• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
hallo bro jonge how are you doing long time we have not exchanged greetings on this thread the second batch of members of this thread will be haviing their interviews soon and we wish them great success

Hi Akelloh,

I am good...I have actually been responding to your devotions everyday. Yeah we wish them all the best and looking forward to good news from them.

niko tele kaka mambo ndio kibao but i hop u r ok ,howz the preparation goin wish you an early success mate remember good preparation is the key for a smooth interview step by step in your readyness ! good luck
Akelloh where you at...we're missing something this beautiful morning..@@@

Thanks bro a reason to keep posting the good word ,God bless you to mate ,remember God loves you
Hi Akelloh,

I am good...I have actually been responding to your devotions everyday. Yeah we wish them all the best and looking forward to good news from them.

Thank Akello, but my number was current on September ............(DV2014AF000085**)

I haven't gotten mine too though I was current in sep ,I have checked in other threads and no one has received this month but probably tommorow it will be good news,also rem you sent your papers in August so don't you worry you will get the nl soon!!all the best!

Yea bro saw it memories indeed and I thank God for finally giving you the golden chance to make your point.
Heey G, glad to see you're back. In your best, contributing, and helping where you can.
Remember that pic I sent you via Whatapp!!

I believe that by tomorrow Ggodwilling u'll get yours just pray and keep us in the loop!
I haven't gotten mine too though I was current in sep ,I have checked in other threads and no one has received this month but probably tommorow it will be good news,also rem you sent your papers in August so don't you worry you will get the nl soon!!all the best!

If I understand ur question , u are asking how long it will take when then send ur pasport from nairobi ambassy to ur own adress ? If so take about 2 days if u reside in kenya, or about a week if u reside out of kenya may be less depense if it clashes with a weekend...
My interview is on Wed next week but I come from Uganda, I was wondering whether the passports can reach DHL in Kenya by Friday so that I wait for them or if they are to spend something like a week, I take the family back and come back to Kenya after that one week.

My interview is on Wed next week but I come from Uganda, I was wondering whether the passports can reach DHL in Kenya by Friday so that I wait for them or if they are to spend something like a week, I take the family back and come back to Kenya after that one week.

That s a good idea Family, once you will be given more than 3 working days, I urge you to go back home and then come back at Nai the day you ll be notified to pick up your files. Kampala is not farer from Nai than Kigali my city.

I thought that DHL can deliver the visas to Kampala ?

Hello Sossa,

police certificates a valid for 6 months. So if you are in Kenya and your interview is in Nairobi, then you MUST have a police certificate that is not more than 6 months. Also remember your visa validity period will be based on among other things the police certificate period of validity. So if you go for your interview with 1 month left for the police certificate to expire, then you will need to travel with-in that period. You need to get the Police certificates about a month from your interview date. That way when you go for your interview and get the visa you can still wait in Kenya and travel after 4months and your Police Certificate will still be valid for traveling to the U.S.
If at one time you lived in a foreign country say Uganda and you get a Police Certificate from Uganda, then that one is valid for 1 year provided you don't ever return to Uganda with-in that year.

I hope this helps...

Hi Jonge!!!
in my case I was in Europe for a few years, I come back this year. My interview is next year by then I will have been in the country for more than a year. So does this mean i'll need an EU police cert and a Kenyan police cert, even if I will have resided in the country for more than a year?? kindly, HELP!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
haha tell 'em utamaduni. but i'll be good. my main worry wasn't preparation for the interview, I have everything I need for the interview. It's more of a work thing, getting myself ready to be competent in my industry but in a 1st world setting. Hope by God's grace by the time u r coming to the A I'll have settled, I'll have a small "Welcome to the A" party for you.hehe

That would be great!!!:):):) God willing our paths will cross in the "A town" I have a lot of in laws over there some running a Kenyan church, The Kenyan community is huge there. I haven't been but my wife has been there for 6 months. She did not like heat during summer, according to her it was unbearable!! Nway will put you in my prayers with the rest of the forum mates doing their interviews soon!!! We shall all succeed.

Hi Jonge!!!
in my case I was in Europe for a few years, I come back this year. My interview is next year by then I will have been in the country for more than a year. So does this mean i'll need an EU police cert and a Kenyan police cert, even if I will have resided in the country for more than a year?? kindly, HELP!!!!

Hi Utamaduni,

if you have lived in any country for more than 12 months, then you will need a police certificate from the local police authority. So if for example you lived in German for 2 years and in Belgium for 3 years, you will need police certificates from German and Belgium respectively.

Hope this helps

Dhl pick up

Hi,
once u get ur visa when u login for the pick up point u can select dhl office in Kisumu, that will give u half a day road trip and u can be back in Kpla for celebratory dinner.

Hi All, you Good prople? What advise can you give to a person who has a good job(Gross of Kshs. 109k) to abondon her job and persue this Dream? (she can not have neither upaid leave nor any kind, except an annual leave of 24 days) Second,after how long can one come back to kenya after entering with his family in the US?

Status
Not open for further replies.