• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Dv 2014 european winers here

My CN is 49*** and applied as a family. Based on the trend in the Oct bulletin, when am I likely going to get a 2NL callup?
Reading the post from the beginning has been scary and I want to know if I stand a chance to be called for an interview

Cheers

My CN is 49*** and applied as a family. Based on the trend in the Oct bulletin, when am I likely going to get a 2NL callup?
Reading the post from the beginning has been scary and I want to know if I stand a chance to be called for an interview

Cheers

Keeeem,

In reading your other posts I think you may be from an African country - is that correct? It sounds like you mistakenly chose Italy as your country of chargeability. If that is the case then you will most likely be disqualified. Additionally your case number (an EU number I am assuming) is very high so you would not get an interview until very late in the process - and it is likely that all the visas would be exhausted by then - in which case you would not get a visa. I'm sorry Keeeem it does not look good for you. There is another lottery next year, you should enter again...

In reading your other posts I think you may be from an African country - is that correct? It sounds like you mistakenly chose Italy as your country of chargeability. If that is the case then you will most likely be disqualified. Additionally your case number (an EU number I am assuming) is very high so you would not get an interview until very late in the process - and it is likely that all the visas would be exhausted by then - in which case you would not get a visa. I'm sorry Keeeem it does not look good for you. There is another lottery next year, you should enter again...
lie, please, do not go for Raevskii
Cheers
maybe your interview in July-September.

lie, please, do not go for Raevskii

maybe your interview in July-September.

Sloner, I don't really appreciate your comment that my information is a lie - I have no reason to lie to anyone - and what the heck has my reply got to do with raevsky.

If you read Keeeems posts you will see that he has made a mistake in his edv entry that will probably be disqualifying.

In addition his number is very high in a year when there are more selectees than any recent year, so unless there is an unprecented number of failures or abandoned entries, there must be some winners who will be disappointed. I wish keeeem no I'll will, so I am sad for him but he has asked for advice/opinion about his situation so that is what I have given.

He may choose to believe your opinion if he wishes...

Sloner, I don't really appreciate your comment that my information is a lie - I have no reason to lie to anyone - and what the heck has my reply got to do with raevsky.

If you read Keeeems posts you will see that he has made a mistake in his edv entry that will probably be disqualifying.

In addition his number is very high in a year when there are more selectees than any recent year, so unless there is an unprecented number of failures or abandoned entries, there must be some winners who will be disappointed. I wish keeeem no I'll will, so I am sad for him but he has asked for advice/opinion about his situation so that is what I have given.

He may choose to believe your opinion if he wishes...

Simon. I will rather keep quiet and not dignify you with an answer. It is unfortunate you have decided to jump to conclusion on what you do not have information about. Other people have given helpful hints to me and I am convinced I am in order.

My advice is that on public forums like this, you should watch those things you say to other people.

Simon. I will rather keep quiet and not dignify you with an answer. It is unfortunate you have decided to jump to conclusion on what you do not have information about. Other people have given helpful hints to me and I am convinced I am in order.

My advice is that on public forums like this, you should watch those things you say to other people.

Ok if my understanding is incorrect then that is good news, but to be clear it was based on comments you have posted and I have tried to clarify with you. Good luck.

In case the number EU49xxx becomes current (that I do not believe could be the case) you would be scheduled an interview. At the interview you could provide a proof you could be chargeable to a EU country. If that is Ukraine or Uzbekistan, you might have additional problems.

I do not like here is the proposal
Additionally your case number (an EU number I am assuming) is very high so you would not get an interview until very late in the process - and it is likely that all the visas would be exhausted by then - in which case you would not get a visa.
where is the proof? no one was cited, then this idle speculation

Hi guys,

What are the chances that CN EU10xxx belonging to Uzbekistan will not be current/will not be interviewed?

Also, can anyone please clarify what are the problems with Uzbekistan (and Ukraine)?

One last question - when will the bulletin for November be published? mid September or mid October?

Thank you, and good luck to you all!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello people! Congratulations to all winners !
I am from Bulgaria with CN 48xxx.
Good luck to all! :)
Best regards!

Hi guys,

What are the chances that CN EU10xxx belonging to Uzbekistan will not be current/will not be interviewed?

Also, can anyone please clarify what are the problems with Uzbekistan (and Ukraine)?

One last question - when will the bulletin for November be published? mid September or mid October?

Thank you, and good luck to you all!

September bulletin will have advanced notification for November in it

traveling to the US whilst on DV

There has been some silly drama in this forum over the last few days - something possibly unavoidable with people from so many cultures all trying to communicate in a language that is not always their first language AND with all the added complication of an internet forum where it is hard to tell the "tone" of a persons' comments. Generally though there is a lot of VERY good information available here, along with the normal thing of people that believe in Santa Claus. :)

By the way, your translation of "sensible" is incorrect - you mean sensitive. That is an example of how things can get mistaken here. You might say I am not very "sensible" and I will hear you saying that I am not very "raisonnable".

I'm British, based in London. MY wife is from Spain which is how we were able to enter the lottery (UK being excluded). Like you I have experience of being in the States before - I was commuting there regularly (every two weeks) for several years, so I know what to expect. I'll probably be moving to the States this winter on an H1 visa (currently being processed) so the GC will be useful for me to avoid the hassle and costs of a employment based GC later on.

Hi Britsimon,

I would reckon you have replied to my post before. Likewise, I am a DV 2014 Selectee based in London, however, I come from Turkmenistan, but my CN still shows EU instead of AS. Highlighting the fact that you said you would be moving to the states on the H1 Visa whilst still being in process for the DV. Hence, I was wondering if it is OK to apply for other visas such as B2 which is a tourist visa, whilst still being in the process. I have got a family in LA, I used to be a foreign exchange student and had stayed with them for one year before. Do you think there is a risk when applying for a tourist visa?

I visited LA last year and stayed there for 4 weeks, then checked my status in May this year, and realised i got selected, otherwise I was planning to travel to LA again this summer, but didnt give it a try because thought it was risky, and dont really know whether their database is integrated in case they granted me a tourist visa, I would know what would homeland security do at the port of entry.

What is your opinion to that?

Cheers,

Harry

Hi Britsimon,

I would reckon you have replied to my post before. Likewise, I am a DV 2014 Selectee based in London, however, I come from Turkmenistan, but my CN still shows EU instead of AS. Highlighting the fact that you said you would be moving to the states on the H1 Visa whilst still being in process for the DV. Hence, I was wondering if it is OK to apply for other visas such as B2 which is a tourist visa, whilst still being in the process. I have got a family in LA, I used to be a foreign exchange student and had stayed with them for one year before. Do you think there is a risk when applying for a tourist visa?

I visited LA last year and stayed there for 4 weeks, then checked my status in May this year, and realised i got selected, otherwise I was planning to travel to LA again this summer, but didnt give it a try because thought it was risky, and dont really know whether their database is integrated in case they granted me a tourist visa, I would know what would homeland security do at the port of entry.

What is your opinion to that?

Cheers,

Harry

The issue is that applying for the lottery process (submitting the 122/230 forms) shows intent to immigrate. That can cause issues for temporary visas where the premise is that you are not planning to stay permanently. So - you mind find your B2 visa is denied OR that you get refused entry. There may be a way to demonstrate that your intentions are to leave - others here may have an opinion about that. I don't know enough about it to say for sure.

Dear All -

I am new to this forum, but I was wondering: it seem that everyone is linking the CN number to the chances of getting a visa. However, I don't necessarily see that link. If, let's say, people with smaller CNs - like 00010xxx, for example, never go through with the process, I don't think the processing center will just wait until the earlier CN's apply or not and thus diminish the chances of those of us with higher CNs. Maybe it is just wishful thinking, but it seems to me that this practice on the behalf of the KCC would be somewhat illogical.

Thanks for your comments!

Where do you come from?

If it DV 2014 Process is believed to be different from all the other ones, then they simply wouldn't provide 55,000 available CNs for European Union this year. However, I'm not too sure about country (state) chargeability. What I mean by that is you may simply stay in EU, but could be a citizen of another country. Moreover, considering all the holes, there is definitely a chance for all the CNs to have an interview, it just all depends on your situation and history, and that where they decide. The reason I replied to your thread is because we share a similar CN number. I am in 51XXX as well.

Now, I guess it just all depends on the number of visas a certain country can get, for example i come from a central asian country and from what Ive seen earlier today in the threads that my country had about 216 visas granted to the winners.

Now some of these statements are assumptions, however some are facts, but we just need to be ready.
Good luck to you! I'm glad you shared your post!

Moreover, considering all the holes, there is definitely a chance for all the CNs to have an interview, it just all depends on your situation and history, and that where they decide.
How should that work with an 40% increase of winners in Europe? Even with cut-offs for certain countries, I can't see any possible way to get everyone a visa.

Last edited by a moderator:
The issue is that applying for the lottery process (submitting the 122/230 forms) shows intent to immigrate. That can cause issues for temporary visas where the premise is that you are not planning to stay permanently. So - you mind find your B2 visa is denied OR that you get refused entry. There may be a way to demonstrate that your intentions are to leave - others here may have an opinion about that. I don't know enough about it to say for sure.

Thanks Britsimon! I mean, it is obviously not reasonable to do as may evoke some doubts from their side. Will not try doing that then

How should that work with an 40% increase of winners in Europe? Even with cut-offs for certain countries, I can't see any way possible way to get everyone a visa.

True, there are not as many visas available as there are CNs, consequently the candidates may all have their interviews, but some are better qualified than others, and I'd say that's when they decide whether to grant the right candidate a visa or not depending on various factors.

Qualification doesn't matter only case number. If you have the Interview and you meet the requirements you'll get the visa.

just an info for everyone who sent papers to KCC, at a moment they are processing all cases for wich they received documents till june 10th. i was anxious so i made my sister call KCC, they received our papers on june 17th and lady said to call them in begining of september.

Processing is going soo slow. I've sent mine on June 13th as I understand it is not processed yet. :(

just an info for everyone who sent papers to KCC, at a moment they are processing all cases for wich they received documents till june 10th. i was anxious so i made my sister call KCC, they received our papers on june 17th and lady said to call them in begining of september.