. Do not change house addresses to much you need to look settled. Stay well below your credit limit approaching 70-75% of your credit limit. Get a bank account that offers overdraft facilities, use the overdraft but make sure you repay as soon as, depending on the duration given.

Buy a phone with a provider that will put you on contract rather than pay as you go. I don't know about states but register online with one of the good websites that offer credit report services. In Europe we had experian.co.uk. It was a pay site where you needed to pay something small to keep track of your progress. It was a credit reference agencies .

I hope this will help you, but i am a strong believer of moderate progress. Do not rush it too much that you end up entangling your self in a situation that will leave you wondering why????

All the best in your relocation.......

Utamaduni,

I think the information you're sharing here is rather misleading. Building credit 'very fast' as a new immigrant won't be easy. The article below should be very helpful for all those hope intend to build credit 'very fast'.

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/9-credit-building-tips-for-us-immigrants-1270.php

I hope this helps.

Don't worry Samo, this is a normal case, every time your status changes from Ready > A.P> Issued , don't worry it s a matter of some hours , and congratulation again.

Wow! Congs! Don't forget that i live just a stone throw from Ebb airport; I need to see you off!

Aimanda7, the analysis below responds to your request yesterday
Number issued to Principal applicantsNumber issued to DerivativesTotal Number of visas Issued so farNumber Refused( Doesn't include derivatives)Number still on AP (Includes Derivatives)Number ready (Includes Derivatives)Transfers in progress

Last edited by a moderator:
Aimanda7, the analysis below responds to your request yesterday
Number issued to Principal applicantsNumber issued to DerivativesTotal Number of visas Issued so farNumber Refused( Doesn't include derivatives)Number still on AP (Includes Derivatives)Number ready (Includes Derivatives)Transfers in progress

Could that mean that about a tenth of applicants have been refused? From these figures at least...

That is normal, it means that they are working on your visas, whenever your file is being worked on, it has to indicate administrative processing even if they are printing and sticking the visas in the passports or when they are preparing the yellow envelopes for you. That is the normal trend for a successful interview i.e Ready - Administrative processing - Issued. Smile:)

Wow! Congs! Don't forget that i live just a stone throw from Ebb airport; I need to see you off!

Talk about it, in fact all Uganda winners should see me off because I have done a great job to unite all of you. The day will be a Sunday, check in is between 1pm and 4pm, we shall set off from my home in Mutundwe Kampala at 1pm. But the plane departs at 5:40pm

Did you made booking on-line or through an agent?
I went straight to Qatar airways offices in Ug and we did everything right their, the payments, Ticketing, Hotel accomodation booking in Doha, Sitting arrangement Kampala to Doha and Doha to Chicago etc

Status
Not open for further replies.