• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 Kenyan Selectees report here

@ vladek,thanks a lot bro.I have faith by monday,or hopefully friday, all this will be over.@ bricepitt,are you under AP or what is it you needed to enquire?

Advice me please-Should i call the embassy today?The missing doc(wife's COGC)was delivered yesterday @ 10:30am.how fast do they handle such a case?I dont want to make it petty but all my other docs had no issue,just one missing doc.

@ bricepitt,020363662 or 0203636000.I have just called them abt my case,what is it abt your case?mine was a missing doc,which they say it will be brought to the consular section this afternoon,and the visas shd be stamped by monday.

Technically, you're now on AP and there's usually no guarantee as to when they will/may look at your case again. A lot really depends on how much work the CO has on his plate by the time missing documents are sent in. Not trying to scare you, just want you to prepare for the possibility of nothing happening on Monday before you start driving yourself crazy.

thanks for the tip Britsimon....thats a relief..i was worried there..then the tax thing...i dnt understand...please expound dear.

You have to report taxes for each year and in the case of a new LPR being in the USA even one day means (technically) that you have to report taxes for the whole year. Given the USA interest in income in the world, that means you should report on income in your home country for the year. In reality, this won't be an issue unless the taxman wanted to be a pain (like an audit) but it is a technical obligation that you could avoid by coming in 2015.

I should add that the first year choice makes it simpler, but anyway, my point is not to scare you about paying tax, just the paperwork....

@ vladek,thanks a lot bro.I have faith by monday,or hopefully friday, all this will be over.@ bricepitt,are you under AP or what is it you needed to enquire?

Actually my case shows "Ready" but my interview was on 23th of July. I was given the green paper and the uscis sheet. Just want to check my case 's statut

prince john nobody and nothing should scare you, Embassy staffs are also humans they will always consider the magnitude of applicants case, meaning they have categories of cases and yua case is just simplest, am saying this without any point of doubt coz I know of a guy, his knec cert had not reached the EMB by the time of interview fortunately they received it the nxt day, Emba had to call him the same day to send his passport for visa printing so his AP was less than a week so PJ it's just a matter of time bro, meanwhile it's advisable to call the consulate coz it wil make no harm, may God be wth yu!

Thanks Rogers,yes my case isnt complicated @ all and i believe by monday all will have been settled..sm1smon,thanks i but i have purposed to disregard your advice,or rathher your statement.let me believe what the lady who answered my call told me

prince john nobody and nothing should scare you, Embassy staffs are also humans they will always consider the magnitude of applicants case, meaning they have categories of cases and yua case is just simplest, am saying this without any point of doubt coz I know of a guy, his knec cert had not reached the EMB by the time of interview fortunately they received it the nxt day, Emba had to call him the same day to send his passport for visa printing so his AP was less than a week so PJ it's just a matter of time bro, meanwhile it's advisable to call the consulate coz it wil make no harm, may God be wth yu!
hi all..am Ingwe CN2015af16***...from kenya.Does it mean every selectee from kenya has to have the knec cert sent directly from knec offices?.I happen to have my original knec certs with me.Thanks

Thanks Rogers,yes my case isnt complicated @ all and i believe by monday all will have been settled..sm1smon,thanks i but i have purposed to disregard your advice,or rathher your statement.let me believe what the lady who answered my call told me

No problem!

Actually my case shows "Ready" but my interview was on 23th of July. I was given the green paper and the uscis sheet. Just want to check my case 's statut
There is a guy with a same issue as you here south-africa!

He had his interview on the 17th july, and his status remains ready, although he received the green paper, and he was told that his visa is granted!
He phoned the embassy, and they kept telling him, that they will let him know, when his visa is finaly printed-out.
So I guess its got to do with that printing system still. For the guys that got interview and granted visas in late july! ( Not all of them of course).

mine is the same case @briceipt , dnt worry bro everything will be jst fine ! I hve a frnd too hving the same problem ,but when the visa ready to be issue it change monday first to AP and yesterday again to Ready and today is change to issue now finally ,so jst hve faith bro everything will be fine before september bro by God grace!! Jst pray and leave the rest to the almighty God ,everything will be soon come to past then bro!! Have faith..

from sierra leone rogers...i just dont understand why they put me on administrative processing any way!! Coz i have no fake document either!! Or my God help me am stress and worried coz september 30 is around the corner nw ,oo my forum mates pls help me pray let the lord hve mercy on me!!
Have you ever traveled to any other country that may trigger some investigations?

nope bro, never before!! May be was my name or other thing then ,bt i dnt understand why coz i have no fake document along then!!

nope bro, never before!! May be was my name or other thing then ,bt i dnt understand why coz i have no fake document along then!!

TYT - there are only a few things that can cause you actual problems. So - some simple questions - answer them all.

1. You are a Kenyan living in Sierra Leone - correct?
2. Did you do medicals before the interview?
3. What education standard have you achieved?
4. You are applying as single - right?

i am a sierra leone , and i have 5credit in my wasce result they want and i did my interviewed before the day i did my interview and also i'm a single applicant then bro...i jst apply for university bro to study economics!!

i am a sierra leone , and i have 5credit in my wasce result they want and i did my interviewed before the day i did my interview and also i'm a single applicant then bro...i jst apply for university bro to study economics!!

So I think your case should be straightforward. Your AP was probably unavoidable and hopefully it will be over soon. There are other cases where CEAC shows ready when in fact the case is on AP, so the biggest mystery is why you were not given a colored piece of paper at the end of your interview.

TYT we must hve solution for this...what about if yu schedule an appointment wth yua Emba yu face the CO again? I know there must be some for AP as they ar trying to catch up as we wind up the season bro can this work mates?? I think this yu have an ample time to explain yua situation.

at britismon and rogers these was the last email i received from the
embassy bro last month....thank you for your
email dated July 7, 2014
regarding your diversity
visa application. At this time, the case is still
undergoing administrative processing.
While we try to complete our cases within 30
days,
it is not unusual
for them to take 90 days or more.
Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with a time frame as
to when the administrative
processing will be
complete. Please know that we are aware of
your
concerns and are working on the case. Once the processing is
complete, we will contact you with
instructions on how to proceed. We hope this
information is helpful to you. If you
have further
questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to
contact our office at ConsularFreetown@state.gov<mailto: ConsularFreetown@state.gov>. Sincerely, Consular Section
U.S. Embassy
Freetown, Sierra Leone

Do you chat on a local forum?
Do people in siera leone, get visas lately?
I'm just asking, because may be the embassy put you on AP , because of ebola epedimie.
Its just a supposition from, me nothing official !