• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

I woke up at 4am, knelt down and prayed for my interview.
I arrived at the embassy at 5:50am and found a few people outside the main gate. A few minutes later we were asked to queue according to gender. Guys with kids were given priority (akina breakthrough)
At the gate, we were asked by the guards to produce our appointment letters and passports.
After verifying the appointment letter and passport are valid. We were frisked and asked to proceed to the second gate.
At the second gate, this is where your name is checked on the list of interviewees then afterwards you are screened by security. At this point we all left our cell phones, keys etc.
Then you proceed to the main building where you give your second letter and passport and a number is given to you.
The number was used to call you to the counters inside.
My first call was to proceed to counter 4 where i was required give my documents and copies
The kind lady asked me if i had carried enough cash to pay for my interview. I went to the cashier and paid.
Then i went out
I waited for bout 30 min and was called again on counter 8 for my finger prints to be taken .
Then i went out again
I waited again and this is the time to face the CO. At this juncture names are called out rather than the numbers.
Talisman proceed to counter 9
CO.. Hi!
Me Hi!
CO ..What is your names
Me..Talisman bla bla
CO...When did you clear Hi high School
Me...30....
CO...What did you do after high School
Me....Bla bla bla
CO.......Are you married
Me.....No
CO....Do you have kids
Me.....No
CO....Where are you going in the United States
Me Dallas Texas
CO.... Who is your host
Me Bla bla bla
CO....Congratulation blabla DHL blabla
I

Last edited:
I arrived at the embassy at 5:50am and found a few people outside the main gate. A few minutes later we were asked to queue according to gender. Guys with kids were given priority (akina breakthrough)
At the gate we were asked by the guards to produce our appointment letters and passports.
After verifying the appointment letter and passport are valid. We were frisked and asked to proceed to the second gate.
At the second gate this is where your name is checked on the list of interviewees then afterwards you are screened by security. At this point we all left our cell phones, keys etc.
Then you proceed to the main building where you give your second letter and passport and a number is given to you.
My first call was to proceed to counter 4 where i was required give my documents and copies
The kind lady asked me if i had carried enough cash to pay for my interview. I went to the cashier and paid.
Then i went out
I waited for bout 30 min and was called again on counter 8 for my prints to be taken .
Then i went out again
I waited again and this is the time to face the CO. At this juncture names are called out rather than the numbers.
CO.. Hi!
Me Hi!
CO ..What is your names
Me..Talisman bla bla
CO...When did you clear Hi high Sch ool
Me...30....
Me....Bla bla bla
CO.......Are you married
Me.....No
CO....Do you have kids
Me.....No
Me Dallas Texas
CO.... Who is you host
Me Bla bla bla
I

My security check applies to urs talisman.

Well for me proceeded to counter 4 n kenyan lady not so friendly..i was like here i need jesus.
Many querrie n yes whenever i culdnt hear what she says i asked and answered mean like a kenyan mmmh.. I kept praying for favor.

Payed returned receipt then went back to. Sit. I saw a couple with green slip n wished was them.

Called to conter 9. We swore n signed the papers n meen my boy kept messing with microphone.

3 querries
What did u do after high school?
Where are you gonna stay?
With whom?

Ur visa has been approved..dhl bla bla bla
Very friendly young american lady. Was happy with my son n just chatting. I praise God.

I pitied the guys who went to a window with some tall thin guy...i could hear the mhindi family being asked querries n i pitied them n prayed i dont end there.

I also so a young gal with pink slip n pitied her coz she came to far..
But all in all long journey from. Oct 2012 to may 2013 to august 2014. God has bern faithfull n He sure is ebenezer n all praise goes to the most high. Amen.

Shalom to all.

Morning to u all... Has anyone received his visa From Us embassy in nairobi... Was told to wait up to 1month due to internal issues.

At the gate we were asked by the guards to produce our appointment letters and passports.
At the second gate this is where your name is checked on the list of interviewees then afterwards you are screened by security. At this point we all left our cell phones, keys etc.
Then i went out
I waited for bout 30 min and was called again on counter 8 for my prints to be taken .
Then i went out again
CO.. Hi!
Me Hi!
CO ..What is your names
Me..Talisman bla bla
CO...When did you clear Hi high Sch ool
Me...30....
Me....Bla bla bla
CO.......Are you married
Me.....No
CO....Do you have kids
Me.....No
Me Dallas Texas
CO.... Who is you host
Me Bla bla bla
I

Congratulations Talisman, welcome to Texas..

Well for me proceeded to counter 4 n kenyan lady not so friendly..i was like here i need jesus.
Many querrie n yes whenever i culdnt hear what she says i asked and answered mean like a kenyan mmmh.. I kept praying for favor.

Payed returned receipt then went back to. Sit. I saw a couple with green slip n wished was them.

Called to conter 9. We swore n signed the papers n meen my boy kept messing with microphone.

3 querries
With whom?

Very friendly young american lady. Was happy with my son n just chatting. I praise God.

I pitied the guys who went to a window with some tall thin guy...i could hear the mhindi family being asked querries n i pitied them n prayed i dont end there.

But all in all long journey from. Oct 2012 to may 2013 to august 2014. God has bern faithfull n He sure is ebenezer n all praise goes to the most high. Amen.

Shalom to all.

Congratulations Breakthrough, all the best as you prepare to move stateside..

3 querries
With whom?

Shalom to all.
A pink slip forum mate is not a bad sign:):):),the girl was put on 221(g) well the red slip is a case closed fyi:rolleyes::rolleyes: btw Congrats and les meet in states God willing in Oct

3 querries
With whom?

Shalom to all.
God is good breakthru, regardless of the mean lady in counter 4, Thou she was kind to me. For those who are yet to go for medicals and face the CO. Just follow the advice from this forum. The rest leave it to God

3 querries
With whom?

Shalom to all.
God is good breakthru, regardless of the mean lady at counter 4. Thou she was kind to me. For those who are yet to go for medicals and face the CO. Just follow the advice from this forum. The rest leave it to God

Last edited:
Morning to u all... Has anyone received his visa From Us embassy in nairobi... Was told to wait up to 1month due to internal issues.
Hi bricepitt,am not sure what criteria they are using to send the parcels,coz like jorj received his notification a day before yesterday and his interview was after mine,am yet to receive mine,but lets just be patient,all will be well.