• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congrats

This experience puts this verse into reality...Romans 12:12
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. You deserve the American dream you have truly earned it....All the best with the relocation with the family...I pray that the other side of the Atlantic will....favour your family!!! That what has taken people years will take your days to achieve....All the Best

OH HOW I LOVE MY GOD, VISAS ISSUED AT EXACTLY 8:15
watch THE SPACE

Haver you ever wondered what could be you benefits the moment you get your Green Card

Here I take you through the journey of what you’re supposed to benefit the moment you get your permanent Resident Card previously known as Resident Alien Card.
Hope you will like it
• A green card holder can permanently stay in the U.S. anywhere in the 50 states of United States.
• Permission to start your own business and create own corporation.
• Green card holders get Social Security benefits when they retire, if they worked for 10 years (40 quarters to be precise) before retiring.
• Some jobs require security clearance that only green card holders and U.S. citizens can get. Therefore, a green card provides more opportunities.
• Green card holder pay less tuition for university and college, referred to as “in-state” tuition or “resident” tuition. Savings are considerable and in most cases, they are 3 to 4 times lower than what foreigners pay.
• Permission to work in any company located in U.S. territory regardless of job function, hour/week, etc. except for some companies that only hire U.S. citizens. No need for employer sponsorship.
• Right to apply for government – sponsored financial aid for education.
• If you obtained green card for your family, they will retain it even if you pass away or lose your job.
• Immunity against future changes in immigration rules that could hurt your temporary permit.
• You can legally own property, cars, firearms and other items that any other average American does.
• Green card holders can make political campaign contributions in connection with state and federal elections. Other foreign nationals can’t.
• Some states require that you have a green card before granting you professional licenses such as real estate agent, insurance agent etc.
• It may be easier to get a mortgage for home purchase. Many banks require green card or other long – term visa before granting a mortgage. Some banks may charge higher rates for non green card holders for a mortgage.
• Eligibility to apply for U.S. citizenship later. You don’t have to take U.S. citizenship and you can be a green card holder forever. If the country of person’s current nationality allows dual citizenship, a person can get U.S. citizenship without giving up current nationality.
• Ability to leave/enter the U.S. at will without the risk of being denied entry by immigration Official at the port of entry. Make sure that you take your green card to show USCIS when you come back, also keep a record of the dates each time you leave and come back and always reenter legally (use the border checkpoint)
No need to fill the 1-94 form and no need to worry about expiration of authorized stay. Green card status is valid for lifetime, even though the proof of green card (the plastic card) itself is valid for 10 years and must be renewed.

Not all of these are accurate.

In particular, the one about instate tuition fees. You stated that these benefits become available immediately, but some states have a requirement of continuous residence for a year or more before you can claim instate tuition. (also, what do you mean by fees being "3-4 times lower"? Anything more than 1 times lower is free...) (and in many states you can still be counted as resident for this purpose without a green card eg if you are on a work visa)

What banks will grant you on mortgages depends much more on your financial situation than your green card.

And as discussed before you have no guarantee of being allowed to re-enter with a green card if it's determined that you've abandoned residency.

You may be a GC holder forever but this means (1) you are always at risk of being deemed to have abandoned residency if you are out the country for any length of time, if you are a citizen you can stay out as long as you want (2) you can not get a US passport (3) you are not eligible for certain security clearance jobs (4) if your children are not born in the US and they do not take citizenship independently of you they are at same risks of above... These just off the top of my head, I am sure there are more. I read a case of someone stripped of their green card after almost 20 years. It happens.

There are certainly lots of benefits to being a GC holder but it's important not to give people misleading information.

Congratulations Family2133

Family2133,

Congratulations are in order after the long wait..and it came to pass. All the best as you prepare.

Not all of these are accurate.

In particular, the one about instate tuition fees. You stated that these benefits become available immediately, but some states have a requirement of continuous residence for a year or more before you can claim instate tuition. (also, what do you mean by fees being "3-4 times lower"? Anything more than 1 times lower is free...) (and in many states you can still be counted as resident for this purpose without a green card eg if you are on a work visa)

What banks will grant you on mortgages depends much more on your financial situation than your green card.

And as discussed before you have no guarantee of being allowed to re-enter with a green card if it's determined that you've abandoned residency.

You may be a GC holder forever but this means (1) you are always at risk of being deemed to have abandoned residency if you are out the country for any length of time, if you are a citizen you can stay out as long as you want (2) you can not get a US passport (3) you are not eligible for certain security clearance jobs (4) if your children are not born in the US and they do not take citizenship independently of you they are at same risks of above... These just off the top of my head, I am sure there are more. I read a case of someone stripped of their green card after almost 20 years. It happens.

There are certainly lots of benefits to being a GC holder but it's important not to give people misleading information.

Thanks for the clarifications.

hallo mates hop ya all good have been on and off for a while chasing mullaz but have been following the forum though i was not posting any comment its good to be back to my fellow who will be current and those who will be having their interviews praying will always be for you folks ,the almighty does not disappoint family congrats once again you are a true believer may GOd bless you more

Our daily Monday prayer
Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought us in safety to this new day: Preserve us with your mighty power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all we do, direct us to the fulfilling of your purpose; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Be blessed and remember God loves you! AMEN

for all those who are new to the thread ya most welcome patience is the name of this game Remember God loves you

hallo mates hop ya all good have been on and off for a while chasing mullaz but have been following the forum though i was not posting any comment its good to be back to my fellow who will be current and those who will be having their interviews praying will always be for you folks ,the almighty does not disappoint family congrats once again you are a true believer may GOd bless you more

Our daily Monday prayer
Lord God, almighty and everlasting Father, you have brought us in safety to this new day: Preserve us with your mighty power, that we may not fall into sin, nor be overcome by adversity; and in all we do, direct us to the fulfilling of your purpose; through Jesus Christ our Lord.

Be blessed and remember God loves you! AMEN

Amen...thanks brother

what about AOS??? is it compulsory??? my friend is giving interview and her host is not ready to sign anything... please advice

oooh God, please be next to Partitas tomorrow and especially have mercy on her children.

Dear Partiats, I wish u all the best and in Jesus name, visa is already granted, amen.
Yeap it is this week bro,tommorow I will face the CO,thanks Akello for the prayer be blessed.

Mushy, I think AOS is not compulsory, but for your own safety it is better to have it. U never know if they will ask for it or not. Just my idea.
what about AOS??? is it compulsory??? my friend is giving interview and her host is not ready to sign anything... please advice

oooh God, please be next to Partitas tomorrow and especially have mercy on her children.

Dear Partiats, I wish u all the best and in Jesus name, visa is already granted, amen.

Thank you my dear brother ,I will present myself and pickup those visas in Jesus mighty name!

I used to worry more than anybody here but I now know better. I will be stopping here now and again to reduce some of your worries and to shed some light

Status
Not open for further replies.