• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they simply send the notifications to the last file they process, which is most likely not the PA I guess...

Hi Twiny41,

Sm1smom is right (as always :)), they should send NOA to the principal applicant. I have noticed that you married after the selection. We also got married after I found out that I am selectee. Maybe this is some sort of test for newlyweds :). I hope, they did not consider our applications as marriage based. At the biometrics appointment, the officer asked who is our sponsor for GC and we explained that this is DV Lottery case. At this stage of the process,we are waiting for interview letter. Good luck!

Hi,
I had an interview today at 8 am. Arrived there 30 minutes earlier, went through security, and then waited until 8 am in a waiting area. The officer called my name and we went to her office. I took oath, she asked for the employer letter, passports - the old one (with visas, I-94) and the new one, went over I-485 and biographic form just verifying all of the information I put in those forms (line by line). She took away my I-94. Interview lasted about 15 minutes. At the end she gave me the letter "your case is being held for review". She said she cannot say "yes" or "approved" at the moment, but she did not see any problems with my case.
I received a notification email around 3 pm today with the case status change "card/document production".

I am really grateful to this forum for the information and advice. I was not participating, but read all of this thread and summary document is just fantastic!! Thank you!! :)

Congratulations you_rock and thank you for sharing your experience!

Hi Twiny41,

Sm1smom is right (as always :)), they should send NOA to the principal applicant. I have noticed that you married after the selection. We also got married after I found out that I am selectee. Maybe this is some sort of test for newlyweds :). I hope, they did not consider our applications as marriage based. At the biometrics appointment, the officer asked who is our sponsor for GC and we explained that this is DV Lottery case. At this stage of the process,we are waiting for interview letter. Good luck!

I am not too worried about the wedding after the selection, since I've been looking for experiences of others having done the same in previous years :)

For the question of the officer at the biometrics, I would say that as usual they are not really used to DV lottery and they mixed things up! Good luck for the final step!

I got interviewed today. After a few minutes in the waiting room, I was called to the interview room. I was asked to again answer a few of the questions from the application form, and things like my current occupation and study major. The rest of it was chat about completely unrelated things. The whole thing lasted about 10 minutes. The interviewing officer told me she would approve my application once she got the visa number. Later on the same day I got both an SMS and an email telling me USCIS had started card production.

I got interviewed today. After a few minutes in the waiting room, I was called to the interview room. I was asked to again answer a few of the questions from the application form, and things like my current occupation and study major. The rest of it was chat about completely unrelated things. The whole thing lasted about 10 minutes. The interviewing officer told me she would approve my application once she got the visa number. Later on the same day I got both an SMS and an email telling me USCIS had started card production.

That's great new slim2020. I'm very happy for you. And you were beating yourself for filing too late :)

It's all over now. Enjoy your new status.

Hello everyone! I am getting ready to file my I-485 package soon. I have a couple questions. I know some have already been answered but I want to make sure I got it right. I have dual citizenship but only have the passport for one them(which is the country where I was born and used for selection). For my other citizenship, I have a certificate written in the official language. 1) Can I have my mom translate it and have her sign the statement that says she's competent in that language? Can I do the same thing for the birth certificate?
Since I am an F-1 student and working under OPT, I don't have much money in my bank account therefore I can't use that as evidence. I was gonna have my parents ask for a letter from the bank that is paying for my education, a letter from my U.S. employer, and get a copy of my previous W-2s to include in the package. Also, I was thinking to ask an american friend to sign form I-134 just in case. 2) How much money does she need to be making? I was reading on the form that she'd need to perceive an income of $19387 for a household of 2. Does that mean that she would need to make at least 10K to sponsor me?(she's single and has no dependents). Do I have to submit this form with the I-485 package or can I just bring it with me to the interview in case they ask for more evidence?

Information about your 2nd citizenship is not required. Of course you can list it on your I-485, if you like, but I don't think proof of it will be requested. I would suggest you use a none-family member to do the translation of your documents.

Your W2 and Employment verification letters are 2 good documents to start with for the financial evidence. The letter from your parents bank too could help. If you can get someone to fill out the I-134 for you, that would be great. The Poverty Guidelines for 2014 is $15,730 for 2 people. That means your sponsor is expected to show he/she earns an annual income of $15,730 or more as the case may be.

It helps the IO in reviewing your file ahead of time if the financial documents are included with the initial package. However, if waiting for them might result in submission delay, you can send the package without them and take the documents along to the interview. Of course, you're still expected to attend the interview with whatever documents you might have submitted with the package.

Hi,
I had an interview today at 8 am. Arrived there 30 minutes earlier, went through security, and then waited until 8 am in a waiting area. The officer called my name and we went to her office. I took oath, she asked for the employer letter, passports - the old one (with visas, I-94) and the new one, went over I-485 and biographic form just verifying all of the information I put in those forms (line by line). She took away my I-94. Interview lasted about 15 minutes. At the end she gave me the letter "your case is being held for review". She said she cannot say "yes" or "approved" at the moment, but she did not see any problems with my case.
I received a notification email around 3 pm today with the case status change "card/document production".

I am really grateful to this forum for the information and advice. I was not participating, but read all of this thread and summary document is just fantastic!! Thank you!! :)

Congratulations! And great job coming out from under rock you've been hiding to update us on your progress, you_rock :p (yeah, pun intended)

I send the money before two days ago.my visa us gone expire after two months . Today u sent the dsp-122 today.

When did you enter the US and when did you discover you were a DV selectee? When did you send your payment to Missouri? What is the expiry date on your I-20?

The answers to these questions determines wether you can do AOS or not.

Did you see the questions I asked you in the above post on the previous page?

Hello to all! - Just passing by to let everyone know that if you haven't received your biometrics notice letter, for whatever reason, USCIS can fax it to you only within 5 days from the scheduled appointment - yes, they'll tell you over the phone when it's scheduled. A certain type of calm insistence and perseverance is needed for you to get past the first gatekeeper who will give you the generic "4-6 weeks" verbiage as your scheduled appointment passes you by.

Of course you'll have to be sure that your case was accepted first and then give it time. In my case, I never received the I-797 notice in the mail. It was just the email (was just advised by USCIS that the I-797 is not required at interview so I'm not complaining). I also waited for 2 weeks for my biometrics letter before I threw my papers in the air and called USCIS. Turns out my appointment is in a week.

Please note that this is just my personal experience and in no way are these guaranteed working steps.

I'll update the spreadsheet when I've calmed down :)

Hello to all! - Just passing by to let everyone know that if you haven't received your biometrics notice letter, for whatever reason, USCIS can fax it to you only within 5 days from the scheduled appointment - yes, they'll tell you over the phone when it's scheduled. A certain type of calm insistence and perseverance is needed for you to get past the first gatekeeper who will give you the generic "4-6 weeks" verbiage as your scheduled appointment passes you by.

Of course you'll have to be sure that your case was accepted first and then give it time. In my case, I never received the I-797 notice in the mail. It was just the email (was just advised by USCIS that the I-797 is not required at interview so I'm not complaining). I also waited for 2 weeks for my biometrics letter before I threw my papers in the air and called USCIS. Turns out my appointment is in a week.

Please note that this is just my personal experience and in no way are these guaranteed working steps.

I'll update the spreadsheet when I've calmed down :)

Hmm! Congratulations on coming this far and getting USCIS to fax over your bio letter. It's a bit unusual though that you never received the notice of acceptance, and the bio letter too. Do you have a copy of your I-485 and whatever other forms you submitted? Can you cross-check to confirm that your mailing address is correctly listed on them all? Do let us know if the mailed bio letter eventually surfaces though.

Hmm! Congratulations on coming this far and getting USCIS to fax over your bio letter. It's a bit unusual though that you never received the notice of acceptance, and the bio letter too. Do you have a copy of your I-485 and whatever other forms you submitted? Can you cross-check to confirm that your mailing address is correctly listed on them all? Do let us know if the mailed bio letter eventually surfaces though.

Yes, they confirmed my address with the one they have on file. In fact, the I-797 was sent on February 11. The USCIS rep. couldn't tell me when the biometrics notice was sent, but could only tell me when my appointment is and what I should do if I do not receive the notice 5 days before the appointment.

I did mention that my name is not on the mailbox, to which he stated, because of the nature of the mail, sometimes the post office will not deliver if your name is not on the mailbox. I don't think that should be a problem as we get all sorts of mail for unknown persons in our mailbox. I'll just have to wait for the mail or the 5 days.

Thanks for your response! :)

Yes, they confirmed my address with the one they have on file. In fact, the I-797 was sent on February 11. The USCIS rep. couldn't tell me when the biometrics notice was sent, but could only tell me when my appointment is and what I should do if I do not receive the notice 5 days before the appointment.

I did mention that my name is not on the mailbox, to which he stated, because of the nature of the mail, sometimes the post office will not deliver if your name is not on the mailbox. I don't think that should be a problem as we get all sorts of mail for unknown persons in our mailbox. I'll just have to wait for the mail or the 5 days.

Thanks for your response! :)

Is your mailbox lockable? Are you listed with USPS on that mailbox? If they don't, I'm thinking USPS is returning them as undeliverable and you may have the same issue with both your IL and the GC itself at the end of the day. My guess is they're trying to exercise a great deal of caution when delivering those government mails as they cannot be forwarded, they do not get signed for when delivered and they do not want them to fall into the wrong hands. Do let us know if the I-797 and bio eventually show up in your mail box.

Not trying to scare or alarm you, just wanted you to be aware of those possibilities. Hopefully, it's nothing like that and your bio letter will show up in your mailbox in the next couple of days :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it matter which USCIS Chicago lockbox address to use? I show the P.O. box for USPS and an address of express mail. Is one more preferable over the other?

Hello guys,

I'm getting ready to ship the AOS application packet. Just a few questions before I do:

1) In the spreadsheet on this forum, it says I need to include I-797 Notice of Action - Indicating Current Visa Status (if applicable). I'm now in the US on an H1B visa, so do I include a copy of my I-797B (Approval notice for H1B)?
2) I don't have copies of my tax return tickets, although I already ordered them from the IRS. I think they'll come in next week. If you were me, would you wait until I get them to enclose them in the packet, or would you ship it as soon as possible without them? My CN will become current in April, so I'm planning to ship the packet today (February 28) so they get it in March, which is completely legit.
3) Does it matter how I arrange the papers in the envelope? Should I punch holes and string them together? Is there a special order?

Thank you!!

Hello guys,

I'm getting ready to ship the AOS application packet. Just a few questions before I do:

1) In the spreadsheet on this forum, it says I need to include I-797 Notice of Action - Indicating Current Visa Status (if applicable). I'm now in the US on an H1B visa, so do I include a copy of my I-797B (Approval notice for H1B)?
2) I don't have copies of my tax return tickets, although I already ordered them from the IRS. I think they'll come in next week. If you were me, would you wait until I get them to enclose them in the packet, or would you ship it as soon as possible without them? My CN will become current in April, so I'm planning to ship the packet today (February 28) so they get it in March, which is completely legit.
3) Does it matter how I arrange the papers in the envelope? Should I punch holes and string them together? Is there a special order?

Thank you!!

1) Yes. Include your H-1B approval, and any prior ones. You need to support that all throughout your stay in the US you maintained your legal status. For that, include all I-20s (if applicable) and any change in status as well.

2) Don't hold the package for IRS transcripts. Make sure to take them to the interview. You should still have your W-2's from prior years though. Include them in the package.

3) Put the forms on top. No punch holes. Use paper clips if necessary.

Got the Cards !

We got our cards today !!!! :)

For all other H1Bs here, remember to get your I-9 updated by your employer as soon as you get the cards !

Status
Not open for further replies.