• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friends! It's been more than 2 weeks now since I got the NOA by mail, and still did not get my fingerprint appointment;( I see many of you got it in 3-4 days after u got the NOA. I am getting a little nervous about that...

After stumbling across thes google sheet instructions for AOS I am now feeling very distressed that I didn't find these instructions sooner. I went through a lawyer who has been disastrous. I relied on her which was a major mistake.

C1984, get da heck off this forum and go get your GC. Scoot off!! :rolleyes:

lol .......... all the best with the interview.

Hi friends! It's been more than 2 weeks now since I got the NOA by mail, and still did not get my fingerprint appointment;( I see many of you got it in 3-4 days after u got the NOA. I am getting a little nervous about that...

There's no set number of days/weeks, that I'm aware of between when the acceptance notification and the bio letter is received. I understand the tendency to begin to get worried when things are not happening exactly like it did for a few, do relax. Some have had to wait for close to a month or so before getting the bio letter, your's should be arriving soon too.

After stumbling across thes google sheet instructions for AOS I am now feeling very distressed that I didn't find these instructions sooner. I went through a lawyer who has been disastrous. I relied on her which was a major mistake.

Shake off the distressed feelings and take charge of your future. Take control of the process now that you know what to do.

There's no set number of days/weeks, that I'm aware of between when the acceptance notification and the bio letter is received. I understand the tendency to begin to get worried when things are not happening exactly like it did for a few, do relax. Some have had to wait for close to a month or so before getting the bio letter, your's should be arriving soon too.

Thanks mom for encourage, and just being in this forum)) hopefully I will get it soon!
Good luck for those having interview soon!!!

Like I was mentioning earlier, I am planning to get a statement from my bank in my country. Is it sufficient if the letter states that my parents will be able to support my living and education expenses? Or should it include anything specific?

If that is the case, I'm afraid AOS is out of the question for you. You have to been in status as at the time your I-485 application is received and accepted by USCIS. If you will be out of status in June and you send in your package in July, I think you will just be wasting your money, and could be triggering a deportation proceeding to be initiated against you.

Thank u Sm1smom, I understand what u saying but if I send package on June afraid to get it back because I won,t be courant until August or sept .... So scary guys

We didn't,t get any answer , does any body has this experience before, at the time of interview you out of status ,

You should be in status at the time your I-485 is accepted. After that, even if your existing status expires, you will be on "Pending Adjustment of Status" status, which is OK.

s6656 was in this situation.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=2668576#post2668576

He was in status at the time of acceptance but his L1 expired before the interview. His interview was successful.

Thank u Sm1smom, I understand what u saying but if I send package on June afraid to get it back because I won,t be courant until August or sept .... So scary guys

And that's why I stated that AOS is out of the question for you. If you send in the package before the VB indicates when your CN becomes current, it will most likely be rejected and returned to you. You should seriously consider doing CP. A major requirement of AOS is for the applicant to be in status as at the time the application is officially received and accepted by USCIS.

As a matter of fact even if an applicant gets a confirmed delivery from the courier company that delivered the package a couple of days before their status expires, for as long as USCIS has not issued the acceptance notification, the applicant is considered out of status.

And that's why I stated that AOS is out of the question for you. If you send in the package before the VB indicates when your CN becomes current, it will most likely be rejected and returned to you. You should seriously consider doing CP. A major requirement of AOS is for the applicant to be in status as at the time the application is officially received and accepted by USCIS.

As a matter of fact even if an applicant gets a confirmed delivery from the courier company that delivered the package a couple of days before their status expires, for as long as USCIS has not issued the acceptance notification, the applicant is considered out of status.

Do you remember the sudanees thread moms? Thats why i suggested canada for CP? :(
If vive maroc can get a tourist visa for canada 3 months he might schedule his interview there since sudanees have their interview in egypt may ne he can in canada !?since no rules states the oposite !?
Im just trying to help hope there is a happy end for his case ......

Update & Question on the Regs

I called USCIS today -again!- to follow up on the inquiry I opened regarding lack of update for my case. I was forwarded to a 'senior' officer who was very rude to me. She said the office was correct to tell me that they have until September to process the case, and that once I'm in the US my priority number does not matter. I told her that cannot be true and doesn't make sense and she started being snappy with me and said that if I can locate a piece of regulation that indicates that DV lottery cases should be given priority over other cases I should print that out and take it to the FO. She said that kind of document does not exists.

So just for the heck of it, I'm going to actually search for such regulation. Please do let me know if you know where I can find this info. It may be true that this info does not exist, but if it does I want to find it.

iel.hoss, anything from your representative? nothing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.