• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

at britismon and rogers these was the last email i received from the
embassy bro last month....thank you for your
email dated July 7, 2014
regarding your diversity
visa application. At this time, the case is still
undergoing administrative processing.
While we try to complete our cases within 30
days,
it is not unusual
for them to take 90 days or more.
Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with a time frame as
to when the administrative
processing will be
complete. Please know that we are aware of
your
concerns and are working on the case. Once the processing is
complete, we will contact you with
instructions on how to proceed. We hope this
information is helpful to you. If you
have further
questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
contact our office at ConsularFreetown@state.gov<mailto: ConsularFreetown@state.gov>. Sincerely, Consular Section
U.S. Embassy
Freetown, Sierra Leone

This is good - confirmation that you are indeed on AP. Hopefully that will be over very soon!

Co

Congratulations are in order Steenah just rem to give thanks coz we all know its not been easy[/QUOTE
You have to report taxes for each year and in the case of a new LPR being in the USA even one day means (technically) that you have to report taxes for the whole year. Given the USA interest in income in the world, that means you should report on income in your home country for the year. In reality, this won't be an issue unless the taxman wanted to be a pain (like an audit) but it is a technical obligation that you could avoid by coming in 2015.

I should add that the first year choice makes it simpler, but anyway, my point is not to scare you about paying tax, just the paperwork....
Wow...that was informative! thanks Britsimon .

mine is the same case @briceipt , dnt worry bro everything will be jst fine ! I hve a frnd too hving the same problem ,but when the visa ready to be issue it change monday first to AP and yesterday again to Ready and today is change to issue now finally ,so jst hve faith bro everything will be fine before september bro by God grace!! Jst pray and leave the rest to the almighty God ,everything will be soon come to past then bro!! Have faith..

I guess I will have to wait. Thank u @tyt

Hello guys... I just had a scary conversation with the embassy in nairobi. She said that they got my passport but there is no visa number available for me, and the chance for me to get the visa are 50-50. The reason Is because I sent the passport little bit late. (did my interview on 23th July) and the passport got there on 4th of august. They cannot put me with others who did their interview in July. This is something I couldn't expect. They told me to wait again

So I think your case should be straightforward. Your AP was probably unavoidable and hopefully it will be over soon. There are other cases where CEAC shows ready when in fact the case is on AP, so the biggest mystery is why you were not given a colored piece of paper at the end of your interview.
Please explain this process to me. What is AP, Ready, Issued, Transfer in progress. How does it flow?

Hello guys... I just had a scary conversation with the embassy in nairobi. She said that they got my passport but there is no visa number available for me, and the chance for me to get the visa are 50-50. The reason Is because I sent the passport little bit late. (did my interview on 23th July) and the passport got there on 4th of august. They cannot put me with others who did their interview in July. This is something I couldn't expect. They told me to wait again
But why did you leave the passport at the embassy, when you did the interview ?

just hve faith bro ,dnt worry everything will be fine bro, mine too my was at the embassy since i finish my interview bro on may ,till nw i dnt hear 4rm them!!!my ceac status is jst remained ready ,bt i have faith that everything will be fine bro one day by God grace, so @breceipt just hve faith and patient bro!!!

Please explain this process to me. What is AP, Ready, Issued, Transfer in progress. How does it flow?
AP : administrative processing.
Ready : ready for interview.
Transfer in progress : when they transfer the case to an other embassy (country).
Issued : visa issued :)

So you start with ready than issued !
That if you don't go under AP.

@Britsimon it's showing "ready" @vladek I did my interview on 23th of July. I didn't leave my passport at embassy because the lady who interviewed me told me that there was internal issue and that was gonna take a while. That I could go home. That they will call me which they did on 1ST of august. The passport reached the embassy on 4th of august

@Britsimon it's showing "ready" @vladek I did my interview on 23th of July. I didn't leave my passport at embassy because the lady who interviewed me told me that there was internal issue and that was gonna take a while. That I could go home. That they will call me which they did on 1ST of august. The passport reached the embassy on 4th of august
I must say its unfair :(
They should of kept your visa slot for you, it seems that now you are waiting, for an other visa to be rellocated to you.
It wanst your fault ! Its their, why do they penalize you like that?!
It upsets me....

Bricepitt,did the lady who did your interview give you a timeframe on when the pp shd reach them?for example,in my case,they said the COGC MUST reach them before Aug,cz my visa number is for Aug.That would probably mean that your visa number was/is for july,which means she misled you by given you back the pp.I just can not understand this.You rily need to call again,explain everything calmly,and make them understand that its the CO who gave you back your pp.May God have His way.

Bricepitt,did the lady who did your interview give you a timeframe on when the pp shd reach them?for example,in my case,they said the COGC MUST reach them before Aug,cz my visa number is for Aug.That would probably mean that your visa number was/is for july,which means she misled you by given you back the pp.I just can not understand this.You rily need to call again,explain everything calmly,and make them understand that its the CO who gave you back your pp.May God have His way.

The lady just told me that I could go home with the passport. Because the process of restoring the internal issue might have taken up to 1 month

@ bricepitt,I doubt they will answer tomorrow as they only receive dv ?s between monday-thursday 1pm-4pm.but you can give it a try,no harm.

I agree with Vladek that thus is unfair. However, in your case you got it resolved fast enough that you will be ok. AF, is not near the limit yet and has a lot of AP cases to resolve (and many of them will get visas, but after yours). In other words your chances are not 50-50 - they are more like 99-1.