• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

I have no experience with embassies.
Has anyone an idea about appropriate dress on the interview day?
Business like (suit-tie-shirt) or easy like (jeans with pullover).
I am certain that dressing will have no effect on consulates decision.
I just don’t want to feel over or under dressed.

Jeans and pullover is fine - it has no effect as you say, but make it a smart pullover, to avoid looking like a bum!

Jeans and pullover is fine - it has no effect as you say, but make it a smart pullover, to avoid looking like a bum!
Thanks britsmon, I will follow your recommendation.
It feels uncomfortable like on different occasions when all others are in easy wears and you appear overdressed or the other way when all others or with suit and tie und you are running with jeans and pullover.

i think you should dress up.

it is a special occasion and you should dress appropriately.

wear your birthday suit on the interview day

Spain Dv 2014

Hello!

First of all I wanted to thank you for all your posts here. It is extremely helpful!!
I am from Spain and my number is EU00049XXX. As I was reading on the forum my number is probably too high...

I rencently emailed KCC to make sure they received my documents. They reply with with an "auto reply" that I guess they send to everybody.

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of April.

Since they are saying that my forms "are pending further embassy review" does that mean that the forms are already in the embassy in Spain? Is the embassy the one in charge of scheduling the interviews or is it KCC?

Spain:

Selected entrants

2011 -- 219

2012 -- 232

2013 -- 196

2014 -- 485

Visa Issuances

2011 -- 86

2012 -- 75

2013 -- 80

2014 -- ???

I don't know if this numbers have any relation with the case number, but I am hoping that since they selected more entrants this year maybe there is a bigger chance?

I was also reading that the case numbers are not in order… Does that mean that there could be a gap of 1000 numbers between two selected entrants??

I am trying not to loose hope!!!!!

Hello!

First of all I wanted to thank you for all your posts here. It is extremely helpful!!
I am from Spain and my number is EU00049XXX. As I was reading on the forum my number is probably too high...

I rencently emailed KCC to make sure they received my documents. They reply with with an "auto reply" that I guess they send to everybody.

Your forms have been received and pending further embassy review for the continuation of your visa processing. KCC is currently scheduling visa numbers for your region for the month of April.

Since they are saying that my forms "are pending further embassy review" does that mean that the forms are already in the embassy in Spain? Is the embassy the one in charge of scheduling the interviews or is it KCC?

Spain:

Selected entrants

2011 -- 219

2012 -- 232

2013 -- 196

2014 -- 485

Visa Issuances

2011 -- 86

2012 -- 75

2013 -- 80

2014 -- ???

I don't know if this numbers have any relation with the case number, but I am hoping that since they selected more entrants this year maybe there is a bigger chance?

I was also reading that the case numbers are not in order… Does that mean that there could be a gap of 1000 numbers between two selected entrants??

I am trying not to loose hope!!!!!

Bienvenido!

Your file will not go to the embassy in Madrid until your case is current. The visas issued for Spain have no impact on the process, you are competing within the region. There are gaps in the numbering, so a 1000 increase in numbers doesn't mean 1000 cases BUT each case number also accounts for family members, so out of 1000 numbers only 500 might be real, but that could account for more than 1000 people - it is hard to be precise about that. I have to say, EU49XXX is a very risky number - most projections say the visas will be exhausted before that number is reached. You will find out in July whether you will get a chance or not.

Thank you for your reply!!

I was looking at previous years and I saw that sometimes in July or August all numbers become current. Is there anything you can do then to speed up the process? Would the embassy have the paperwork by then?

Thanks again!!!

Elisa

Thank you for your reply!!

I was looking at previous years and I saw that sometimes in July or August all numbers become current. Is there anything you can do then to speed up the process? Would the embassy have the paperwork by then?

Thanks again!!!

Elisa

In previous years there have been enough visas to satisfy all demand - and so that allows them to make a region current in the last month or two. This year - there are the normal amount of visas available and 30% more selectees - so there will not be enough visas for all. I think it is very unlikely we will see regions current this year.

There is nothing you can do to speed things up. You have to wait your turn - and only then will the paperwork be sent to the embassy.

Sorry for all the questioning!!
last one…
When you say that "In previous years there have been enough visas to satisfy all demand" does that mean that in the past high case numbers were able to get an interview? if so is this year different because they selected more entrants?
Why do you think they selected more entrants this year?

Thanks again!!

Sorry for all the questioning!!
last one…
When you say that "In previous years there have been enough visas to satisfy all demand" does that mean that in the past high case numbers were able to get an interview? if so is this year different because they selected more entrants?
Why do you think they selected more entrants this year?

Thanks again!!

In the past few years, the numbers did not reach as high as EU55,000 for example, at most maybe EU40,000. This is why it's hard to tell whether the very high numbers of this year will ever get a chance to be interviewed, simply because there haven't been such high numbers in the past.

Why did they select 30% more applicants this year? No one knows for sure, but there could be several plausible explanations:
1) DV2012 had a computer glitch and number of people getting green cards was way below 50,000, so the US did not give as many green cards as it wanted to.
2) Over the past couple of years, there was not a year where all 50,000 green cards were issued, so maybe the US Government thought it would be a good idea to select 30% more people to make sure all 50,000 cards are given out.
3) Due to whole immigration law movements in Washington, it was not certain if there would be another DV Lottery after 2014, so the US Government probably decided to make sure 50,000 people get the green card.
4) Some evil person decided to up the number of selectees just to see everyone get very excited to only disappoint them in the end.

So, no one really knows, except the people who are in charge of this DV Lottery.

How bad is the confession of smoking for the medical report if all other is fine?
Has anyone being rejected because of smoking?
Unfortunately I confessed to smoke 3-4 cigarettes a day by the medical examination.

How bad is the confession of smoking for the medical report if all other is fine?
Has anyone being rejected because of smoking?
Unfortunately I confessed to smoke 3-4 cigarettes a day by the medical examination.

Doesn't matter, all they care about are serious communicable diseases.

Hi everyone,

I guess I am a bit late here, but my CN allows:
2014EU00041XXX
I was feeling kindof lonely before finding out about this.
Just to be sure, are you guys filing under AOS or Consular Processing?
Is this thread for both or just Consular Processing.

I am already in the US, under F1 visa and hopefully soon H1B.
I just sent the forms to the KCC by email, and still hesitating between CP in France and AOS...
Any advice here?

Anyway, thanks to those who opened this topic and bring answers. Also, kudos to the accurate forecasters :)
Good luck everyone

- Tom

Hi everyone,

2014EU00041XXX

I just sent the forms to the KCC by email, and still hesitating between CP in France and AOS...
Any advice here?

Anyway, thanks to those who opened this topic and bring answers. Also, kudos to the accurate forecasters :)
Good luck everyone

- Tom
Hello this topic is for all the european winners no matter if is AOS or CP . I am under CP. I wish you luck.:cool:

Hi everyone,

2014EU00041XXX

Any advice here?

Good luck everyone

- Tom

Look IMO you rather go CP ! Because of your high CN, and f1 visa to do AOS is bit risky if you dont get H1b at the right time !
You should post also on AOS only thread people will guide you there and specialy som1mom.
She will tell you exactly what to do..... Good luck tom

Hello!

Is there someone can call KCC because KCC has started giving out NUMBERS...??

Nigeria VB is 13,500.