• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

hello Britsimon,are applying for DV-2015 green card lottery? I want to know if you are applying,having a high number, because my number in high as well and I want to know if this is allowed, to apply again even If I am selected for DV-2014 fiscal year.thanks.
Agreed. In one way or another we (new LPRs) will be footing the bill for the debt issue that we didn't "enjoy".

It has happened in California by the way. A couple of years ago California elected a new governor. Before then California was bankrupt with a huge debt and deficit. Since Jerry Brown came to power he has raised taxes and cut services - and hey presto the budget is now balanced...

That is what the US will ultimately have to do - raise taxes and cut services - and guess who is signing up to pay those higher taxes and receive less services...

Another factor that determines the number of total visas issued I think is how many dependents each CN brings along, as the more dependents there are the less successful total case numbers. I recall having read somewhere that the average visas per CN is 1.6 but I could be wrong.

Yes 1.6 is the global average, some regions have far more...

hello Britsimon,are applying for DV-2015 green card lottery? I want to know if you are applying,having a high number, because my number in high as well and I want to know if this is allowed, to apply again even If I am selected for DV-2014 fiscal year.thanks.

Yes I am going to apply for DV2015 and there is no issue in doing so.

Your number really is not high at all. Even the most pessimistic estimates indicate your number will be fine - however, it still is good insurance to enter DV2015.

thanks Britsimon.
Yes I am going to apply for DV2015 and there is no issue in doing so.

Your number really is not high at all. Even the most pessimistic estimates indicate your number will be fine - however, it still is good insurance to enter DV2015.

Well we might all be I for a rude awakening see following on the looming government shut down. While it is true visa services are funded by fees it is also true that these services depend on the cooperation of other branches of government

"The Department of State (DOS) is expected to to cease non-emergency visa services and non-US citizen services at U.S. Consular Posts abroad. As a result, no new visas are expected to be issued and visa application interviews are likely to be cancelled (or postponed). U.S. passport applications will not be accepted and processing of submitted applications is likely to be put on hold.

As a comparison, according to data from the Congressional Research Service Report, during the last shutdown in 1995, approximately 20,000 – 30,000 visas went unprocessed each day and 200,000 applications for U.S. passports went unprocessed.

It is unknown at this point, however, whether the November 2013 Visa Bulletin, which is expected to be issued in early October by the Department of State, will be affected. Many of our readers are eagerly expecting each Visa Bulletin."

Hello Eucn, what's the source of this?
Today I've found this info, on http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/01/not-everything-shuts-down-in-shutdown/ :

"Except for some potential glitches, passport and visas will be handled as usual, both at home and abroad."

Asking for my best friend, EU20xxx, and I'm more exciting than she is :cool:
I can see interview is going to happen next year Jan/April
But
When you, guys, are expecting emial to confirm interview?

When you, guys, are expecting emial to confirm interview?

I think it's usually between 4 to 6 weeks prior to the actual interview, so your friend will have time to organize police certificates and get the medical exam done etc. Some people prefer to apply for their police certs prior to receiving the invitation to the interview, as some authorities may take longer than that.

Yes I know, but where to look for not-biased media? That's why I asked for the source.

Three major US Corporations own the media in the US. So, I tend to take them all with a grain of salt. I do, like Al Jazeera, now they're pretty badass and show all the graphic images.

First notification letter re adjustment of status but outside the US

I have just received an email from KCC with Adjustment of Status letter (I sent one form to adjust status in June as I was present in the US at that time).
Due to some circumstances I had to leave the US on 2 August and I sent TWO forms on 1st August (before leaving US) and explanatory letter that I am leaving the US and will proceed outside the US.
In mid-September I inquired KCC about the status of my case (my CN EU0000554*). They replied that FORMS (plural) were received and please allow few weeks to process.
Now they sent me an Adjustment of Status letter.
I DONT UNDERSTAND ANYTHING. Please help me! Will they email me again with an interview date later? or do I need to contact them? have no idea what to ask!!
Any ideas? thank you!

I think it's usually between 4 to 6 weeks prior to the actual interview, so your friend will have time to organize police certificates and get the medical exam done etc. Some people prefer to apply for their police certs prior to receiving the invitation to the interview, as some authorities may take longer than that.

Tnx, and goodl luck to everybody

I have just received an ......

Call them to clarify your status. I've called KCC once and after a long wait in the queue (40 mins) I was finally able to talk to a very helpful officer. Be prepared to provide all the info they may need (case numbers, etc).

Yes, DOS tries to open new consulates where possible. Latvia and Lithuania are now processed in Riga and Vilnus, correspondingly, not in Warsaw any more.
Several years ago Ukraine was also processed in Warsaw. Not any more.

Vilnus and Riga now do process DV. And they did not do it a year ago. THe same is true about tallinn, but a year ago, I believe, hELsinki did the job for EStonia.

DEAR WINNERS,

Please contact Kentucky by email or phone to MAKE SURE that they DO HAVE YOUR FORMS!
I have posted forms 122 & 230 (with tracked delivery) in August and have persons name and signature who received my post and NOW they claim that they DID NOT RECEIVE the forms ! Please dont be afraid and contact them!
Imagine HOW MANY people will loose their Green Cards, because Kentucky Consulate simply throws your forms away!
ALWAYS DOUBLE check with them!
Wish you luck people !!! :)

I am in communication with KCC by emails, now they claim that they did not receive my forms diregarding the fact that I have a signed confirmation of receipt and persons name who signed for my forms ...
Seems they are throwing away selectees forms !