• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our daily Monday prayer
Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought us in safety to this new day: Preserve us with your mighty power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all we do, direct us to the fulfilling of your purpose; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Be blessed and remember God loves you! AMEN

Akelloh, thanks for what you do. Amina!

congrats to carlkim and all the best to all those expecting their 2NL may you be blessed in your preparartion

@Ormania

thanks for ur input. i said i stand corrected as i also was not sure. iv checked and this is the updated info i have found

Thanks,

but this is what they say in their medical instructions page concerning the fees -:

again borrowed from 2011 dv thread. dv 2011 thread is actually very informative!
"Sufficient funds for medical and vaccination fee. The cost of the initial medicals assessment will be USD 138 for adults while a child (below 15 Yrs) is USD 105. In addition to the above flat fee, the additional charges for vaccination will depend on what the panel physician will determine i.e. given your age, sex, medical history, current medical condition, previous vaccinations and etc. It ranges between USD112 to USD294." I take it to mean that $112 is the highest a child can pay and $294 is the highest an adult can pay which means a total of $700 for us multiply this by lets say 85/= as exchange rate that gives you kshs. 59,500/=. The 82k they are talking about is still too high.

Awesome news olelenku. Glad to hear you touched down safely. For the cold double the number of clothings and beddings of what you were used to here. I give Glory to God. I wish you all the best in the future and as you acquire the american accent!!! Lol and don't forget to update us about the American hustle too. cheers pal

hi guys,
I arrived safely…at Kansas city now..snowing..and cold..@nairobba..where u at bro?Godia..got my mail?we need to talk..

olelenku good to hear you arrived safely, tell us which state you are in and anything else you can once you settle abit. Good luck and success in all you do!

Hi forum family,indeed this is a house of winners am happy to say that with Gods help i was granted a visa yesterday and my day went like this,
I arrived at the embassy 6.00 am,gate opened at around 6.15 am,the security checks begun with me giving out my passport and the appointment letter,from there i went to the second security check up again ,here u leave your phones and the CD that u are given at the medicals ,from there i proceeded to the next place whereby its a waiting area ,but before i sat down,i went at the reception and a black lady gave me a ticket number C411 after giving her my appointment letter,this ticket number is the one that i was to use throughout.
I went and sat outside together with another lovely couple from kericho,apparently we had met at the medicals and our interviews were the same day,after 20 min my number was called to counter no 3 where a black lady asked me for my birth cert,kcse cert and police clearance form,then asked me if i have been married before,had any kids,committed any crime before,answered no to all,then she directed me to pay visa fees at the cashier which was ksh 29700 then later took the receipt back to her,after that i went outside to the waiting bay ,20 minutes later my number was called to counter no 8 this time for fingerprints and here met this lovely chinese lady who spoke to me in my mother-tongue the entire period i was taking the fingerprints,then she told me to go outside and now wait for my final call,after like 20 min am approximating time here cause i had no watch,all of a sudden i heard my name to go no counter no 6,i couldn't believe it n with no time i started shaking for no apparent reason,anyway i composed myself and went to counter 6,here i met a white lady
CO:good morning ma'am
Me:morning madam
CO:raise your right hand and swear that u will tell the truth
ME:i swear,
CO:after high school what did u do
ME:i joined college
CO:what did u study
ME:ABC.............
CO:are u married and do u have any kids
ME:no
CO:if i give u this visa,where are you going to America
ME:Dallas,TX
CO:congratulations and welcome to America
ME:thank yooooou ,was too excited until she told me i know now u cant really get what am saying since u happy
she went ahead to explain about the green sheet and the white paper that has details for USCIS,i went outside full of joy,and waited for the couple to also do theirs ,within no time they also came outside with a green sheet of paper and we were very happy and gave all glory to God.
for those guys waiting for the 2nd notification,patient is the key word here,for those going for the medicals and your interviews all the best ,God is going to see u through the process,and for us planning to relocate,this is the most hardest part but i trust in God everything will be okay.
have a lovely day guys.

Hi forum family,indeed this is a house of winners am happy to say that with Gods help i was granted a visa yesterday and my day went like this,
I arrived at the embassy 6.00 am,gate opened at around 6.15 am,the security checks begun with me giving out my passport and the appointment letter,from there i went to the second security check up again ,here u leave your phones and the CD that u are given at the medicals ,from there i proceeded to the next place whereby its a waiting area ,but before i sat down,i went at the reception and a black lady gave me a ticket number C411 after giving her my appointment letter,this ticket number is the one that i was to use throughout.
I went and sat outside together with another lovely couple from kericho,apparently we had met at the medicals and our interviews were the same day,after 20 min my number was called to counter no 3 where a black lady asked me for my birth cert,kcse cert and police clearance form,then asked me if i have been married before,had any kids,committed any crime before,answered no to all,then she directed me to pay visa fees at the cashier which was ksh 29700 then later took the receipt back to her,after that i went outside to the waiting bay ,20 minutes later my number was called to counter no 8 this time for fingerprints and here met this lovely chinese lady who spoke to me in my mother-tongue the entire period i was taking the fingerprints,then she told me to go outside and now wait for my final call,after like 20 min am approximating time here cause i had no watch,all of a sudden i heard my name to go no counter no 6,i couldn't believe it n with no time i started shaking for no apparent reason,anyway i composed myself and went to counter 6,here i met a white lady
ME:thank yooooou ,was too excited until she told me i know now u cant really get what am saying since u happy
she went ahead to explain about the green sheet and the white paper that has details for USCIS,i went outside full of joy,and waited for the couple to also do theirs ,within no time they also came outside with a green sheet of paper and we were very happy and gave all glory to God.
for those guys waiting for the 2nd notification,patient is the key word here,for those going for the medicals and your interviews all the best ,God is going to see u through the process,and for us planning to relocate,this is the most hardest part but i trust in God everything will be okay.
have a lovely day guys.
Thanks for sharing and encouraging the rest of us backbenchers...all the best with the next stage of the preps.

have a lovely day guys.

Congratulation! that was an easy one. All the best.

have a lovely day guys.

congrats Resian!!!wow best news to begin the feb interviews for us here. kudos!!!now what next, have you started researching through iom best flight deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.