• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS MY TESTIMONY/INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE
After 13 years of playing the visa lottery, God finally answered our prayer. This present visa lottery process started in October 2012. I took my time to play for my brother, brother in law that was staying with us, my immediate brother fiancé, our housemaid and sister in law that does not have access to the internet. While playing for them, I was also very busy with work and did not play for myself, spouse and child until the last day 3rd November 2012 after a fierce complaint and nagging by my wife, I finally decide to enter the lottery at about7 hours to the close of the lottery.
On that faithful day, my internet modem was not available, so we had to go to the cyber café close to us around 8pm with my heavily pregnant wife. I had 1 passport each that was not the required specification by size for the three of us, so we took another picture at the café but all had heavy shadows at the background. The photographer tried every means to eliminate the shadow, but all to no avail. (Although the café is not a professional photographic studio, they only run a small passport photograph business). We had to resort to the passports I brought from home and resize to the 2*2 standard specifications.
Meanwhile, we were trying to eliminate shadows on the picture to no avail, my wife left in annoyance because it was really getting late. We also encountered difficulty in resizing the picture because we were not getting a very quality contrast.
In a nutshell, the time for the lottery to close was drawing by, and we had not uploaded any picture. It got to a point that I decided to upload it like that, giving up hope on being selected. Not knowing that at times our ways is not God’s way and he made everything beautiful in his time.
Out of all the entries that I sent, It was only my own that was selected for further processing. “The stone that the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone”.
THE INTERVIEW DAY
We could not sleep throughout the night; we got up by 3:10am, had our morning devotion, prepared the children for the journey and went through our document for the umpteenth time before we set out at 4:55am. We arrived the embassy at 5:20am, met a large crowd at the entrance. At 6:20am we were called at the 1st entrance for security scanning, went through the 2nd and 3rd security for scanning. As I was behind my wife, she was asked to press a button on the machine tag and got a number B404. Immediately we entered the embassy floor, our number flashed at window 22, where I paid N218,000 for 4 people, thereafter, I proceeded to window 20 where my number blinked, and I submitted all my document ( I had gone with a reference letter from my place of work and my offer and confirmation of appointment document, but were not requested for or collected from me.)
We sat down and waited for about 45mins before our number flashed at window 18 for our interview. An elderly American man was at the window to interview us. We stood up, went to the window smiling.
THE INTERVIEW
We: Good morning (smiling)
CO: Good morning (smiling)
CO: Raise up your right hand and swear that what you are going to say is nothing but the truth.
We: We swear blab la bla
CO: Can I do your finger print?
We: Yes, of course (Did our finger print)
CO: Who is Bla bla bla ?
Me: I
CO: Who is blab bla?
WIFE: I
CO: Who is blab la bla?
SON: (3 yrs old) shouted ME! Me! Me!
CO: Laughed and said, okay.
CO: Who is bla blab bla?
Wife: (at this time my 2nd son was fast asleep, my wife showed the CO, who said we should not wake him up.
CO: What is your highest qualification?
Me: Bla bla bla
CO: Which school did you graduate?
Me: Bla blab la
CO: What course?
CO: How old is your two sons?
CO: Any other children apart from these two?
Me: No
CO: Have you travelled out of the country before?
CO: How old is your marriage?
CO: That’s all, Congratulations! Your visa has been approved. He brought out 2 white paper, circle where to collect the visa and explain how to pay USCIS fee.
That’s all o .It’s was God that did it for us. It’s the Lord’s doing and it is marvellous in our eyes.
N:B
Forumite, be calm, you will only be assess on what you filled on your DS and DSP forms. Many people were granted visa, singles, married, even couples without kid(s). All you need to do is to prepare your document well, be honest and above all pray well.
AKNOWLEDGEMENT
To God be the glory, honour, and adoration for the great thing he has done and greater things, he will do. He shares his glory with nobody.
My post is long already, so, I will not be able to mention names of my E-family that contributed to the success of our visa. Every members of this great forum are highly appreciated for their prayers, encouragement, fasting, advice, suggestions and above all, their love.
I pray that everyone that has been granted visa will have a smooth and safe journey to US, those that are current shall have a successful interview in Jesus name, and those that are waiting to be current will be blessed with the spirit of patience, speedy VB and get their 2NL in Jesus name. We on this forum will not be denied in Jesus name. sAmen…… Shalom.

Samolaniyi :
I'm truly happy for you, salute

After 13 years of playing the visa lottery, God finally answered our prayer. This present visa lottery process started in October 2012. I took my time to play for my brother, brother in law that was staying with us, my immediate brother fiancé, our housemaid and sister in law that does not have access to the internet. While playing for them, I was also very busy with work and did not play for myself, spouse and child until the last day 3rd November 2012 after a fierce complaint and nagging by my wife, I finally decide to enter the lottery at about7 hours to the close of the lottery.
On that faithful day, my internet modem was not available, so we had to go to the cyber café close to us around 8pm with my heavily pregnant wife. I had 1 passport each that was not the required specification by size for the three of us, so we took another picture at the café but all had heavy shadows at the background. The photographer tried every means to eliminate the shadow, but all to no avail. (Although the café is not a professional photographic studio, they only run a small passport photograph business). We had to resort to the passports I brought from home and resize to the 2*2 standard specifications.
Meanwhile, we were trying to eliminate shadows on the picture to no avail, my wife left in annoyance because it was really getting late. We also encountered difficulty in resizing the picture because we were not getting a very quality contrast.
In a nutshell, the time for the lottery to close was drawing by, and we had not uploaded any picture. It got to a point that I decided to upload it like that, giving up hope on being selected. Not knowing that at times our ways is not God’s way and he made everything beautiful in his time.
Out of all the entries that I sent, It was only my own that was selected for further processing. “The stone that the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone”.
THE INTERVIEW DAY
We could not sleep throughout the night; we got up by 3:10am, had our morning devotion, prepared the children for the journey and went through our document for the umpteenth time before we set out at 4:55am. We arrived the embassy at 5:20am, met a large crowd at the entrance. At 6:20am we were called at the 1st entrance for security scanning, went through the 2nd and 3rd security for scanning. As I was behind my wife, she was asked to press a button on the machine tag and got a number B404. Immediately we entered the embassy floor, our number flashed at window 22, where I paid N218,000 for 4 people, thereafter, I proceeded to window 20 where my number blinked, and I submitted all my document ( I had gone with a reference letter from my place of work and my offer and confirmation of appointment document, but were not requested for or collected from me.)
We sat down and waited for about 45mins before our number flashed at window 18 for our interview. An elderly American man was at the window to interview us. We stood up, went to the window smiling.
THE INTERVIEW
CO: Raise up your right hand and swear that what you are going to say is nothing but the truth.
Wife: (at this time my 2nd son was fast asleep, my wife showed the CO, who said we should not wake him up.
CO: That’s all, Congratulations! Your visa has been approved. He brought out 2 white paper, circle where to collect the visa and explain how to pay USCIS fee.
That’s all o .It’s was God that did it for us. It’s the Lord’s doing and it is marvellous in our eyes.
Forumite, be calm, you will only be assess on what you filled on your DS and DSP forms. Many people were granted visa, singles, married, even couples without kid(s). All you need to do is to prepare your document well, be honest and above all pray well.
AKNOWLEDGEMENT
To God be the glory, honour, and adoration for the great thing he has done and greater things, he will do. He shares his glory with nobody.
My post is long already, so, I will not be able to mention names of my E-family that contributed to the success of our visa. Every members of this great forum are highly appreciated for their prayers, encouragement, fasting, advice, suggestions and above all, their love.
I pray that everyone that has been granted visa will have a smooth and safe journey to US, those that are current shall have a successful interview in Jesus name, and those that are waiting to be current will be blessed with the spirit of patience, speedy VB and get their 2NL in Jesus name. We on this forum will not be denied in Jesus name. sAmen…… Shalom.

Congs! I loved your quotation 'Out of all the entries that I sent, It was only my own that was selected for further processing. “The stone that the builders rejected has become the chief cornerstone”. Wow! Chief cornerstone indeed! Congs!!!

JOBS
Hallo house…hoping you all had a fantastic weekend....!!

Now if you are good in typing, quick in picking up and can hear exactly some of the various American accents. Then you can try a call center job, some companies pay very well depending on the subject matter you will be handling. Salary can range from (state) minimum wage to even $20 per hour or more. 101% of the companies will give you some sort of training. You will be sat behind a desk reading the script on the screen. If you can handle repeating the same script day in day out then you can consider this kind of a job. Sometimes you will get guys who will curse at you or call you names. Sometimes the stress levels are high...they will usually provide you with a punching/squeezing toy on your desk...to relief your stress. There are three areas you can work i believe....

A) You can do inbound calls- here you receive calls and you are more of customer service personnel. You help out guys who call in to make inquiries on issues with their products/services etc like when you call MTN or Safaricom for help.
B) Out bound calls- Here you are more of like a telemarketer. You will be selling products, advertising something or doing some sort of research from guys. You will still be trained and read some script on the screen. If you are selling something mostly you get a commission. Mostly people will hang up on your call. But you have to earn a living though…..
C) If you are good at typing, and can type so much words in a minute. You can be employed to do customer care on the internet by chatting to guys online who visit your site for inquiry or may be even reply to email inquiries.

But all this different positions come with some sort of daily/hourly targets…eg number of calls per day or something like that…..If you might be interested you can do some searches on the internet for states/county/cities you plan to live in and the average salaries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome News mate...We thank God for your success. We celebrate you and your family's victory...I wish you a quick and successful relocation...

THE INTERVIEW DAY
THE INTERVIEW
AKNOWLEDGEMENT

What about international DL /local DL for those that have? In some states I hear that buys one time.Like 3 months.
Pose man, I was told by my host not to bother my self with Driving licence. The good thing I can drive even though I do not have the official Driving permit.

Does the party include winners and derivative beneficiaries...as you may want to know the total number of guys coming. Hahaha Nairobba you want to do the dishes...that's kind of you but may be Family2133 kitchen will be equipped with a dish washer.....as he has a big family already
Good question Utamaduni. The Party is for the Principal applicants only or a delivative who has been active here on the forum. We shall make sure that it is scheduled after we have confirmed that all the confirmed members here have got their interviews and they have relocated. Confirmed members please please in box me your US contact numbers or e-mail addresses so that we can keep in touch.

hi Family

you should not be worried for shaving issue, u know i am from India and in India i used to pay 20 rupees to shave, here if i do it outside i have to pay 400 shillings, so i have started to do shaving at home my self, i didnt know how to do it but time is best teacher my brother, u will learnt it soon, just give it a try, all the best for your relocation, will meet you there InshAllah
Thanks Mushy, I think the best option is shaving my self as the wife also learns to do it with time. The beauty with doing it at home is that I can also shave my two boys. Wonderful.

Guys, I have finalized with the booking. I will be leaving on 30th March with Qatar airways, my port of entry will be Chicago, then I will connect with American airline to Oklahoma - Will Rogers airport. We shall land at 23:40 hours on 31st March.

Guys, I have finalized with the booking. I will be leaving on 30th March with Qatar airways, my port of entry will be Chicago, then I will connect with American airline to Oklahoma - Will Rogers airport. We shall land at 23:40 hours on 31st March.

All the best Family,have nice JOURNEY and don't forget us

from where will u take off??? Nairobi or Kampala???

How can I build my credit very fast?

How to build up your credit very fast?

With "very fast" being the operative words here, you will need to get a hefty mortgage and/or car loan(s) in order to do that. But then, no bank will give you either of those loans with no prior or good credit report. A catch 20/20 :rolleyes:

Building up a good credit report is a gradual process especially for an immigrant. You can start by getting a secure credit card from your bank or a couple of store credit cards. If you're going to use credit cards, ensure you pay off everything at the end of each month, don't pay the minimum requirement or carry a balance on the card. Also, don't max out the cards thinking this will look good on your credit report, even if you plan on paying off everything at the end of the month. What's typically reported to the credit bureaus, and calculated into your scores, are the balances reported on your last statements.

Status
Not open for further replies.