• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

Another high EU CN

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum but have been reading these posts for a while. I am a DV 2014 selectee with a very high number 2014EU00051xxx. I am thinking that my case may become current only in August 2014 (based on last year) and was just wondering if anyone ever heard about a successful case/story with such a high CN number? Perhaps anyone from last year? I am just trying to understand if I stand any chance in getting GC...

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum but have been reading these posts for a while. I am a DV 2014 selectee with a very high number 2014EU00051xxx. I am thinking that my case may become current only in August 2014 (based on last year) and was just wondering if anyone ever heard about a successful case/story with such a high CN number? Perhaps anyone from last year? I am just trying to understand if I stand any chance in getting GC...

That is as you say a high number. I think there is a strong chance that EU will not go current in September (and certainly not in August), so interview in August is unlikely - IF you do get an interview it would only be in September. However, I think there is a low chance that you will get an interview at all - purely because there are more selectees than needed this year.

Best of luck to you!

most likely in September.
That is as you say a high number. I think there is a strong chance that EU will not go current in September (and certainly not in August), so interview in August is unlikely - IF you do get an interview it would only be in September. However, I think there is a low chance that you will get an interview at all - purely because there are more selectees than needed this year.

Best of luck to you!
this probability is. I'm glad.:)

Thanks Britsimons and Sloner for you fast replies. Yes, I know that my chances are small, that's why I was wondering if anyone have ever heard about similar cases (from last years) that ended up "happily" and people got their GC ;)?

Thanks Britsimons and Sloner for you fast replies. Yes, I know that my chances are small, that's why I was wondering if anyone have ever heard about similar cases (from last years) that ended up "happily" and people got their GC ;)?

I think people were just as worried and stressed in previous years and generally most people got their interview ( Iran was cut off early in September last year). However, this year they invited 30% more selectees with no increase in available visas so that creates a different situation.

this year they invited 30% more selectees with no increase in available visas so that creates a different situation.
hi Simon
total number of winners was increased at 30% , but EU was increased at 40% . it also reduces EU chances

,, anybody knows how many winners was selected in oct 2012 (additional draw) and how many was EU among them?
will be thankful for reply

hi Simon
total number of winners was increased at 30% , but EU was increased at 40% . it also reduces EU chances

,, anybody knows how many winners was selected in oct 2012 (additional draw) and how many was EU among them?
will be thankful for reply

That may be true - although I believe it signals a slight increase in quota for EU region, relative to other regions.

In 2012, I think around 10k extra were invited - the original draw was only 100k.

That may be true - although I believe it signals a slight increase in quota for EU region, relative to other regions.

In 2012, I think around 10k extra were invited - the original draw was only 100k.
i said in october 2012 , that means DV2013
in DV2013 originaly was selected 105,6 winners , and it is very interesting to me , how many additionally were selected in october 2012 for dv2013 , and especially how many of them are EU. because it changes all statistics
Look , if it was more 10K selected , ( they said some people slected in oct 2012 have letters with mentioned 115K winners for dv2013)
in this case number of winners in dv2013 is 115,6K
if so lets check how much was increased 141/115,6= 22% . so increase is just 22%
in dv 2013 EU winners was 31,3% of total winners . 33045/105600 = 31,3%
so if we accept that 31,3% of additionally selected in october were EU numbers it gives us more 3130 winners .
lets assume
33045(main game) + 3130(october game) = 36174 winners of EU, they took 16619visas . 36174/16619= 2,18 winners took 1 visa
and final manipulation to see what case number for 2014 is similar to all succesful 36174 in 2013.
lets check holes . 46580 real winners devide into 54000 max number for EU = just 86,25% of 54K max number are real cases (not holes)
so 36174/86,25% * 100% = 41940 . if we take everything, like it was in 2013 the number EU 42K must be ok .

need to continue?(((((((((((

Last edited by a moderator:
i said in october 2012 , that means DV2013
in DV2013 originaly was selected 105,6 winners , and it is very interesting to me , how many additionally were selected in october 2012 for dv2013 , and especially how many of them are EU. because it changes all statistics
Look , if it was more 10K selected , ( they said some people slected in oct 2012 have letters with mentioned 115K winners for dv2013)
in this case number of winners in dv2013 is 115,6K
if so lets check how much was increased 141/115,6= 22% . so increase is just 22%
in dv 2013 EU winners was 31,3% of total winners . 33045/105600 = 31,3%
so if we accept that 31,3% of additionally selected in october were EU numbers it gives us more 3130 winners .
lets assume
33045(main game) + 3130(october game) = 36174 winners of EU, they took 16619visas . 36174/16619= 2,18 winners took 1 visa
and final manipulation to see what case number for 2014 is similar to all succesful 36174 in 2013.
lets check holes . 46580 real winners devide into 54000 max number for EU = just 86,25% of 54K max number are real cases (not holes)
so 36174/86,25% * 100% = 41940 . if we take everything, like it was in 2013 the number EU 42K must be ok .

need to continue?(((((((((((

OK - DV2013 had 5k extra selectees - around 1500 for EU. Raevsky has mentioned those numbers.

As for the holes calculation, only the principal selectee has the CN - the derivatives are attached to those cases. So - there are more holes, and the distribution of holes is not even throughout the whole range (because limited countries create more holes once they hit the 6k limit).

OK - DV2013 had 5k extra selectees - around 1500 for EU. Raevsky has mentioned those numbers.

As for the holes calculation, only the principal selectee has the CN - the derivatives are attached to those cases. So - there are more holes, and the distribution of holes is not even throughout the whole range (because limited countries create more holes once they hit the 6k limit).
yes , you are right about holes , but i've heard that it october winners received number 115K winners in their first NL.
i will check it tomorrow once again

Green Cards by country

Hello All,

I am just wondering if there is a way to find out how many green cards have been already issued to a specific country?

Thanks

Hello All,

I am just wondering if there is a way to find out how many green cards have been already issued to a specific country?

Thanks

You mean visas. You only get the green card when you land ;)
This has been discussed in the CEAC data threads... Although the data is by consulate not country of chargeability. Those precise details ate only available after fiscal year end.

lost my e mail account is that a problem for reducing my chances

Hi everyone i am a dv 2014 lottery winner of first phase waiting for the second phase but i have a problem :confused: .My e mail account is closed so i do not own it anymore. Is that a problem for the second phase. What should i do open a new one but how KCC will contact my if win the second chance. Please if u have any information about this tell me :( Thank you

Hi everyone i am a dv 2014 lottery winner of first phase waiting for the second phase but i have a problem :confused: .My e mail account is closed so i do not own it anymore. Is that a problem for the second phase. What should i do open a new one but how KCC will contact my if win the second chance. Please if u have any information about this tell me :( Thank you

It doesn't really matter. When your number is current they send you an email but all it says is the check the ESC website where you saw your selected letter. The appointment details are there... so not having the email doesn't matter.

High EU CN numb

Hey guys new to this forum my CN is
2014EU00042xxx, im kind of unsure of the process but do these numbers expire come sept or is there still a possibility that we could be called for an interview after then (sept), also anyone have a predicted date that should be called for it????
Goin out of my mind waitin!!!!
Thanks

Hey guys new to this forum my CN is
2014EU00042xxx, im kind of unsure of the process but do these numbers expire come sept or is there still a possibility that we could be called for an interview after then (sept), also anyone have a predicted date that should be called for it????
Goin out of my mind waitin!!!!
Thanks

The DV2014 numbers all epire on September 30th, 2014. If you haven't been interviewed/approved by then, there is no chance of getting it later.

Your number is at the high end of the range for EU. There is a chance the global cutoff will occur before your number is called, but you are just within the range that I think could have a chance. You will not get your interview any earlier than September - so the August visa bulletin (published in mid July) is when you will find out whether your number will get a chance of an interview. Fingers crossed for you.

My number is 2014EU00042.

Does it sound like I won't get it?

Thanks

Uhm...your number is just 42? If you are 42, then oh boy, you better get your butt moving and read all the correct procedures, as you have to apply ASAP! Make sure to read all the necessary steps first (there is an AOS ONLY 2014 thread). Will you be doing an AOS or CP?

Are you sure your number is 42 and not 42000 or some other number?!

If it's indeed just 42, then I'm almost certain that you will get it, given that you do not have any violations of any sort and etc.

I have no experience with embassies.
Has anyone an idea about appropriate dress on the interview day?
Business like (suit-tie-shirt) or easy like (jeans with pullover).
I am certain that dressing will have no effect on consulates decision.
I just don’t want to feel over or under dressed.