• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

I think in that scenario you would want to have an affidavit ready to say that your money is going to be used to support you both. I would imagine many COs wouldn't even question that (since you are a married couple), but it would be worth having just in case.
thanks.

Yes there is always a chance. Don't give up just based on what I or anyone else says. I just want you to be informed...

The reason I think there will be some people missing out this year is the number of additional selectees this year. Normally they select around 105000 winners. This year they selected 140000. We don't know why, but if nothing else has changed then 140k is more than they need. So if some people are destined to lose out, it will be hthe highest numbers - although where the axe falls we cant be sure.

Thanks Britsimon,I dont`t give up, is not my style :) I was curious why you think so,that why I asked to hear other opinions.
I saw someone in the forum,his CN was EU78XXX,and had interview in September,can not find exactly where I saw it.
But the point is that anything is possible.
Where have you seen that are 140K selected? I know they selected 125k.

Thanks Britsimon,I dont`t give up, is not my style :) I was curious why you think so,that why I asked to hear other opinions.
I saw someone in the forum,his CN was EU78XXX,and had interview in September,can not find exactly where I saw it.
But the point is that anything is possible.
Where have you seen that are 140K selected? I know they selected 125k.

I've never seen the EU78XXX number - sounds more like an AF number.

The selectee letters state there were 125k winners and for a long time we were thinking there had been an increase from the normal 105k to 125k - that helped explain some of the larger ranges we were seeing. However the September visa bulletin clearly states they have selected "approximately 140,660". That is in section F at the bottom of the bulletin. That is where they also state that this was done to "insure" (meaning ensure) the quota would be used up.

Anybody knows what annotation means in connection with birtcertificate?

Person's date of birth;
Person's place of birth;
Names of both parents; and,
Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.

Anybody knows what annotation means in connection with birtcertificate?

Person's date of birth;
Person's place of birth;
Names of both parents; and,
Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.

Just means a printed statement. Mine literally says something like "this is an official extract from the official records". That statement is an annotation.

hello

Hi all,

Just joined this forum and wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm Alex, living for the moment in Bucharest, Romania. I work in some high-tech industry and should relocate to USA soon based on just issued H1B visa. I've been selected in DV 2104 program, my case number being 2014EU00030XXX (dangerously high I would say).

And, FYI, this is a history of visa bulletins for Europe, before the status becoming "current" in the next month:

2013: July 33000
2012: May 40000
2011: July 33000
2010: July 32000
2009: June 28000
2008: July 29000
2007: July 23000
2006: August 16000
2005: September 20500
2004: September 28700
2003: September 39100
2002: July 19000
2001: August 28000
2000: September 21030
1999: September 25100

Good Luck to everyone!

I've been selected in DV 2104 program, my case number being 2014EU00030XXX (dangerously high I would say).

Nah, it's not too high...you'll definitely be getting an interview based on your CN...my best guess is Jun 2104, i.e. 91 years from now :(

Kidding aside...if you meant DV2014...it should be Jun 2014.

Hi all,

Just joined this forum and wanted to say hello and introduce myself. I'm Alex, living for the moment in Bucharest, Romania. I work in some high-tech industry and should relocate to USA soon based on just issued H1B visa. I've been selected in DV 2104 program, my case number being 2014EU00030XXX (dangerously high I would say).

And, FYI, this is a history of visa bulletins for Europe, before the status becoming "current" in the next month:

2013: July 33000
2012: May 40000
2011: July 33000
2010: July 32000
2009: June 28000
2008: July 29000
2007: July 23000
2006: August 16000
2005: September 20500
2004: September 28700
2003: September 39100
2002: July 19000
2001: August 28000
2000: September 21030
1999: September 25100

Good Luck to everyone!

Welcome Alex - similar story here (although still waiting on my H1). I expect you to be current in May. I assume you would do AOS - so you should get ready to start that process in March/April...

Nah, it's not too high...you'll definitely be getting an interview based on your CN...my best guess is Jun 2104, i.e. 91 years from now :(

Kidding aside...if you meant DV2014...it should be Jun 2014.

Haha, sorry for the typo. :) I don't know what to say, according to some guy here (raevsky) and also accordig to https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx , such CNs are not that sure... Is also what I understand from the explanations in visa bulletins: even if your number becomes current, there is no guarantee that the interview will be scheduled. Or maybe I'm wrong, I wish to...

re

Welcome Alex - similar story here (although still waiting on my H1). I expect you to be current in May. I assume you would do AOS - so you should get ready to start that process in March/April...

Hello britsimon,

Well, I don't know what to say about AOS... USCIS is known to move slower than consulates, since they also have to deal with all cases for all kinds of visas, H1, L, etc. I guess is safer to stick with the consular processing (although it will cost you a trip back to your country), especially when you have large CN, but I still have to investigate this path (haven't had time, as I focused lately on H1). I also plan for EB visa with my employer if the DV won't prove to be lucky.

Good luck with your H visa.

Haha, sorry for the typo. :) I don't know what to say, according to some guy here (raevsky) and also accordig to https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx , such CNs are not that sure... Is also what I understand from the explanations in visa bulletins: even if your number becomes current, there is no guarantee that the interview will be scheduled. Or maybe I'm wrong, I wish to...

Raevsky estimates the EU cutoff at between 32k and 38k this year.

Hello britsimon,

Well, I don't know what to say about AOS... USCIS is known to move slower than consulates, since they also have to deal with all cases for all kinds of visas, H1, L, etc. I guess is safer to stick with the consular processing (although it will cost you a trip back to your country), especially when you have large CN, but I still have to investigate this path (haven't had time, as I focused lately on H1). I also plan for EB visa with my employer if the DV won't prove to be lucky.

Good luck with your H visa.

Thanks for the luck. You are correct about CP vs AOS - the latter generally being slower. I would not want to be starting AOS in August, but May (especially with an early submission of the papers) isn't too bad.

CP though is somewhat safer although won't just involve one quick trip. You have to do the medicals prior to the interview so that can create a need for two trips or one long trip - and of course you have to wait to get the passport back after the interview.

re

I have to find my time and study this AOS path because many things aren't clear to me. Such as, when AOS, should USCIS wait for my DV2014 case number to become current and only then schedule an interview (the same procedure as CP)? I'll post the results of my searches if the info is not already here.

I have to find my time and study this AOS path because many things aren't clear to me. Such as, when AOS, should USCIS wait for my DV2014 case number to become current and only then schedule an interview (the same procedure as CP)? I'll post the results of my searches if the info is not already here.

There is a memo that states you can submit your aos paperwork once the VB announces your number will be current in the following month. However, the interview will happen only when the number is actually current.

There are a couple of threads here with a HUGE amount of AOS info. There is also a spreadsheet with the process, forms to submit and so on. You will find you will be adopted by "Sm1smom" (as long as you are polite!) and she and others will guide you...

Check out this thread http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?557035-DV-2014-AOS-Only

The 2013 version also has lots of info.
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?548095-DV-2013-AOS-Only