• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 Kenyan Selectees Report here

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's not a walk-able distance. O'Hare Aiport has a transit system called Airport Transit System (ATS) which connects all of it's five terminals. Stops are made at all the terminals as well as at the remote parking lot E. There is no charge for the use of the ATS.

http://www.airport-ohare.com/location.cfm
Thank you SM1, so does this ATS use buses or trains and how shall we know that its the train/bus heading to terminal 3?

Hahaha hahahha you re killing me KaiaUG , ahuiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, let me call my wife sweet Tomato
Yeah, such unique names keep the women feel special unlike the common ones sweetheart , honey, darling etc but do not call your wife a cockroach if you do not want to land into problems;), call her a fruit that you enjoy most.

KCC has started giving out the number.Nigeria VB is 13,500.
please someone should call for the rest of Africa and its exceptions.

Hi Family2133 Let me congratulate your friend for the 2nd NL. As the wife and kid have already been included in the 2nd NL, I would say it’s a miracle as the person in KCC who handled his file already believes his story. He has one foot already in America he just needs to get the next foot in. Let him gather all the evidence to prove that he is indeed married to the wife and the baby is his. If he uses his passport to cross the UG/Rwanda boarder or some sort of document each time. Let him photocopy the pages of entry and exit stamps showing he was out of the country then. If he has a letter showing his employment in Rwanda and pay slips let him take them too. Any receipts from the landlord of rental payment in Rwanda let him get them. Tell him to collect anything that can prove he leaves in Rwanda. Tell him to do the same for the wife where she stays in Kampala.

If the visa processing money will not leave him bankrupt. I would say its better going through with the GC than leaving with what if??? I have seen reality documentaries of illegal immigrants paying thousands of dollars to be smuggled through the boarders just to be caught at the boarder entry point. And they still try again and again. So if he has that dream burning inside let him go for it. The reason for saying this is because of my testimony.
Here it goes.

One day I needed to get a Schengen visa urgently. I had the option of sending my documents to the embassy or go in person. So I opted to send the documents as I did not have enough cash to travel all the way. A week later my documents were sent back with a denial. The embassy’s reason was I needed to give them enough time to process the visa. The date of travel was in two weeks’ time but they needed three weeks for processing. I went to the website and booked an appointment online, going in person to the embassy meant you left with the visa that same day. A few days later I went to the embassy.

My appointment was like 7 am. There were no buses or trains that could get me there on time. I was leaving 100's of miles away. I couldn't afford a hotel room as my cash was limited, so my option was to go all the way to the airport and spend a few hours there in the waiting room.

On the day of the interview I was there on time. The first lady to screen my documents at the embassy told me I didn't qualify for the visa. Her reason I had insufficient documentation and my visa in UK was running out in less than 3 months which disqualified me as well. The lady was very angry when I told her I wanted to continue the visa process knowing very well I was not qualified. She later told me to go home and to stop wasting their valuable time. I continued to pay the visa fees and sat down till I was called to another window. After being called to the second window the guy told me that he was sorry I had not qualified. Relentlessly I continued to the final window to face the CO. The Co checked my documents and said I was not qualified for the visa issuance. With an intervention from heaven I remember I spoke a sentence to the CO, something I had not thought of and I had no control off, Halleluyah!!! I left the embassy with the visa 3 hours later.

The only question I think he needs to ponder about is DV Lottery is an online affair, so the wife should had taken the photos in UG emailed them to him, for him to use in the application??? But if your friend has a mustard seed faith….and 0.005% chance with the Visa. I will join him in prayer…I have seen undeserving people walk away with visas including me..… he really needs the prayers!! With God all things are possible!!!!.....

That's what they call a notable miracle.

Thank you SM1, so does this ATS use buses or trains and how shall we know that its the train/bus heading to terminal 3?

:) The ATS is a people mover or a monorail (kind of like a hybrid fusion of a bus and a train).Just look out for and follow the posted signs to the ATS for transfer to Terminal 3. Announcements are always made as to where the ATS is going or which terminal it has arrived at. Since you are going from Terminal 5 to 3, the first stop once you board should be Terminal 3 (if you don't mistakenly board the one heading to the Parking Lot first :)). Even if you mistakenly get on the ATS going in the opposite direction, relax it will eventually bring you back to the right terminal. It takes about 10 minutes for it to go from Terminal 1 to the Parking Lot. Your kids will have a blast riding on it.

Here's a link someone posted showing what riding the ATS is like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBYQBi3oT1w

Dear experts, I have a Ugandan winner who was forwarded to me by Aimanda7, we met and he had this complication where we need to advice him together as a family.
When he was filling the initial DV application in Oct 2013, he was working in Rwanda but he had left the family (wife and 1kid ) in Kampala, so he says that he was unable to access them to get their photos so he filled the forms as a single. When he got selected, he filled the forms for himself , wife and Kid and sent them to KCC plus a letter explaining the situation of not being able to obtain the photos at the time of registration.
They did not reply the letter but on the Second NL, they included the Wife and the Kid. He is about to travel to NRB for medicals

Question
Will that scenario cause him any problem/compromise the issuance of his visa.
He is about to travel to NRB for medicals so your real time responses are welcome and thanks in advance.
just like utamaduni has advised,it's already a miracle that his family was included in the 2nd nl ,he should give it a try and let's all pray for him.

jonge this z the high tme we started praying hard coz as for the previous bulletin something is unusual 37900 is not gud at all for AF compared last yr which was above 43000 jonge yu can note the big gap of about 6k if this continues for June and if the
gap continues for the next four bulletins then yu can do arithmetic and see what will happen, am praying every forumate to face the CO bt miracles have to happen here PRAYERS, PRAYERS.

jonge this z the high tme we started praying hard coz as for the previous bulletin something is unusual 37900 is not gud at all for AF compared last yr which was above 43000 jonge yu can note the big gap of about 6k if this continues for June and if the
gap continues for the next four bulletins then yu can do arithmetic and see what will happen, am praying every forumate to face the CO bt miracles have to happen here PRAYERS, PRAYERS.

do you think with this pace of slow movement of VB those with high case numbers getting an interviews??

Dear experts, I have a Ugandan winner who was forwarded to me by Aimanda7, we met and he had this complication where we need to advice him together as a family.
When he was filling the initial DV application in Oct 2013, he was working in Rwanda but he had left the family (wife and 1kid ) in Kampala, so he says that he was unable to access them to get their photos so he filled the forms as a single. When he got selected, he filled the forms for himself , wife and Kid and sent them to KCC plus a letter explaining the situation of not being able to obtain the photos at the time of registration.
They did not reply the letter but on the Second NL, they included the Wife and the Kid. He is about to travel to NRB for medicals

Question
Will that scenario cause him any problem/compromise the issuance of his visa.
He is about to travel to NRB for medicals so your real time responses are welcome and thanks in advance.

IMO, there's nothing miraculous in the fact that KCC listed the wife and kid on the IL, sorry to burst some bubbles. They're listed on the form because the husband included their DS-230 forms with his own, KCC is required to show that the applicant has indicated he has family members and he wishes for them to benefit from his selection, KCC cannot ignore the request, void his selection or directly disqualify him. However, I'm willing to bet that the file has been flagged or will be flagged before it gets sent to the applicable embassy to show that the selectee claimed to be single while married with child.

The application process was and still is an electronic one. The pictures used for the process is filed electronically, so it does not make sense that an applicant can claim he failed to include his wife and child because he was based in another country and could not access them. I'm 99% certain that the application will be denied, but if the guy wants to continue processing on the 1% possibility of being approved, I wish him the best.

Rogers a difference of 5,500 from last year is not much given that in that difference you can have almost 50% of them as holes. Remember it has increased by 7,900 from last month's which is fine I should say.

Rogers if you analyze the last couple of years at about the same time, you realize it isn't that bad after all. See below:

2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014

Ok you could argue that there were far more selectees this year but that should bring the cut-off rather higher. The major difference this year though is the inclusion of Ethiopia as part of Africa. This puts pressure on the numbers from the rest of Africa. I have also heard that the total number of visa's allocated to Africa were also reduced. This is something that we need to confirm

IMO, there's nothing miraculous in the fact that KCC listed the wife and kid on the IL, sorry to burst some bubbles. They're listed on the form because the husband included their DS-230 forms with his own, KCC is required to show that the applicant has indicated he has family members and he wishes for them to benefit from his selection, KCC cannot ignore the request, void his selection or directly disqualify him. However, I'm willing to bet that the file has been flagged or will be flagged before it gets sent to the applicable embassy to show that the selectee claimed to be single while married with child.

The application process was and still is an electronic one. The pictures used for the process is filed electronically, so it does not make sense that an applicant can claim he failed to include his wife and child because he was based in another country and could not access them. I'm 99% certain that the application will be denied, but if the guy wants to continue processing on the 1% possibility of being approved, I wish him the best.

I totally agree with Sm1smom it is going to become very difficult to convince the CO that you couldn't include your family because you were in a foreign country. If the child was already born by the time he applied, he should have include him/her. If he was married by the time he applied, he should have included the wife as well. The situation he finds himself in is that he has to prove that his being in Rwanda was the reason why he couldn't include his wife or child. Difficult but not impossible I should say. What they could do though is place him on AP to verify all this and it could take a while. My head says he shouldn't continue but my heart says continue and give it a shot...yes might lose money but at least you know the outcome and all the what ifs are answered.
All the best.

very disappointing, 37,900 is absolutely pathetic numbers, now to hope for big jump would be foolishness

True I feel your pain Mushy_hot...but it has at least jumped by 7,900 which is not bad...next month's I believe will be a jump of about 9,500

True I feel your pain Mushy_hot...but it has at least jumped by 7,900 which is not bad...next month's I believe will be a jump of about 9,500

let's just not hope dear, its really disappointing to think and specially when u hope for good and something bad happens, JONGE whatever the VB is, you are going to get your number current for sure, all the best to whoever have become current

I totally agree with Sm1smom it is going to become very difficult to convince the CO that you couldn't include your family because you were in a foreign country. If the child was already born by the time he applied, he should have include him/her. If he was married by the time he applied, he should have included the wife as well. The situation he finds himself in is that he has to prove that his being in Rwanda was the reason why he couldn't include his wife or child. Difficult but not impossible I should say. What they could do though is place him on AP to verify all this and it could take a while. My head says he shouldn't continue but my heart says continue and give it a shot...yes might lose money but at least you know the outcome and all the what ifs are answered.
All the best.

Let's call a spade a spade,this is automatic disqualification.I agree, God answers prayer but not when you ignored what you are suppose to do.Even in the christiandom,there are commandment that you need to follow:failure to comply,there is a punishment for it.
Dv has a standard guideline that must be follow and if you refuse to follow it,disqualification await that person.I may be harsh in my response but the rule still stand.

If he doesn't give a damn about the money he will spend,he should go ahead,but he should have it in his mind that he doesn't stand a good chance and should feel too depress if denied.I wish him good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.