• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

Congratulations Sammie 101 am happy yu made it and also yu are luckiest yu got a slot within a short tme, were yu scheduled aug or sep? @Prince John yu gonn be fine so make all the efforts & for those hve qualified both medicals and interviews I wish best in nxt life.

@ vladek,thanks once again.am asking what your issue was/is about,uv said u too sent some copies to the enbassy via DHL.

Dont worry tge devil is a liar n he can try to challenge what God has planned even to the last minute. Just head to the police place now n hope within a week you have it n then send to them. It is well my friend dont loose hope

Rather than blaming the devil, you should be encouraging others who read this to ensure they have read all the instructions properly so they don't face the same problems. This could have been very easily avoided.

I can garantee you that it will solved as soon as you provide them with your wife's pcc.
If I'm not mistaking, also susieqqq went to her interview without the pcc, because she could get ready for the interview date, but after sending it, she got it all settled within a week time...
So relax bro :)

Yes, we were not given a deadline though, in fact we delayed on purpose.

John, DHL should not take longer than two days, but then you must call the embassy to ensure it does not sit in the internal postal queue or something. Ours took a week from arrival at the embassy to landing on the desk of the right person. Different embassy obviously but still a risk.

@ susie and the rest,Once it reaches the right person and i call the embassy ,will we be required to go back to the embasy again?The CO asked us like 3?s,will we do another interview?

@ susie and the rest,Once it reaches the right person and i call the embassy ,will we be required to go back to the embasy again?The CO asked us like 3?s,will we do another interview?

You shouldn't need to go back. Did they keep your passports?

Where you given any slip of paper? What is written on it? Does it have instructions for sending back the passports? Does the paper say you've been denied and the reason for the denial?

We were served with a pink form i shd,whcih states on the first paragraph that the visa has been refused bacause my wife was lacking police GC.I was told it MUST reach then before Aug comes dowm,and once we obtain the GC,we send it to the embasy via DHL.I guess i shd send it together with the passports?

We were served with a pink form i shd,whcih states on the first paragraph that the visa has been refused bacause my wife was lacking police GC.I was told it MUST reach then before Aug comes dowm,and once we obtain the GC,we send it to the embasy via DHL.I guess i shd send it together with the passports?

Yes. You should probably make sure there is something in there with your case number, maybe a copy of your 2NL, so they can match your case easily.

@ vladek,am still waiting what your issue was/is abt.what copies did you send?
I received this email 2 days ago:

Dear DV Applicant:

Your interview is scheduled as follows:

Case #: 2014AF68xxx
Date: August 28, 2014
Time: 1pm

Please send copies of the following applicable documents to the consulate prior to your interview (originals must be presented at the interview):
• Valid passport,
• Two passport size recent photographs in color on white background
• Unabridged/Long-form Birth Certificate(s) showing names of both parents (for third country nationals, please check your country reciprocity)
• Unabridged/Long-form Marriage Certificate, giving marital status before the present marriage (for 3rd country nationals, please check your country reciprocity)
• (A South African birth and marriage certificates must be computer-generated; a hand-written certificates will NOT be accepted)
• Police clearance certificate/s
• Military Record/Certificate: Required only if you have previously served in the military, ie. prior to 1994, or furnish proof that you were exempt from this requirement.
• High school diploma/employment letter
• Death Certificate: Death certificate of spouse if applicable.
• Divorce Decree(s): if applicable ALL Decrees of any previous marriages
• Medical(s): PLEASE DO NOT BRING YOUR X-RAY PLATES. We suggest the doctor and enquire about length of time to release the medicals as we cannot control that process.
• Fees: currently, the visa application fee is $330.00, which will be required during the interview.
All documents which are not in English must be accompanied by sworn translations into English.

For drop offs (Monday and Wednesday at 1pm):

1 Sandton Drive
Sandhurst
Johannesburg

For Courier, please contact:
XYZ (DHL representative) on
XXXX orXXX

Kind regards

Immigrant Visa Unit

Last edited by a moderator:
hope to see u in the morning John, am off to bed too, its gonna be a short night,
hey sims, breakthrough congrats on getting your visas.

sims please share with us your interview experience as well it wass so nice to read breakthroughs and others as well...

@John, hopefully the PC comes out like clockwork within 2 weeks and then the issue is sorted for you to get your GCs. I think once the PC gets to your Case file it will culminate to getting the GCs.