• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Children's photo issue

The picture in my daughter’s passport(taken many months ago before being selected) is now different from her current real look! She got her passport when she was around 4 months and now she is 2 years and anybody can deny it belongs to her if they compare the owner to her photo because it was taken many months ago and I don't see any similarity.

so,What shall I do my mates? Won’t it jeopardize my case on the interview day expected in May or at the POE?

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys just a slight update which was unintended!I have had my yellow fever shot already!Had to take it mandatory when going to Dar es salaam at the border!Infact if any of you plan on going to our neighbor's borders, please have the shot in advance and store the immunization book safely, which you will present at the embassy as proof you had the shot already and save you some hefty thousands of shillings!!Thanks!

Hey people,
Is yellow fever vaccine mandatory for DV applicants? I don't seem to see it among the required vaccinations; or does it present itself with a different name? Please let me know.
Thanks.

I agree with you breakthrough 110%. It depends on you and your desire, but a major part of the kind of jobs you will do will be influenced by your host or the person who picks you up from the airport. In Europe i saw many new immigrants going for jobs the host or fellow country men did...for example there is this kenyan guy who went to London as a student... his host and fellow Kenyan guys used to wash cars in East london...he was told this is what immigrants do over here...after two or so years his thinking light bulb went on. He knew he could do better than that job. The only way he succeeded was by changing cities and finding new friends who had a different mentality, Sorry to say this but sometimes you need to find people who think outside the box...remember some people are out off status as breakthrough says, the only work experiences on their CV's are the ones undocumented guys go for eg cleaning toilets etc (they are not bad as stater but have a clear goal where you want to go). So as a new comer listen to every advice but its up to you to choose and curve out your future.

Before i went to Europe i used to look for sewage jobs etc online as i thought they would had been faster to be employed. Little did i know when i got there that even to work in the sewage department you needed a licence. My galfriend then (now my wife) had lived there for over 8 years before. She would encourage me to think big and outside the box. She would repeat many times that I use my skills to find a job....and that is what i did. My first job was as a seam stress for an Italian designer and she paid very well than the cleaning etc Jobs. So guys listen to the advice your host and friends will give you but your future is in your hands... do not limit yourself to employment start your own business. If you are an IT expert for example and you can repair computers. Start your own business. You will find first world countries are good for business due to credit cards and online payment. Secondly you do not need an office just do it in your house/bedroom. Use Ebay as your office buy dead computers/laptops...dismantle and auction the parts on Ebay and make your dollars. Or just have people send you their laptops to your house repair and send them back to the owner via through Ebay etc. For instance my laptop had an issue i took it to an IT guy just to diagnose what was wrong I had to part with 35 pounds (this was less than 5 minutes job for him ) same as someone working as cleaner for 6 hours at minimum wage of 6 pounds an hour.

America is vast unlike European countries but internet connects you to your clients so think about it and embrace its power. Like now we have a dv 2014 e-family coz of the same internet. If you are a good writer and passionate about a certain hobby you can create your own website even though you do not know how to build one. Spare a few minutes everyday to work on your site and your own Search engine optimization(so that you rank well on google search results) and make a few dollars daily like my wife....she used to get between 100 to 250 visitors a day on her travel site about Kenya.

My Dear let me start by saying with God by your side u can be what you wanna be and it all begins with u; whats ur desire and what is ur goal and for that what are you doing to get there. if u believe u can only wash toilets...and im not saying its bad to do so, thats what you will be. Its you to decide and stop listening to pple plan and laugh at you...Its God who plans our lives.

That said and done...i have had the privilage and thank God that i got my degree in the USA and after graduation i did work and in an office setting. i said to mysely i will not wash nannies or clean toilets and i didnt do it and after my work permit was over i came back coz i didnt want to be out of status like many others and said i will go back someday and if all goes well i will.

About jobs kenyans do all kinds of jobs just like hear...hotels, store jobs like cashiers, industries, nursing homes and assisted living, IT jobs and Engineers and many are in the medical field. what i have noted is that finishing a degree there and being a proffesional in the right career helps..and offcourse u have to start somewhere but with hope n trust in God pple get there...i Know personally pple who do good n prosper even close relatives and so i know its possible. I have also noted careers in medical fields do good....some pple have even gotten certs fro like 6 months or attended the career colleges and end up in fields like medical coding and all..You can serach the healthcare professions and if u check e.g masters in healthcare administration or other....are rated one of the best courses for jobs in USA..But at the end of the day the choice is yours and what u aspire to be and what mission statement u have for your life.

Regards n God bless

Thanks for the word mate.....

allo folks the waitin for the backbenchers and those who are waitiung for their 2nl is really taking a toll on some of us but i believe what God has promised us will eventually take place cz Gods tym mis the best tym ,succeess to my mate who had success with his interview ,really guys if God is for us who can be against our success may God bless every1 here .the thread is nowadys coolong off but i know folks are busy preparing mentally and finally for the coming months i wish all success.i believe GOD HAS PROMISED EACH ONE OF US A CHANCE WITH THE CO so we need to trust in him.Remember God loves you be blessed folks

Todays devotion

Numbers 11:21-23

But Moses said, “Here I am among six hundred thousand men on foot, and you say, ‘I will give them meat to eat for a whole month!’ Would they have enough if flocks and herds were slaughtered for them? Would they have enough if all the fish in the sea were caught for them?”
The Lord answered Moses, “Is the Lord’s arm too short? Now you will see whether or not what I say will come true for you.”

Remember GOD loves you and success is on your way

The picture in my daughter’s passport(taken many months ago before being selected) is now different from her current real look! She got her passport when she was around 4 months and now she is 2 years and anybody can deny it belongs to her if they compare the owner to her photo because it was taken many months ago and I don't see any similarity.

so,What shall I do my mates? Won’t it jeopardize my case on the interview day expected in May or at the POE?

aimanda7,
If this will help save you the stress, my son's passport was made when he was only 6weeks old because I needed to travel with him. At the time of the DV interview however, he was almost 3years, but the picture was no issue.

Just relax and know that all will go well, once you have all the required documents.

Congrats and May the lord order your steps as you prepare for departure and when you finally settle across the Atlantic. All the best in the future...

Hey friends i had a successful interview yesterday.God made that.

lehw from Ethiopia.

Thx a lot Roselyna, I like testimonies like yours, May GOd guide you and I wish you nice relocation. thx indeed
aimanda7,
If this will help save you the stress, my son's passport was made when he was only 6weeks old because I needed to travel with him. At the time of the DV interview however, he was almost 3years, but the picture was no issue.

Just relax and know that all will go well, once you have all the required documents.

Aimanda, the photo has no problem, they are also humans they know that babies keep on growing and the appearance changes a lot. Actually it was the same case with my younger kid.

I am glad from my experience you could learn something....the truth is it is not a must you get a 9 to 5 job...for me i thought a sewage job would pay better as no one would want it any way..... hence no need for work experience ...to be employed

hehe utamaduni this one of yours was quite funny sewage jobs??? is good that u can now thing outside the box once u land in the states,otherwise from ur experience u have shared i have learnt alot

Hope your still holding on well. I have been trying to first finish sorting out a few things here and their but as i speak, i have already accomplished some and am looking forward to leave within this March
@4turya...how come you are still around?

For those of us who have high case numbers,let us remember Philippians 1.6 "being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ".

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey NAIROBBA, am sorry for your loss. as people at ti,es we might fail to understand God and His ways, but bottom line is He loves you, and He loved her too. Loosing a kid sister aint easy, the thought alone is plain scary, But God can and will carry you in His wings, and He will offer you comfort that no one else can. Again, my heart goes out to you, and your family. God bless you.

Hey backbenchers.... they said that this is the WAITING game, yeah, and its taking its toll on some of us. Decided to cool off a bit on the DV issue, but the times are flying. Sep will be here sooner than you know, and hopefully with God, all of us will be having our visas, ready to go to FAMILY's get together, that will be great. Otherwise keep the hope.

Hey Nairobba,

Hang in there is all i can say and keep sharing.

I've been reading your posts, and am so greatful for all your support, all of you. I'm just clinging on to your messages; they are my lifeline now; knowing that God hears us in this special temple of worship we've created for each other; and that He'll give me and mines the support that only He can offer for us to get through.
I want to request something of all you though: For all you with full houses; who have your immediate siblings and both parents still alive, please be thankful to God EVERY single day you are together. NEVER, and I repeat NEVER, take anyone of your siblings for granted. Or if you feel entitled and that you deserve to have them with you, please tell me what you did to God, at least I try it maybe He'll bring her back. What am going through, I wouldn't wish it even upon my worst enemy. Please pray to God that you may be there for each other for a long while. This pain you can't bear it, unless you have the psychological/emotional strength of a whole army or something like that

very insightful piece right there breakthrough..

Hello Nairobba, yeah here you got to start somewhere...somewhere at the entry level (low paying jobs) but you can go get some certification or do a master degree and then you can apply, qualify and get a well paying job...God's mercies pal...Hope to hear from you...

I've been reading your posts, and am so greatful for all your support, all of you. I'm just clinging on to your messages; they are my lifeline now; knowing that God hears us in this special temple of worship we've created for each other; and that He'll give me and mines the support that only He can offer for us to get through.
I want to request something of all you though: For all you with full houses; who have your immediate siblings and both parents still alive, please be thankful to God EVERY single day you are together. NEVER, and I repeat NEVER, take anyone of your siblings for granted. Or if you feel entitled and that you deserve to have them with you, please tell me what you did to God, at least I try it maybe He'll bring her back. What am going through, I wouldn't wish it even upon my worst enemy. Please pray to God that you may be there for each other for a long while. This pain you can't bear it, unless you have the psychological/emotional strength of a whole army or something like that

Hello, very sorry for your loss...been away for a month or so but now I'm back...here in the land of opportunities...it's hustle, hustle and hustle some more...very sorry again...God's mercies as you forge ahead...

Hello fellow forumites, been away for awhile, sorry for my absence. I really thank the almighty God for the good progress being witnessed (the successes) and do send my heartfelt condolences to our brother Nairroba. Just wish to share that since most of us do have US education we should be prepared to take entry level and manual jobs before we settle down and get US certificates...so it's very important that we prepare ourselves psychological to start low and further our education or seek short-term medical certifications...otherwise God's mercies y'll as you proceed with the journey.

2014AF00015xxx
1st NL: 20th May
Sent forms: 25th May
Confirmation of receipt by KCC: 10th June
Police clearance: 13th Sept
Medicals: 19th and 20th Nov, successful.
Visa interview: Thanks to GOD, granted.
Visa pick-up: DHL HQ Lusaka Rd on 16th Dec
POE: Denver, CO on the 17th of Dec
SSN: 24th Dec
GC: 3rd Feb

Praise be to the Almighty God for his mercies endure forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.