• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh Chris, why do you get lost so much like that? Thank you so much, some of my family members also had tears of joy when I broke the news. God will continue seeing us through , no fear, my case has proved it already.

hahahaha lol never mind i am back fully now for good in the long wait. Was just busy with school and work - its not easy to manage the two u know. Wishing Gods favour upon those going for interview this week and success to those whose visas have been granted; and to those on AP and to us BIG CN the wait is not easy but surely God will see us through. Have a blessed week mates.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Family2133,so happy to learn about your progress after always monitoring your post to see if there's a change ,all glory to God brother,enjoy this moment.
Thank you so much, atleast you have logged in to congratulate me, I am so pleased.:eek:

Mates I need your advice
A friend of mine, a dv 2004 winner with CN 60xxx has the intention of getting married in this up coming June, and he wonder how much time it will take to his prospective wife to join him in USA. In case visa is issued in July, he plans to leave in August after kicking off reunification process in the embassy. Remember, to avoid whatever can jeopardize his case he didn't fill any form for her fiancée before marriage.

Thank you Samo', surely we have got a reason to pour something, I wish we could meet all of us and thank our Lord for the mercies He has bestowed upon this house. We need to keep on praying for our beloved brother Danny, he will make with our prayers.

By the grace of God,we will all meet in USA this September for thanksgiving.Dannyden too will have cause to rejoice on his visa too in Jesus name.

Hi Olelenku, I don't know if any one answered your question? From my experience I have seen some carry Ketepa Tea........and successfully passed through customs. The worst that can happen if they randomly stopped your Luggage. The FDA guys(Food and Drug Administration) would simply ask you to either pay duty for them if too many packs or surrender them if you can't afford...Secondly worst scenario is to quarantine the Ketepa Tea, Thus if they suspect any health risk to the general population( Americans) or the environment but tea does not carry killer diseases...lol from my small research I believe if its not processed then Tea is not allowed into the country....

So I would say carry them as well as Royco etc..some People are caught with delicious things like dry frog legs, raw turtle heads, BBQ rats etc..for those into fear factor food stuff like the Chinese :)...so yours is a walk in the park. Hope this helps!!!

For more info check this site for what to carry or not..
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/de...vMTM5MDEzMTI3My9zaWQveEE2alZMS2w=/suggested/1

and this pdf go to Table 3-148 where they talk about tea.
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/import_export/plants/manuals/ports/downloads/miscellaneous.pdf

hahaha!!!ati BBQ frogs and turtle heads and frog sgwembe!!my man what kind of sorcery is this??This is witchcraft buwaana!!haha I've laughed so hard you have no idea. I remember watching on telly very recently an Iranian woman who was stopped at the airport in JFK and asked to open her luggage. Onions...tomatoes...chopping board and skimmed milk!!!and she could speak no english. They were just confiscated and she was asked to bounce along without them. It was quite funny. I'm trying to imagine olelenku being frozen at the airport coz of carrying neem...I'll laugh at him for the reat of his life.

God is Great. I'm happy for the favor God has put on us from Kenya and neighbouring countries. I have experienced it personally too. My visa was granted. Praise Jesus!!!!

Another top top news!!!Congrats Notez, I was a bit worried that your case might be pushed to the backseat like some the previous years. If it's not too much to ask you can let everyone know how you managed to reschedule your interview successfully. Someone might run into similar challenges up ahead you never know..

I wanted us to meet when I have the final results, this time my wife will be with me too, we shall inform other people. I do not have anything new yet as today the passports have not reached the embassy, its a public holiday, I hope tomorrow may be.

Family good to hear from you brother...the best ticket deal is IOM but this time round you go to their office in Westland will email you the numbers to dial. Am sure if you decide to fly from Nairobi you will save alot of Mullah....am checking out on the 22nd around midnite been bizy for the last couple of weeks but now I just wanna chill n reflect where God has brought me... I thank you and each member of the forum for the contributions...once again thanks and will inbox you my email addy.

I remember the day when we were at around Odeon and you told me that "all the prayers can not go waste",that statement menat a lot to me that is why up to today I still remember,the statement has been proved. Thanks for the prayers, we are boarding that plane together lol.
And now we see the results of those prayers ,I can only imagine the happiness on Suz's face when it reads issued !

Family good to hear from you brother...the best ticket deal is IOM but this time round you go to their office in Westland will email you the numbers to dial. Am sure if you decide to fly from Nairobi you will save alot of Mullah....am checking out on the 22nd around midnite been bizy for the last couple of weeks but now I just wanna chill n reflect where God has brought me... I thank you and each member of the forum for the contributions...once again thanks and will inbox you my email addy.

Family,I hope you take Godias advice so that we fly together haha!Godia 22 is almost here,I wish you a safe relocation and we are hoping to hear about your expirience especially because you are the first one leaving with tickets from IOM .

Mates I need your advice
A friend of mine, a dv 2004 winner with CN 60xxx has the intention of getting married in this up coming June, and he wonder how much time it will take to his prospective wife to join him in USA. In case visa is issued in July, he plans to leave in August after kicking off reunification process in the embassy. Remember, to avoid whatever can jeopardize his case he didn't fill any form for her fiancée before marriage.

Your friend is looking at an average of 2-5 years before the wife gets her GC. Although new immigration reforms being proposed might make it possible for spouses to no longer be separated for the entire duration of the processing time - but there's no guarantee how soon this might come into effect.

Having said that though, you might want to advice your friend to wait until after his interview before getting married. If they later find out he was married (even for one month) and he claimed to be single at the time of the interview, his GC can still be withdrawn and he would end up being deported. When he files for his wife, his own record would also be reviewed, which means there's a high possibility of the marriage date being flagged.

...but now I just wanna chill n reflect where God has brought me....

I do that alot too...everytime I zone off aka kuzubaa I find myself wondering how I got to where I are. I slap myself often too; I have appendage marks right across my cheeks, everytime someone looks at me they think I'm a victim of GBV (gender based violence). I'm in awe. Full time. My jaw is always slack, my mouth always agape. I don't know how I got here, I honestly don't. Maybe one of these fine days I'll get an answer. Just maybe...

Ghanaman, I remember you failed to have lunch before you had read my interview experience, hahhaa, I am sure you wanted to join me celebrate the success, now its time for us to laugh last and have it the best way, I hope we shall meet in the US one day. You and I have so much in common, we need to share ideas. In box me your email adress. Thank you for the prayers, this was God's miracle.

Yes, I remember that I skipped my lunch to read your interview experience. Congrats my friend. Yes possibly we can meet in the US. Truly we have much in common. I will inbox u for the email. We thank God for what He has done for you and your family. God bless you more.

Congratulations Family, you are lucky to get early interview that you could survive those days of AP, but CN like me who might get interview in August and September cannot survive that long AP period, God Bless and have a safe trip

Could IOM Uganda be having same ticket deals, or can I use IOM Kenya and board from Uganda bcs since I have a big family I would not want to board from Kenya. How much are they charging you Godia?

I do that alot too...everytime I zone off aka kuzubaa I find myself wondering how I got to where I are. I slap myself often too; I have appendage marks right across my cheeks, everytime someone looks at me they think I'm a victim of GBV (gender based violence). I'm in awe. Full time. My jaw is always slack, my mouth always agape. I don't know how I got here, I honestly don't. Maybe one of these fine days I'll get an answer. Just maybe...
Ooh Nairobba ,your family and friends will really miss you coz you definately make them
Smile all the time!

Family,I hope you take Godias advice so that we fly together haha!Godia 22 is almost here,I wish you a safe relocation and we are hoping to hear about your expirience especially because you are the first one leaving with tickets from IOM .

Haahahaaaha will board the same plane if IOM Kenya gives me better deals. We shall see the skies together!!

Status
Not open for further replies.