• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this informative and valuable info, kindly continue keeping us updated with the progress....cheers

E-family hope you are all doing great happy to see that the visas are coming in plenty and I believe by the end of the FY2014 everyone on board will get a chance to face the CO and get the visas pronto. I applied for my State ID online just scanned the visa, ssn and the photo and paid the $20 so its gonna be delivered in a weeks time. Family glad ya doing fine hope the embassy works on your case chap chap! Akelloh keep up the daily inspiration and quotes from the Bible it sure motivates to read the verses and may the good Lord continue to bless you...have heard the the bulletin is out Africa 30K Naijaland is 11500K if am not wrong, so guys patience is the code...God will surely give each and every member of the forum a chance so worry not and look upon the Lord....signing out wanna sleep.

Cheers Britsimon!!!! Thank you so much for your selfless contributions to this forum and other threads....I have learnt a lot from your expertise in this field. I was in the same boat as many others, I thought the 140k selectees were all principal applicants...Its good you have shed the light in the matter..woow...so we are like half the initial figure. Keep up the good work from your CN seems you will might be current in the next VB....all the best with the 2nd NL...cheers!!!

Cristabel - all of what you are talking about has been described many, many times - and isn't theoretical it is fact.

1. There are 140k selectees including family.
2. Roughly speaking there are an average of one family member for every selectee (so only around 70k principals globally).
3. Yes only the pricipal gets the case number.
4. The case numbers are within each region - so AF and EU might both have a case number 100.
5. The reason that case numbers go so high is because there are holes in the cases - these holes are created from cases that were disqualified before any of us were notified.
6. AF region has 62000 selectees (including family) spread over around 120k case numbers - so approximately 32k real cases and 90k holes.

hi guys,
I arrived safely…at Kansas city now..snowing..and cold..@nairobba..where u at bro?Godia..got my mail?we need to talk..

Ok I get it...you friend must have sent his/her forms rather late...KCC processes theses forms as they come in. So if you send your forms late, they get processed late...so if you have a CN of say 100 and you send your forms today you will only get a 2NL once the forms have been received and processed.

she sent forms in May, even i sent mine in June with 99k, and she with only 45 CN she sent forms in May and getting interview in Feb, quite interesting

Well one of the reasons is that Ethiopia has had its cutoff rather close to that of the rest of Africa. The number of applicants from that part of the region is rather high. Also Ghana contributes high number of applicants as well. But again we should eventually become current by August and/or September. I am optimistic

well JONGE, if VB is moving slowly or fast, you will definitely get your interview and that too before September, only problem is with CN more then 90k

she sent forms in May, even i sent mine in June with 99k, and she with only 45 CN she sent forms in May and getting interview in Feb, quite interesting

May be the applicant committed an error in the form she sent to kcc and later sent a mail for correction when his form was about to be processed hence caused the delay in getting current on time.The number of time you send for correction in form determines the time you will get interview date.

I believed this the reason why he is having his interview in February.

Our daily Monday prayer
Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought us in safety to this new day: Preserve us with your mighty power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all we do, direct us to the fulfilling of your purpose; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Be blessed and remember God loves you! AMEN

Thanks Nickelly for the information. I am trying to put together a budget for the initial part of the process.

Hey @Jonge did you ever come up with an initial budger for the initial part of this process. so far my take is

$330 INTERVIEW DAY
$340 MEDICALS
$165 UCIS

TOTAL $835

total is $835 for an adult individual so if you are more than one person plus a child the cost increases!I stand corrected.for some people were saying $294 for medicals so am not sure what makes it differ

Hey @Jonge did you ever come up with an initial budger for the initial part of this process. so far my take is

$330 INTERVIEW DAY
$340 MEDICALS
$165 UCIS

TOTAL $835

total is $835 for an adult individual so if you are more than one person plus a child the cost increases!I stand corrected.for some people were saying $294 for medicals so am not sure what makes it differ

pose, that medical quote is it from IOM? here in our place the overall medical cost is around 1,200 Birr ($63). Is that your number not exaggerated?

hey guys,i have borrowed more information about medicals, it might be abit backdated(2011 dv lottery ) but helpful albeit.

Quote Originally Posted by njugunuts View Post
Hi family,

Called KCC yesterday about sending me the 2nd NL on soft copy. They insisted that they will only send it at least one month after dispatch. Since it was sent on 22nd November, I'm supposed to call if it isn't here by 22nd December. At least they confirmed my interview date. In light of the new embassy rules of interviewing the day after document submission, I'm considering taking my documents on the day before my interview at 12 so that I get interviewed as per my KCC letter.

Anyway, after I was done with KCC, I called IOM on the chance that they would agree to schedule my medicals without the 2nd NL and they had no problem, they gave me a 7.30 appointment. Now, for all those doing their medicals in Nairobi, take note that the IOM at which the medicals are done is the one on 4th Ngong Avenue, a blue gate just after AAR. This is because when I called to make an appointment, they didn't tell me which IOM this was and so I went to Nairobi Hospital.... To be continued.....
Sorry about that, the reason I had to continue later is that I was posting this at IOM but had to take a break to go do the medical itself. As I had said, I showed up at IOM 4th Ngong Avenue, just after AAR at 7.50am (I think most appointments are around this time and the earlier you go the sooner you leave the place). At the gate, the security guys make sure you are on the list for the day. You then take a seat in the reception area and hand in your passport. The ladies there make a copy of it, then send you for a counseling session where some guy lets you know what tests they'll carry out,how long they will take etc. They check mainly for Syphilis, TB and Hepatitis B though they also do other baseline tests e.g blood sugar. After the counseling session you go pick up your passport and copy, and go the lab where they take an instant photo of you, sign the medical exam forms, hand in 1 passport photo and then proceed for bleeding. You then go and pay for the medical exam.

The exam itself costs 138 USD so depending on the exchange rate for the month which they set, you pay the equivalent in Ksh. The exchange rate for December is 80.3 so I paid Ksh. 11,081. You can pay in dollars if you want but it attracts a 5 USD surcharge since all their accounts are in Ksh.

You then enter an IOM van and are ferried to Nairobi Hospital IOM where you hand in your forms, are X-Rayed (ladies, wear pants not dresses or you will have to completely disrobe and wear the open-back hospital gowns) and then ferried back to 4th Ngong. Once you are back, you then proceed for the physical where a nurse checks your height, weight, vision, blood pressure and pulse. You hand in the 2nd passport photo here. You are then sent to the doctor's where he/she asks about your past medical, surgical and hospitalization history. You are then sent to strip down to your underwear. She checks your ears,teeth and asks you to breath in and out deeply as she listens to your breath and heart sounds. From here I guess its gender specific: because she will feel your breasts, both male and female, and general look and touch at the rest of your body as you lie down, straight to the toes (she doesn't look at sehemu nyeti , just asks if everything is OK there). Females, she will check the back of your legs for varicose veins as you face the wall, and for everyone she will check to see if your spine is straight.

After the exam she fills in the required immunizations which will vary depending on whether you are pregnant (females), having had chickenpox in the past and your age. Kids get quite a number of shots so for those with young ones (below 12), remember to carry their immunization cards to avoid traumatizing the kids with unnecessary shots coz without the cards, they will have to be repeated. I got three shots: Dultavax (32 USD), MMR (26 USD)and Varicella (54 USD and quite painful!). The pregnant ones don't get the first one and the ones who have had chicken pox don't get the last one. You can therefore calculate approximately how much you need by multiplying by the ones you're likely to need by 80.3. You then go and pay for the vaccinations and receive them. I was done with this by 1.30pm.

After that you are sent home to go and wait for the results. IF there is a problem, they call you the next day so you can come and see the doctor and discuss treatment options etc. and the way forward. IF you don't get any call in the morning, you are fine. I couldn't be able to go the next day to pick up my results so I begged and pleaded for an expedite so I left with my results at 5.10pm (quite a long wait, had to wait for the doctor to finish seeing everyone so she could sign my report). I was given a big envelope with my X-Ray (don't carry this to the interview, but carry it in your hand luggage when emigrating), Vaccination card copy (make a copy of this, carry to the embassy in case they need it, carry in hand luggage and keep safe coz in the States, it'll determine health insurance premiums) and a SEALED medical report (don't attempt to unseal unless you want to pay another 138 USD). They then bid you goodbye and all the best in your interview!

That was my day. Met a few people who were doing their medicals for DV, most seemed to be family sponsored migrants. One guy was doing his medicals for an interview next week on Tuesday, and I thought that was too close. I suggest you do your medicals as soon as possible, since they last for 6 months anyway, coz in-case there is a problem e.g TB which takes 6 months treatment and 2 more months observation, you may not be able to apply for your visa within the DV window. Anyway, the incidence of TB among people without HIV is not high so you shouldn't panic, but those who are positive should do it quickly so that if they have TB they can be treated and still apply. I was freaking out about the TB test coz I work in a HIV and TB clinic, but turns out mungu amenichunga. Amen!

In summary:
1. Get to your interview on time to avoid wasting the whole day there.
2. Carry immunization records where available, especially for children.
3. Carry about Ksh. 21,000 for the whole process (I spent Ksh. 20,075). A little more is better in-case of any eventualities.
4. There is a cafeteria on the premises so you can carry some little money for lunch and/or snacks, esp. those with kids.
5. Make sure your passport photos (2) conform to the standards. Those with bad photos were sent to re-take them and wasted more time and money. They should be on a white background with a really big face in them (about half the photo)
6. Don't forget your passport.
7. Say a big prayer and wish for all the best.

Hope you have all learnt something from this. @ Kamauz, go right ahead and schedule your medicals, with or without the 2nd NL. Just carry your 1st NL so they can confirm your case number.

Applied for police clearance on Wednesday 8th and the process is quite straight forward: go to CID headquarters on Kiambu Road, follow the signs to the office (it's on the right). Pay Ksh. 1,000 at a window at the entrance and produce your national ID. Get a copy of the receipt and your ID inside the office @10 bob. Get the original receipt and ID copy stapled to some form, fill in your name and ID number and wait to be called for printing. After printing, get your form and copy of receipt signed and stamped. The certificate is ready in 2 weeks. Don't detach the printing records from the certificate when handing it in to the embassy or it is invalid.

And that concludes my last 2 days. Off to do a bit of work. Later!
Last edited by njugunuts; 21st December 2010 at 09:24 PM.
CN: 2011AF00019***
NL Dated: 14th April 2010
1stNL: 2nd July 2010
Sent Forms: 15th July 2010
KCC confirms receipt: 28th August 2010
Current in and interviewed in: January 2011
2nd NL: 19th December 2010 (laziness on my part )
Medicals: 9th December 2010
Police Certificate applied: 8th December 2010
Police Certificate picked : 22nd December 2010
Documents dropped off: 19th January 2011
Interviewed successfully: 24th January 2011
Visa picked up: 25th January 2011

Our daily Monday prayer
Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought us in safety to this new day: Preserve us with your mighty power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all we do, direct us to the fulfilling of your purpose; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Be blessed and remember God loves you! AMEN

Amen...thanks for this word of motivation.

Congrats Danny, We thank God as he has done another miracle in our midst. We cherish and use your victorious story to strengthen us on our journey to meeting the CO. All the best as you pack up you suite cases for the greener pastures across the Atlantic. God bless cheers.......

Thanks. God made it, you know. Everyone's story is making people more strong to be patient and to keep our eyes on our Lord!

Status
Not open for further replies.