• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey bro did you check you mail i had sent you a private message
Welcome to the family of winners!! Feel free to ask any questions. from your cn you still have enough time to keep up with the forum and learn more as you prepare to face the CO. I wish all the best. once again welcome.

Sorry!! I have been using this my kaphone to log on the forum but apparently it does not show private messages and other goodies on this site. cheers!! I have in boxed you...

hey bro did you check you mail i had sent you a private message

I was at the embassy at about 5.50am, found people were already outside, but most were family groupings. The guards opened the pedestrian gate at about 6.08am, and we were asked to queue per gender. males one line, females the other line. I was the third male to be let in.Side Note to All:punctuality is key. There is a huuggge number of people waiting to be served.

After initial security check, we were let in and asked to wait, once again by the order we had arrived, right outside the consulate. People with young kids were given the seats, while us young men..AHEM!! were left standing. That was the longest wait man, we stood there for over an hour while waiting for them to log in their systems and make themselves ready to address us. People who were getting non-immigrant visas were prioritized; and of course American citizens just jumped the queue. After all, the consulate is theirs. Note To Self: I'll jump the queue too, just give me 5 years.AHEM!!

Finally they got to the immigrant visas; and this is at about 7.20am. They need the 2NL and original passport for you to be let through into the consulate. The staff member, a young Kenyan lady, counter checks my info versus her list of appointments scheduled for the day. She ticks against my name and once again we have to wait to be security checked in order to be let into the consulate. This time round we are offered seats. NoteToSelf: I think I should just change my name to WAITER. This way I'll @least live up to my name.LOL
Finally about 10mins later, they let me in. Here they let guys in in groups of fours. You hand in your electronics, keys and coins;place them on a basin and you are asked to walk through a metal detector. Then they check you physically using the hand held metal detecting device. Once clear, they asked me for my CD from IOM and something else I honestly can't remember what. The cold had chewed up my memory. I know I'll remember next year. They then tagged those two items and they were left behind, whereas I left with the tag.

Once through that security check, I was let in and took a walk inside the consulate. I was directed by some guard through a security door where I walked in and saw a bunch of people waiting on my left. Direct ahead of me was a young Kenyan lady who asked me for my passport and my 2NL. She took away my phone then gave me a numbered code which was the code they used to call me through out the exercise. Then I left that building and once again went out to do what?WAIT!! where??OUTSIDE IN THE FRIGID COLD!!
After about 30mins, WAITER ;) was called in to counter numero 4. A young Kenyan lady of cushitic origin already had my file, the one I sent to KCC. She asked me for my original papers: Police clearance, Birth cert, High School cert and passport. NoteToForumites: please please carry your original high school certificate. The confidential results sent by KNEC don't seem to be enough. She then asked me for 2 more recent passport photos; which she straight swapped for the ones I had sent to KCC. She then directed me to the cashier where I was asked to pay the $330, or KSHS 29700 equivalent. I went back to give her the receipt and hoped she'd tell me to wait inside. Poor old Nairobba the waiter was asked to go wait where he belonged.outside.

After about some more 30mins, I was called in again through the public address system, to counter 8, where there was an american lady who was addressing me in Kikisii. My goodness her Kikisii was twenged, tweaked and all proper jargons you can find to describe "corrupt." I was polite though, I even explained am not good in Kikisii so that she could stop speaking it. LO AND BEHOLD she kept on with it. She took my finger prints, indulged me in small talk, talked about my folks a little bit. She must have been Kisii sent though(read "HEAVEN SENT"), coz she asked me to wait insidesigh!!LOL for my interview to be conducted. I stayed inside for about 30mins, then we were asked to go wait further outside. I didn't wait outside for long though, my name was called to counter 6 for the actual interview. The interviewer was an American lady:

CO: Raise you right hand and solemnly swear that the information you've accorded us is the whole truth
ME: I do.
CO: typing something on her computer If I were to hand you this visa,where do you intend to stay in the US
ME: Atlanta Georgia
CO: Who lives there?
ME: A close family friend.
CO: while typing on her computer Have you ever been married before?
ME:No
CO: while looking me in my eyesHave you ever brought forth any children?
ME: No
CO: I see you studied xyz in campus. Is that what your job is now?
ME: I explain my job further...
CO: I see. can you dance??
ME: Excuse me?
CO: Time for you to dance a bit and call your family friend in georgia, I'm approving your visa.
ME: smiling sheepishly while fist pumpingI'm sorry ma'am, I have two left feet
CO: Approaching the window as if to whisper to me Then you must be the only Kenyan who can't dance..
ME: Blush.(didn't realize it wasn't a compliment)

She hands me the green paper and indulges me in small talk on how to open my DHL acc, and when to pay the USCIS fee. She also said that due to the festivities going on, I'd get the visa in about 10days.

I saunter out of the embassy, whistling away and feeling heat ONLY on my face.(weird,huh??) Mark you it was still frigid outside. I leave the embassy still in awe, pinching and kicking myself and praying to God I don't wake up from this dream, IF it is a dream. I put my hands in my pocket to get my phone to call my peoples and olelenku, shock horror everything is still in the consulate. And am standing on Limuru rd;400m from the embassy. Still in cloud 9. But I couldn't care less, I was in my zone.

Congrats and welcome to America!!!

2014AF00015xxx
1st NL: 20th May
Sent forms: 25th May
Confirmation of receipt by KCC: 10th June
Police clearance: 13th Sept
Medicals: 19th and 20th Nov, successful.
Visa interview: 9th Dec. Thanks to GOD, granted.
Visa pick up:
SSN:
GC:

I arrived at the US embassy's gate at around 6.50 am and queued to be cleared by the security before being ushered in. After the next checkpoint where they confirmed my identify and whether I had an appointment, I proceeded to the next checkpoint where they went through my luggage and scanned us for any metal objects/weapons after which we were allowed to enter the consular section where we were issued with waiting numbers and told to wait to be called outside on a cool sitting area. I waited there for something like 20 mins, then my no: was called to counter 5 where a seemingly Kenyan lady perused through my original docs, asked a few questions then instructed me to go the cashier and pay $330 visa processing fee. After that, I went back outside to the waiting bay-the cool one and waited again for ten minutes after which my no: was called to counter 6 where I met a Chinese lady who asked whether I was a Turkana and when I said no-I was born in Lodwar...she said I must then be Luo. She then switched to speaking Luo. She only took my finger prints then told me to wait outside...in Luo. After like 5mins I was called for my main interview...it was done by a very kind and gracious white lady at counter 8.

CO: Are you Blah...blah
Me: Yes, I'm
CO: Raise you right hand and swear that everything you say is the truth and nothing but the truth
ME: I do!! She wanted me to repeat the statement but said ok
CO: Who are you going to live with once you get to the States
ME: My brother, he live in Denver, Colorado.
CO: What did you do after High school
ME: I waited at home for a year then joined University
CO: Which University and for which program
ME: Blah..blah
CO: Is the program a marketable one in Kenya
ME: Not really
CO: So what do you normally do
ME:Blah...blah
CO: Congratulations...I've granted you a visa
ME: Thanks and God bless you...
Christ is my light and guardian ...I shall never wander in the wilderness of hopelessness.

In Jesus Christ I trust and put my faith always!!!!

Congrats and welcome to America!!!

I was at the embassy at about 5.50am, found people were already outside, but most were family groupings. The guards opened the pedestrian gate at about 6.08am, and we were asked to queue per gender. males one line, females the other line. I was the third male to be let in.Side Note to All:punctuality is key. There is a huuggge number of people waiting to be served.

After initial security check, we were let in and asked to wait, once again by the order we had arrived, right outside the consulate. People with young kids were given the seats, while us young men..AHEM!! were left standing. That was the longest wait man, we stood there for over an hour while waiting for them to log in their systems and make themselves ready to address us. People who were getting non-immigrant visas were prioritized; and of course American citizens just jumped the queue. After all, the consulate is theirs. Note To Self: I'll jump the queue too, just give me 5 years.AHEM!!

Finally they got to the immigrant visas; and this is at about 7.20am. They need the 2NL and original passport for you to be let through into the consulate. The staff member, a young Kenyan lady, counter checks my info versus her list of appointments scheduled for the day. She ticks against my name and once again we have to wait to be security checked in order to be let into the consulate. This time round we are offered seats. NoteToSelf: I think I should just change my name to WAITER. This way I'll @least live up to my name.LOL
Finally about 10mins later, they let me in. Here they let guys in in groups of fours. You hand in your electronics, keys and coins;place them on a basin and you are asked to walk through a metal detector. Then they check you physically using the hand held metal detecting device. Once clear, they asked me for my CD from IOM and something else I honestly can't remember what. The cold had chewed up my memory. I know I'll remember next year. They then tagged those two items and they were left behind, whereas I left with the tag.

Once through that security check, I was let in and took a walk inside the consulate. I was directed by some guard through a security door where I walked in and saw a bunch of people waiting on my left. Direct ahead of me was a young Kenyan lady who asked me for my passport and my 2NL. She took away my phone then gave me a numbered code which was the code they used to call me through out the exercise. Then I left that building and once again went out to do what?WAIT!! where??OUTSIDE IN THE FRIGID COLD!!
After about 30mins, WAITER ;) was called in to counter numero 4. A young Kenyan lady of cushitic origin already had my file, the one I sent to KCC. She asked me for my original papers: Police clearance, Birth cert, High School cert and passport. NoteToForumites: please please carry your original high school certificate. The confidential results sent by KNEC don't seem to be enough. She then asked me for 2 more recent passport photos; which she straight swapped for the ones I had sent to KCC. She then directed me to the cashier where I was asked to pay the $330, or KSHS 29700 equivalent. I went back to give her the receipt and hoped she'd tell me to wait inside. Poor old Nairobba the waiter was asked to go wait where he belonged.outside.

After about some more 30mins, I was called in again through the public address system, to counter 8, where there was an american lady who was addressing me in Kikisii. My goodness her Kikisii was twenged, tweaked and all proper jargons you can find to describe "corrupt." I was polite though, I even explained am not good in Kikisii so that she could stop speaking it. LO AND BEHOLD she kept on with it. She took my finger prints, indulged me in small talk, talked about my folks a little bit. She must have been Kisii sent though(read "HEAVEN SENT"), coz she asked me to wait insidesigh!!LOL for my interview to be conducted. I stayed inside for about 30mins, then we were asked to go wait further outside. I didn't wait outside for long though, my name was called to counter 6 for the actual interview. The interviewer was an American lady:

CO: Raise you right hand and solemnly swear that the information you've accorded us is the whole truth
ME: I do.
CO: typing something on her computer If I were to hand you this visa,where do you intend to stay in the US
ME: Atlanta Georgia
CO: Who lives there?
ME: A close family friend.
CO: while typing on her computer Have you ever been married before?
ME:No
CO: while looking me in my eyesHave you ever brought forth any children?
ME: No
CO: I see you studied xyz in campus. Is that what your job is now?
ME: I explain my job further...
CO: I see. can you dance??
ME: Excuse me?
CO: Time for you to dance a bit and call your family friend in georgia, I'm approving your visa.
ME: smiling sheepishly while fist pumpingI'm sorry ma'am, I have two left feet
CO: Approaching the window as if to whisper to me Then you must be the only Kenyan who can't dance..
ME: Blush.(didn't realize it wasn't a compliment)

She hands me the green paper and indulges me in small talk on how to open my DHL acc, and when to pay the USCIS fee. She also said that due to the festivities going on, I'd get the visa in about 10days.

I saunter out of the embassy, whistling away and feeling heat ONLY on my face.(weird,huh??) Mark you it was still frigid outside. I leave the embassy still in awe, pinching and kicking myself and praying to God I don't wake up from this dream, IF it is a dream. I put my hands in my pocket to get my phone to call my peoples and olelenku, shock horror everything is still in the consulate. And am standing on Limuru rd;400m from the embassy. Still in cloud 9. But I couldn't care less, I was in my zone.

congrats bro... i really liked this post... i do hope we shall meet all of us in U.S...

hi guys..let me interject briefly...at the bottom there is an option for FULL SITE....enjoy ur weekend...
Sorry!! I have been using this my kaphone to log on the forum but apparently it does not show private messages and other goodies on this site. cheers!! I have in boxed you...

skatche..how be you?trust u good siz?bro?Nway,u have to give it to my man nairroba ...this guy can be a Pulitzer winner..great narrative ..
You are a wordsmith. Please blog more often, you and olelenku, you make this thread lively. The administrators should make us a like icon.

Congratulation for all who finished ur interview successfully. Thank you for all who participate in this forum to share ur experience. I got some trouble on the process of medical checkup. On my x-ray result shows that there is small spot on the lung. The doctor told me that it may be a sign of tb. So u need to go further diagnosis: it is so called mucus test. The result will be finished after two month and nine day. I had no sickness throughout my life. Again the doctor told me that, the spot on ur lung is not only the result of tb, but also other kind of sickness on ur childhood that never take any kind of treatment. AND such kind of disease.in addition the doctor told me that 99% ur free from the disease based on ur medical history, however, it is mandatory for the embassy to go further diagnosis (MUCUS TEST).

Please any one who knows any kind of similar story share with us. I know at some extent it will affect on the interview. In this case how the interview in the embassy going. Please share with me. From differnt discussion form in this Website I see one person who had similar story. However, it is not in detail what is going on interview day. i enter in embassy dec, 18, 2013

Advise to other: it is better to go to other hospital and check ur x-ray to test whether tb negative or positive: if u have a tb case at early age.
thank you. .. .. .

Hello Piuygiu,

A spot may be caused by marks or scars left from previous infections and does not necessary mean you have TB. The Mucus test will have to be done to ascertain the presence of any TB. If it turns out negative then you are good to go else you will need to embark on TB treatment which takes 6 months assuming it is not Drug Resistant TB. Since your interview is in December, you still have time to You can go ahead for the interview but you will certainly be put on Administrative Processing. According to the Department of State website (see link below), if you complete your medical examination after your visa interview, processing of your immigrant visa case will be delayed until the U.S. Embassy or Consulate has received your medical examination results. Therefore, applicants are strongly encouraged to complete their medical exams prior to their visa interviews.
I suggest you go have a Mucus Test yourself so you can reduce on the stress levels you're experiencing. That way you don't have to wait for the 2 months and 9 days you talked about. Then you can know which course of action to take. I hope this helps.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html

hallo mates hop ya all good for those who are still waitin for their interviews lets keep hop coz with God everythin is possible lets not loose hope ,even the backbenchers our tym will come for interviews lets just keep the faith ,i wanna wish all our mate a blessed holiday and success in you endeavors ,to all the new folks ya welcomd feel free to ask questions .Remember GOD loves you and be blessed

Today devotion

Romans 5;5

This hope doesn’t put us to shame, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Remember God loves you be blessed

Amen...even us backbenchers our time will indeed come.

my man family...howzit? I was trying to walk the forumites thro' the whole experience of how it was in the consulate. hope I achieved that.no?lol
Been meaning to tell you something but every time it keeps on slipping out my mind. Keep on keeping on, put your mind at ease through this AP, focus (like you posted earlier) on your job, family and businesses. There's only so much you can do to change things now. Trust me when that call comes, you'll be way more happier than you can ever imagine. And the priceless look on your kids' faces, will vindicate all your patience. You'll get the visa family, you deserve it. #Good tidings...
I have not got any update from the embassy yet, on Tuesday I sent a mail of inquiry but no response yet. Definitely you achieved on showing the true interview experience, you brought out everything that my self forgot to narrate, and you brought it out in a way that attracts some one to read more ( you know some of us naturally we do not want to read and if you want us to miss information, just put it in writing). Thanks for the encouragement, I will exercise patience. I wish you the best of preparations my brother, we shall meet in the US some day.

Hello guys,
I m new on this forum, I have been visiting the forum and I like it so much.
Congs Godia, 4turya, Feyisayo, Guy ray and Nairobba. U deserved it.
Family2133 and Dannyden dont give up, God is in control. Out there ur Visas will be granted early!
You are welcome Yvt, follow the blue link in my signature, click edit at the last free row and then fill your details. Thanks for the encouragement.

good idea Godia,nway congrats godia,nairobba 4-turya felsiayo and others for family en danny da visa are on the way comming faith does it all.mtihani nayo!!!! see u after my exams good forummates

Thanks Aleki for the words of encouragement, we are keeping our faith in God.

My apologies for gate-crashing the Kenya party but I wanted to congratulate you all on your selection.I have been following this thread for quite a long time and I must admit,its such a great feeling reading about about the success stories of our brothers and sisters who have already received their visas..Much needed motivation for those of us anticipating our 2nl to to carry on..I also wanna thank each and everyone on this forum/thread for all your enormous support in keeping this thread alive and also for all your contribution in helping each other..

All the best to you all and please continue to feel free to ask others on the forum for any help if required as we are in this journey together.

Congratulation for all who finished ur interview successfully. Thank you for all who participate in this forum to share ur experience. I got some trouble on the process of medical checkup. On my x-ray result shows that there is small spot on the lung. The doctor told me that it may be a sign of tb. So u need to go further diagnosis: it is so called mucus test. The result will be finished after two month and nine day. I had no sickness throughout my life. Again the doctor told me that, the spot on ur lung is not only the result of tb, but also other kind of sickness on ur childhood that never take any kind of treatment. AND such kind of disease.in addition the doctor told me that 99% ur free from the disease based on ur medical history, however, it is mandatory for the embassy to go further diagnosis (MUCUS TEST).

Please any one who knows any kind of similar story share with us. I know at some extent it will affect on the interview. In this case how the interview in the embassy going. Please share with me. From differnt discussion form in this Website I see one person who had similar story. However, it is not in detail what is going on interview day. i enter in embassy dec, 18, 2013

Advise to other: it is better to go to other hospital and check ur x-ray to test whether tb negative or positive: if u have a tb case at early age.
thank you. .. .. .

Sorry for that nasty experience. Further investigations are inevitable in case they find some thing that is not normal with your lungs however small it may be. This case has ever happened to one of us here at the forum in DV 2013(Read Catchme on 2013 thread), her husband was found to be having a scar on the lungs and he had to under go further investigations for 8 weeks, but the interview date was nigh so they had to reschedule, unfortunately, the fiscal year ended before they secured another interview date even though the results came out negative after the 8 weeks.
That is why I advice you to contact your embassy to let you attend the interview without the medical report at least they will put you on A.P as they wait for your medical report, but if you consider rescheduling, you may never get another interview date through out the fiscal year.
General advice goes to all the mates who have not yet done their medicals, schedule your medical screening at least a month before your scheduled interview date so as to cater for such eventualities. Do not take a risk of having your medicals a week before the interview unless if you went some where and they checked you, but its also not good for you to subject your self to x-rays so often as they have adverse side effects on your life.
Let us all pray for our friend to over come this problem.

hallo mates hop ya all good for those who are still waitin for their interviews lets keep hop coz with God everythin is possible lets not loose hope ,even the backbenchers our tym will come for interviews lets just keep the faith ,i wanna wish all our mate a blessed holiday and success in you endeavors ,to all the new folks ya welcomd feel free to ask questions .Remember GOD loves you and be blessed

Today devotion

Romans 5;5

This hope doesn’t put us to shame, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

Remember God loves you be blessed
Amen. Thanks Akelloh for the spiritual breakfast

good idea Godia,nway congrats godia,nairobba 4-turya felsiayo and others for family en danny da visa are on the way comming faith does it all.mtihani nayo!!!! see u after my exams good forummates

Hi Aleki,

I can see you want to do your Police Certificate in January according to your signature. You know it is valid for 6 months only? And your visa validity will be pegged to it.

AFRICA

Except: Egypt 15,850, Ethiopia 19,000, Nigeria 8,700, ASIA
3,700, EUROPE
16,700, NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)
7, OCEANIA 650, SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN

QUOTE=olelenku;2668097]skatche..how be you?trust u good siz?bro?Nway,u have to give it to my man nairroba ...this guy can be a Pulitzer winner..great narrative ..[/QUOTE]

Skache is fine and she is a sister! Now am waiting for your narration next week. I know am gonna enjoy it!

AFRICA

Except: Egypt 15,850, Ethiopia 19,000, Nigeria 8,700, ASIA
3,700, EUROPE
16,700, NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS)
7, OCEANIA 650, SOUTH AMERICA, and the CARIBBEAN

Well, at least it's moving... like a snail!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.