• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello Dear friends my case number is 2014AF00003*** .I didn't apply till now.Because the fee that i sent to st. Luis Missouri didn't come.I tried to contact the local USCIS office through infopass it is not working.Anyone can help am still eligible to apply with B2 visa? can i have a chance to adjust my status? my visa is gone expire within two months. only 58 days left.All things seems to stuck.Anyone can help me how to make fast the U.S. state department to send my fee that i send for diversity visa lottery.Do u think am gone able to make it?

Did you use a money order or cashier's check? Did you track it to see if it's been cleared?

I remember that somebody else in this thread was doing AOS while being on a temporary visa. He said he had the blessing of USCIS that he could go ahead and do AOS.

You only have to go through 81 pages to find his posts :)

hello Dear friends my case number is 2014AF00003*** .I didn't apply till now.Because the fee that i sent to st. Luis Missouri didn't come.I tried to contact the local USCIS office through infopass it is not working.Anyone can help am still eligible to apply with B2 visa? can i have a chance to adjust my status? my visa is gone expire within two months. only 58 days left.All things seems to stuck.Anyone can help me how to make fast the U.S. state department to send my fee that i send for diversity visa lottery.Do u think am gone able to make it?

Just noticed that on the timeline worksheet uwakings has indicated that they are on B1/B2.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqV9QL_-yUzJdDdvdFREMkNDeFNDVzFzblo2bkFYclE#gid=0

You may want to PM him.

Hello guys,

Earlier this month I told you on this thread that my wife (DV selectee) and I were going to send our AOS Package, even if we were current only in April.

That was 6 weeks before being current, and the result is: I received last night e-mails from Chicago LockBox telling me that my case was accepted, so it worked! They did accept our file more than 1 month in advance :)

However I still have a question for you: I received 6 e-mails from them with 6 receipt numbers to my e-mail address, my wife didn't receive any. When I check on USCIS website, these 6 receipt numbers correspond to two I485, two employment authorization and two travel document.

So it seems that they sent both of our "acceptance e-mails" only to MY e-mail address. For those of you in couple, did you experience the same things?

Thanks and good luck everyone ;)

DV PERM:

Good to hear this news. I hope that this is a sign of progress with USCIS in processing our cases!! Haven't you heard about the inquiry you had via phone?

iel.hoss,

Haven't heard back regarding the inquiry, but given that the files were requested from KCC it seems the field office has in fact started working on our cases. The target date for the inquiry is 2/26 (today), I'll give it until the end of next week (Mar 7) to follow up again, I also scheduled an InfoPass for Mar 12 just in case. Any word from the inquiry you opened with the representative?

Hello guys,

Earlier this month I told you on this thread that my wife (DV selectee) and I were going to send our AOS Package, even if we were current only in April.

That was 6 weeks before being current, and the result is: I received last night e-mails from Chicago LockBox telling me that my case was accepted, so it worked! They did accept our file more than 1 month in advance :)

However I still have a question for you: I received 6 e-mails from them with 6 receipt numbers to my e-mail address, my wife didn't receive any. When I check on USCIS website, these 6 receipt numbers correspond to two I485, two employment authorization and two travel document.

So it seems that they sent both of our "acceptance e-mails" only to MY e-mail address. For those of you in couple, did you experience the same things?

Can you tell when exactly they received your file? They got mine February 12th afternoon and I have not got anything from them. I'm like you current in April.

They received it on Tuesday the 18th, check my signature :)

I think you may contact them, here are the details on their website (google "uscis case inquiry" and click third link):

Contact Us

If you filed an application more than 10 days ago and have not received a receipt notice, or you do not understand why a Lockbox facility rejected your application, you can:

• Email us at Lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov. Include the form number, receipt number (if known), applicant name and mailing address. Do NOT include A-numbers or social security numbers in e-mails; or
  • Call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Hello guys,

Good news.

Another person reported that their case was accepted even earlier than 1 month before current. Mine, and for most others, was rejected though and I had to resend.

Notifications are all right. No worries.

Thanks c1984 for your answer.

We took the risk to have the file rejected, it was worth it :) Maybe now they understood that they can accept packages as soon as the case number is present in the VB, as described in the USCIS memo...

Hello guys,

Good for you! Congratulations. You're one of the fortunate ones. We're not trying to discourage people from sending in their packages more than 1 month in advance of when they're current, but we try to make them aware of the possibility of the package being returned or rejected as a noticeable number of people have experienced. As a matter of fact, some DV 2013 applicants also succeeded with sending in their packages earlier, while a vast majority were returned. So basically, a lot depends on the person that actually processes the application upon it's receipt.

Regarding the acceptance email/text messages, only the principal applicant receives them. Going by your signature though, it seems like your wife is the PA and you're the derivative, right? If yes, your wife should have received all the acceptance notices and not you. Oh well, USCIS is famous for screwing things up every now and then though :)

Hello guys,

Twiny41,
The same happened to us. I am the DV selectee, but they sent "acceptance" texts and e-mails only to my husband.

Regarding the acceptance email/text messages, only the principal applicant receives them. Going by your signature though, it seems like your wife is the PA and you're the derivative, right? If yes, your wife should have received all the acceptance notices and not you. Oh well, USCIS is famous for screwing things up every now and then though

Haha, OK thanks Sm1smom! Let's hope it's the only thing they will screw up in the process :)

The same happened to us. I am the DV selectee, but they sent "acceptance" texts and e-mails only to my husband.

Great, this is good to know, thanks! Where are you in the process now? Did that impact you for the following?

Maybe they simply send the notifications to the last file they process, which is most likely not the PA I guess...

They received it on Tuesday the 18th, check my signature :)

I think you may contact them, here are the details on their website (google "uscis case inquiry" and click third link):

I called them. The higher officer (whatever it means ;)) told me that my file is not in the system yet and that they have 30 days to process it. So if I will not receive anything in two weeks I should call them back

I called them. The higher officer (whatever it means ;)) told me that my file is not in the system yet and that they have 30 days to process it. So if I will not receive anything in two weeks I should call them back

I could have told you that this statement on USCIS' website "Contact Us If you filed an application more than 10 days ago and have not received a receipt notice" means absolutely nothing and saved you the trouble of calling and telling you the exact same thing, but I doubt you would have believed me.;)

For as long as the application hasn't been processed and captured in their system, there's nothing they can tell you over the phone. And of course once the application is processed and your information is captured in their system, you will be notified via text/email before you get the paper copy of the acceptance notice. Which makes calling redundant. So, it's more or less like that game of going round and round in a cycle :rolleyes:

I could have told you that this statement on USCIS' website "Contact Us If you filed an application more than 10 days ago and have not received a receipt notice" means absolutely nothing and saved you the trouble of calling and telling you the exact same thing, but I doubt you would have believed me.;)

For as long as the application hasn't been processed and captured in their system, there's nothing they can tell you over the phone. And of course once the application is processed and your information is captured in their system, you will be notified via text/email before you get the paper copy of the acceptance notice. Which makes calling redundant. So, it's more or less like that game of going round and round in a cycle :rolleyes:

Now you are telling me? ;))) I'm just kidding :))) we will see what will happen. Maybe because I called them they will notice my file

Now you are telling me? ;))) I'm just kidding :))) we will see what will happen. Maybe because I called them they will notice my file

Yeah, I know :p

Regarding their noticing your file, I wish! Sorry to burst your bubbles, but the folks who handle the processing at the Lockbox are different and far removed from those who answer phone inquiries.

Yeah, I know :p

Regarding their noticing your file, I wish! Sorry to burst your bubbles, but the folks who handle the processing at the Lockbox are different and far removed from those who answer phone inquiries.

Lets hope and wait...and hope and wait again...:)

Hello everyone! I am getting ready to file my I-485 package soon. I have a couple questions. I know some have already been answered but I want to make sure I got it right. I have dual citizenship but only have the passport for one them(which is the country where I was born and used for selection). For my other citizenship, I have a certificate written in the official language. 1) Can I have my mom translate it and have her sign the statement that says she's competent in that language? Can I do the same thing for the birth certificate?
Since I am an F-1 student and working under OPT, I don't have much money in my bank account therefore I can't use that as evidence. I was gonna have my parents ask for a letter from the bank that is paying for my education, a letter from my U.S. employer, and get a copy of my previous W-2s to include in the package. Also, I was thinking to ask an american friend to sign form I-134 just in case. 2) How much money does she need to be making? I was reading on the form that she'd need to perceive an income of $19387 for a household of 2. Does that mean that she would need to make at least 10K to sponsor me?(she's single and has no dependents). Do I have to submit this form with the I-485 package or can I just bring it with me to the interview in case they ask for more evidence?

Hi,
I had an interview today at 8 am. Arrived there 30 minutes earlier, went through security, and then waited until 8 am in a waiting area. The officer called my name and we went to her office. I took oath, she asked for the employer letter, passports - the old one (with visas, I-94) and the new one, went over I-485 and biographic form just verifying all of the information I put in those forms (line by line). She took away my I-94. Interview lasted about 15 minutes. At the end she gave me the letter "your case is being held for review". She said she cannot say "yes" or "approved" at the moment, but she did not see any problems with my case.
I received a notification email around 3 pm today with the case status change "card/document production".

I am really grateful to this forum for the information and advice. I was not participating, but read all of this thread and summary document is just fantastic!! Thank you!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.