• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
hallo folks any interviews that are comin in the next few days would like to know who will be the 1st one this month to face the CO ,,i wish tem succees,may the lord guide them in their preparation always remember that God loves you be blessed folks

Todays devotion

Psalm 9:10
Those who know your name trust in you,
for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.

YoUR success is on your way

Remember GOD loves you be blessed folks

hey guys... i noticed somebody saying something about CEAC what is it exactly?? can somebody enlight me plz??

I've been reading your posts, and am so greatful for all your support, all of you. I'm just clinging on to your messages; they are my lifeline now; knowing that God hears us in this special temple of worship we've created for each other; and that He'll give me and mines the support that only He can offer for us to get through.
I want to request something of all you though: For all you with full houses; who have your immediate siblings and both parents still alive, please be thankful to God EVERY single day you are together. NEVER, and I repeat NEVER, take anyone of your siblings for granted. Or if you feel entitled and that you deserve to have them with you, please tell me what you did to God, at least I try it maybe He'll bring her back. What am going through, I wouldn't wish it even upon my worst enemy. Please pray to God that you may be there for each other for a long while. This pain you can't bear it, unless you have the psychological/emotional strength of a whole army or something like that

Pole sana my friend
I've been reading your posts, and am so greatful for all your support, all of you. I'm just clinging on to your messages; they are my lifeline now; knowing that God hears us in this special temple of worship we've created for each other; and that He'll give me and mines the support that only He can offer for us to get through.
I want to request something of all you though: For all you with full houses; who have your immediate siblings and both parents still alive, please be thankful to God EVERY single day you are together. NEVER, and I repeat NEVER, take anyone of your siblings for granted. Or if you feel entitled and that you deserve to have them with you, please tell me what you did to God, at least I try it maybe He'll bring her back. What am going through, I wouldn't wish it even upon my worst enemy. Please pray to God that you may be there for each other for a long while. This pain you can't bear it, unless you have the psychological/emotional strength of a whole army or something like that

I mean the one in blue

Family2133,

you can go to Workers house or any NSSF office and they will make you a card. This takes about 10 minutes. If you lost it then you will need to go with a police letter. I am not sure they can send it to you.

ladies and gentlemen i have a question . Is there anyone who knows the kind of jobs africans like me and u go to do in america? this is because those who have been there never easily open up and say like ' i wash toilets, am a security guard, am ananny etc' my friends are actually making a laughing stock out of me telling me with all my education i can only be a morgue attendant or take care of old mamas..... funny indeed give it a thought

My Dear let me start by saying with God by your side u can be what you wanna be and it all begins with u; whats ur desire and what is ur goal and for that what are you doing to get there. if u believe u can only wash toilets...and im not saying its bad to do so, thats what you will be. Its you to decide and stop listening to pple plan and laugh at you...Its God who plans our lives.

That said and done...i have had the privilage and thank God that i got my degree in the USA and after graduation i did work and in an office setting. i said to mysely i will not wash nannies or clean toilets and i didnt do it and after my work permit was over i came back coz i didnt want to be out of status like many others and said i will go back someday and if all goes well i will.

About jobs kenyans do all kinds of jobs just like hear...hotels, store jobs like cashiers, industries, nursing homes and assisted living, IT jobs and Engineers and many are in the medical field. what i have noted is that finishing a degree there and being a proffesional in the right career helps..and offcourse u have to start somewhere but with hope n trust in God pple get there...i Know personally pple who do good n prosper even close relatives and so i know its possible. I have also noted careers in medical fields do good....some pple have even gotten certs fro like 6 months or attended the career colleges and end up in fields like medical coding and all..You can serach the healthcare professions and if u check e.g masters in healthcare administration or other....are rated one of the best courses for jobs in USA..But at the end of the day the choice is yours and what u aspire to be and what mission statement u have for your life.

Regards n God bless

ladies and gentlemen i have a question . Is there anyone who knows the kind of jobs africans like me and u go to do in america? this is because those who have been there never easily open up and say like ' i wash toilets, am a security guard, am ananny etc' my friends are actually making a laughing stock out of me telling me with all my education i can only be a morgue attendant or take care of old mamas..... funny indeed give it a thought

My Dear let me start by saying with God by your side u can be what you wanna be and it all begins with u; whats ur desire and what is ur goal and for that what are you doing to get there. if u believe u can only wash toilets...and im not saying its bad to do so, thats what you will be. Its you to decide and stop listening to pple plan and laugh at you...Its God who plans our lives.

That said and done...i have had the privilage and thank God that i got my degree in the USA and after graduation i did work and in an office setting. i said to mysely i will not wash nannies or clean toilets and i didnt do it and after my work permit was over i came back coz i didnt want to be out of status like many others and said i will go back someday and if all goes well i will.

About jobs kenyans do all kinds of jobs just like hear...hotels, store jobs like cashiers, industries, nursing homes and assisted living, IT jobs and Engineers and many are in the medical field. what i have noted is that finishing a degree there and being a proffesional in the right career helps..and offcourse u have to start somewhere but with hope n trust in God pple get there...i Know personally pple who do good n prosper even close relatives and so i know its possible. I have also noted careers in medical fields do good....some pple have even gotten certs fro like 6 months or attended the career colleges and end up in fields like medical coding and all..You can serach the healthcare professions and if u check e.g masters in healthcare administration or other....are rated one of the best courses for jobs in USA..But at the end of the day the choice is yours and what u aspire to be and what mission statement u have for your life.

Regards n God bless

Sorry for that nasty experience. Further investigations are inevitable in case they find some thing that is not normal with your lungs however small it may be. This case has ever happened to one of us here at the forum in DV 2013(Read Catchme on 2013 thread), her husband was found to be having a scar on the lungs and he had to under go further investigations for 8 weeks, but the interview date was nigh so they had to reschedule, unfortunately, the fiscal year ended before they secured another interview date even though the results came out negative after the 8 weeks.
That is why I advice you to contact your embassy to let you attend the interview without the medical report at least they will put you on A.P as they wait for your medical report, but if you consider rescheduling, you may never get another interview date through out the fiscal year.
General advice goes to all the mates who have not yet done their medicals, schedule your medical screening at least a month before your scheduled interview date so as to cater for such eventualities. Do not take a risk of having your medicals a week before the interview unless if you went some where and they checked you, but its also not good for you to subject your self to x-rays so often as they have adverse side effects on your life.
Let us all pray for our friend to over come this problem.

You got my story right. Been away like forever.

@aleki I am also following keenly about jobs et al. am t saying am ready to do anything, but not everything. it depends i guess with one's tolerance and situation i believe. For instance i know some jobs I cannot do like morgue attendant unless its outside and far from where the bodies are, because i know i would have nightmares everyday if i worked inside.suffice to say i can work in most environments but not ALL!

@Breakthrough thanks for giving us your experience while there and you have shown us it is possible to get menial jobs to begin with and can be even just in office setting.

hey guys just a slight update which was unintended!I have had my yellow fever shot already!Had to take it mandatory when going to Dar es salaam at the border!Infact if any of you plan on going to our neighbor's borders, please have the shot in advance and store the immunization book safely, which you will present at the embassy as proof you had the shot already and save you some hefty thousands of shillings!!Thanks!

allo folks the waitin for the backbenchers and those who are waitiung for their 2nl is really taking a toll on some of us but i believe what God has promised us will eventually take place cz Gods tym mis the best tym ,succeess to my mate who had success with his interview ,really guys if God is for us who can be against our success may God bless every1 here .the thread is nowadys coolong off but i know folks are busy preparing mentally and finally for the coming months i wish all success.i believe GOD HAS PROMISED EACH ONE OF US A CHANCE WITH THE CO so we need to trust in him.Remember God loves you be blessed folks

Todays devotion

Numbers 11:21-23

But Moses said, “Here I am among six hundred thousand men on foot, and you say, ‘I will give them meat to eat for a whole month!’ Would they have enough if flocks and herds were slaughtered for them? Would they have enough if all the fish in the sea were caught for them?”
The Lord answered Moses, “Is the Lord’s arm too short? Now you will see whether or not what I say will come true for you.”

Remember GOD loves you and success is on your way

Regards n God bless

very insightful piece right there breakthrough..

Status
Not open for further replies.