• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All, you Good prople? What advise can you give to a person who has a good job(Gross of Kshs. 109k) to abondon her job and persue this Dream? (she can not have neither upaid leave nor any kind, except an annual leave of 24 days) Second,after how long can one come back to kenya after entering with his family in the US?
Once you enter and your passport is stamped, you can go back to kenya as long as your don't stay beyond one year. ensure you pay USCIS so that you have the permanent resident card. if you stay more than a year you loose your entrance permit to the USA. this will also affect you when you want to apply for citizenship. so its up to you to make a decision if you want to pursue this dream .

hallo mates hope ya all good and enjoying being in the dv 2014 ship soon some of our members will be going for their interviews and we wish them great success ,Family and godia may the almighty be with you during your interviews and my brother nairobba am kind of tight but i must find some time to squeeze our daily routine of sharing the good news( word of God) with the members .Be blessed mates.

Today devotion
Joshua 23;10-11
One of you routs a thousand, because the LORD your God fights for you, just as he promised. So be very careful to love the LORD your God.

Remember GOD loves you be blessed housemates

Thanks nick for finding tym for dv 2014 be blessed dear and be blessed
Once you enter and your passport is stamped, you can go back to kenya as long as your don't stay beyond one year. ensure you pay USCIS so that you have the permanent resident card. if you stay more than a year you loose your entrance permit to the USA. this will also affect you when you want to apply for citizenship. so its up to you to make a decision if you want to pursue this dream .

I guess you can choose DHL Kisumu...thats gonna be more fair to you bro....plus did u check on ur receipts abt the refund?
My interview is on Wed next week but I come from Uganda, I was wondering whether the passports can reach DHL in Kenya by Friday so that I wait for them or if they are to spend something like a week, I take the family back and come back to Kenya after that one week.

I guess you can choose DHL Kisumu...thats gonna be more fair to you bro....plus did u check on ur receipts abt the refund?

How far is Kisumu from Kla; in terms of hours? If this works for Family2133; I think we shall also use the same. It's a cheaper option am sure.
Also, must it be the principal applicant to be pick the Passports from DHL? I am wondering if I could send my husband to pick them since he would be more willing to travel than I:eek:
But i urge Family2133 to use this option; it sounds much better.

how do i got the list of secondlatter

dear sir and friends ho do i know the number of the second latter of the Nepal list
Thank you

Would like to wish Family and Godia all the best during their interviews. The miracle is already done, yours is just to go and pick your visas..... Wishing you calm nights too and plenty of sleep :)

Hi Utamaduni,

if you have lived in any country for more than 12 months, then you will need a police certificate from the local police authority. So if for example you lived in German for 2 years and in Belgium for 3 years, you will need police certificates from German and Belgium respectively.

Hope this helps

Hi Jonge

Thanks for your quick response, Seems this journey is an up hill task, it has so many twisted turns and corners. I will try and chase that info asap, will start by calling the embassy Monday morning.

Have a blessed weekend.

How far is Kisumu from Kla; in terms of hours? If this works for Family2133; I think we shall also use the same. It's a cheaper option am sure.
Also, must it be the principal applicant to be pick the Passports from DHL? I am wondering if I could send my husband to pick them since he would be more willing to travel than I:eek:
But i urge Family2133 to use this option; it sounds much better.

kla to kism i think should be six hrs drive minus border hustle if you have private means then you can do five hours.
You dont have to pick the visas ur self just send ur husband with an authorizing letter to pick on ur behalf and a copy of ur Identification document. If u have kids add copies of birth certificates and they will gladly give him. Ensure he confirms every details. The document should be error free if not resend them there n then.

I didn't receive the 2nd nl today but am still hopeful I will get it next week,this is tough journey!!may God give us strength .

Rules
There are rules here,ensure when you come you follow the rules. First and foremost you are booked in the data system its not like Kenya where by files disappear. You have to have an ID,SSN and then your Permanent Resident Card. Then get a job,. The good conduct is to ensure you have never committed a crime in your Home Country so it has to be within 6 Months. Be ready to have sleepless night before you establish yourself. last but not least carry enough Money:p

Hi Jonge

Thanks for your quick response, Seems this journey is an up hill task, it has so many twisted turns and corners. I will try and chase that info asap, will start by calling the embassy Monday morning.

Have a blessed weekend.

Your welcome utamaduni,

the journey is indeed full of twists and turns that one has to be aware of. By the way calling the embassy won't help. Start by visiting the link below and select the country and follow instructions of how to acquire the Police Certificate. I will also need to start processing a Police Certificate from the Netherlands in January 2014.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9694

Hope this helps

All my eyes to my visa package. Thanks for our daily devotion. Because of you, we're sincerely blessed.
4turya how are you doing ? hope you are preparing well mate good preparation will make way for a smooth interview ,be blessed mate

Your welcome utamaduni,

the journey is indeed full of twists and turns that one has to be aware of. By the way calling the embassy won't help. Start by visiting the link below and select the country and follow instructions of how to acquire the Police Certificate. I will also need to start processing a Police Certificate from the Netherlands in January 2014.

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9694

Hope this helps

HI JONGE

Thanx for the link, I checked it out. I also did abit of research this is what I found out (The UK police do not issue "certificates of good conduct" or "police clearance certificates", however in our experience foreign embassies will generally accept a police reply under the subject access provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 as a suitable equivalent.) In short they offer police certificate! I hope this will do for my interview and they won't put me an AP. Cheers

USCIS Immigrant Fee

Hello house!!! some bad news:(:(:(:(

Just got this from the Ghana thread seems all DV winners will part with an extra US$165 after successful interview. Seems you will pay the cash before arriving in USA. The cash is the fee associated with the cost of producing the GC.. the plastic card. It seems as if its per head US$165, but I stand to be corrected. Put this in your budget of relocation. They reduced the visa fees in 2011, I guess they have raised it up again in a different way.

For more info check the link http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello house!!! some bad news:(:(:(:(

Just got this from the Ghana thread seems all DV winners will part with an extra US$165 after successful interview. Seems you will pay the cash before arriving in USA. The cash is the fee associated with the cost of producing the GC.. the plastic card. It seems as if its per head US$165, but I stand to be corrected. Put this in your budget of relocation. They reduced the visa fees in 2011, I guess they have raised it up again in a different way.

For more info check the link http://www.uscis.gov/forms/uscis-immigrant-fee

i thought you are aware from on set,its part of the requirement.so it is not a new information.

Status
Not open for further replies.