• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update on my today visit from FO:

I just returned from DC office. Initially I got with a new officer that she didn't know much about the DV cases and because of that I asked her if I could see the officer that I saw before and he knew us. So, she agreed and I talked to the officer that I saw before. This time he was more helpful. He himself was surprised why we didn't receive any IL notification, even though he was reassuring us that we are on top of this and there is no problem and things like that. Then he got our paperwork went to supervisor and came back and gave us a "inquiry form" to fill out with details of our case info.Then he made a copy of our receipts and dv lottery notifications and took it to the supervisor again. He told us that this will go directly to the officer who is handling DV cases. He told us that there one officer who handles DV cases in DC. He said that the supervisor will be asking her for immediate attention because it is taking so long time. So, it was n't bad comparing to the previous times. Hopefully it could result in good news sometime soon.

I know that here DVPERM is from DC too. I definitely suggest keep visiting INFOpass and ask them for their failed promises that we didn't receive our IL as they said before. They will have to elevate it and ask for attention. It is so frustrating to wait such long time!

Update on my today visit from FO:

I just returned from DC office. Initially I got with a new officer that she didn't know much about the DV cases and because of that I asked her if I could see the officer that I saw before and he knew us. So, she agreed and I talked to the officer that I saw before. This time he was more helpful. He himself was surprised why we didn't receive any IL notification, even though he was reassuring us that we are on top of this and there is no problem and things like that. Then he got our paperwork went to supervisor and came back and gave us a "inquiry form" to fill out with details of our case info.Then he made a copy of our receipts and dv lottery notifications and took it to the supervisor again. He told us that this will go directly to the officer who is handling DV cases. He told us that there one officer who handles DV cases in DC. He said that the supervisor will be asking her for immediate attention because it is taking so long time. So, it was n't bad comparing to the previous times. Hopefully it could result in good news sometime soon.

I know that here DVPERM is from DC too. I definitely suggest keep visiting INFOpass and ask them for their failed promises that we didn't receive our IL as they said before. They will have to elevate it and ask for attention. It is so frustrating to wait such long time!

Thanks for the update ies.hoss, I guess we're back to waiting, a bit more hopeful though. My appointment is on the 21st, hopefully I'll get more info.

Certified copies for the BS and PhD titles

Hi everybody,
In addition to the high school diploma (HSD), I also wanted to present my BS and PhD titles for my AOS application. I know that they ask for certified copies of those documents. I will get a certified copy of my HSD from Spain, my country, since it is still there. However, the BS and PhD titles are here with me at the States. Do you think that I could get the certified copies of those titles in the Spanish Consulate? Can the Consulate certify the copies of those documents?
Thank you very much,
PAU1

Guys: Its been a week today that we were interviewed at Chicago FO. You can read my intw experience and it went pretty well with the IO saying in the end that she would approve us without giving any timelines but saying that GC will come in 3-4 weeks (standard answer). But my case status is still in Acceptance and hasn't moved at all after the interview. I am getting a bit concerned now.

We have a infopass for tomorrow at Chicago FO and will try to see if we can ask them to check on it.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks romerro.

We have taken an infopass for 20th just in case. It will be more than a week by then so if the status doesnt change by then, we will try to bring to their notice.

I have a concern regarding birth certificate. My birth certificate is in English language (this is my original certificate) and it was issued last year. I never had birth certificate before and that is the case in Nepal. Mostly make their certificate whenever it is needed so the date issued is always within some months of the interview.

My question is; does it have to be in Native language? For example - in terms of npts he/she was asked for original and translated birth certificate. Do I have to get another birth certificate that is in native language and make a translated one out of it?
Your advise is highly appreciated.
Thanks

DV Fee ta 2nd letter aaye pachi pathune hoina ra ?

AS12***

I had to wait to a full 3 weeks after my interview for CPO. It really just depends on your FO and their workload. Be patient for at least 6 weeks - it will happen.

Guys: Its been a week today that we were interviewed at Chicago FO. You can read my intw experience and it went pretty well with the IO saying in the end that she would approve us without giving any timelines but saying that GC will come in 3-4 weeks (standard answer). But my case status is still in Acceptance and hasn't moved at all after the interview. I am getting a bit concerned now.

We have a infopass for tomorrow at Chicago FO and will try to see if we can ask them to check on it.
Any suggestions ?

DV Fee ta 2nd letter aaye pachi pathune hoina ra ?

AS12***

We encourage everyone on this thread to post in English only as we want everyone to benefit from the experience or suggestions of others. If you have something personal or private to communicate to someone, please PM the person.

Thanks spice. In our case, I think its the IO (not FO), as others at same FO, same day did get the CPO within 2 days.

Anyways, my wife did the infopass today and all they said was that its only a week since your interview so pls wait; Its still pending.
I guess we will just wait for another 2-3 weeks and take this up then if status doesnt change by then.

I had to wait to a full 3 weeks after my interview for CPO. It really just depends on your FO and their workload. Be patient for at least 6 weeks - it will happen.

Hi everybody,
In addition to the high school diploma (HSD), I also wanted to present my BS and PhD titles for my AOS application. I know that they ask for certified copies of those documents. I will get a certified copy of my HSD from Spain, my country, since it is still there. However, the BS and PhD titles are here with me at the States. Do you think that I could get the certified copies of those titles in the Spanish Consulate? Can the Consulate certify the copies of those documents?
Thank you very much,
PAU1

By 'certified copies', I hope you mean certified English translated copies? I don't know if the Spanish Consulate certifies documents or not, you can contact the embassy directly to find out. What I do know is that if your documents are not in English, they need to be translated into English, and they do not necessarily need to be certified by a professional body.

Thanks spice. In our case, I think its the IO (not FO), as others at same FO, same day did get the CPO within 2 days.

Anyways, my wife did the infopass today and all they said was that its only a week since your interview so pls wait; Its still pending.
I guess we will just wait for another 2-3 weeks and take this up then if status doesnt change by then.

Sorry, I couldn't get to respond to your earlier post. My guess also is the delay has to do with your particular IO. You mentioned she was writing, and not typing, during your interview. It's possible she's not quite experienced with DV cases and still needed to review the case with a supervisor. So unfortunately, you will have to wait a little bit more. An infopass isn't likely to yield much result, I suggest give it about 4 weeks before visiting the FO again if a decision hasn't been made by then.

Thanks sm1smom.

Sorry, I couldn't get to respond to your earlier post. My guess also is the delay has to do with your particular IO. You mentioned she was writing, and not typing, during your interview. It's possible she's not quite experienced with DV cases and still needed to review the case with a supervisor. So unfortunately, you will have to wait a little bit more. An infopass isn't likely to yield much result, I suggest give it about 4 weeks before visiting the FO again if a decision hasn't been made by then.

By 'certified copies', I hope you mean certified English translated copies? I don't know if the Spanish Consulate certifies documents or not, you can contact the embassy directly to find out. What I do know is that if your documents are not in English, they need to be translated into English, and they do not necessarily need to be certified by a professional body.

Hi SM1smom,
What I understand is that I need to present a certified copy of those documents (as well as for the birth certificate), that means a copy of the original document that has on it an endorsement or certificate that it is a true copy of the primary document. Once I get the certified copies I need a certified translation of those certified copies and then I will need to add both, the certified copies and the translations of those copies to my AOS application. Am I right?
Thanks,
PAU1

Hi SM1smom,
What I understand is that I need to present a certified copy of those documents (as well as for the birth certificate), that means a copy of the original document that has on it an endorsement or certificate that it is a true copy of the primary document. Once I get the certified copies I need a certified translation of those certified copies and then I will need to add both, the certified copies and the translations of those copies to my AOS application. Am I right?
Thanks,
PAU1

I'm not sure where you got that from, to the best of my knowledge, those documents (the original copies) do not need to be certified, and that includes the birth certificate too by the way. The requirement that I know of is that they need to be translated into English, if they were originally issued in a foreign language. The person translating is then required to certify he/she is fluent in the original language the documents were issued in.

I believe a certified copy could be required/used if one no longer has the original copy of a required document. I'm deducing this from the instruction that an applicant with a criminal record is required to submit either an original or a court certified copy of their complete arrest and/or disposition records. So the long and short of what I'm trying to say is that you do not need to certify the original copies of your school records.

I'm not sure where you got that from, to the best of my knowledge, those documents (the original copies) do not need to be certified, and that includes the birth certificate too by the way. The requirement that I know of is that they need to be translated into English, if they were originally issued in a foreign language. The person translating is then required to certify he/she is fluent in the original language the documents were issued in.

I believe a certified copy could be required/used if one no longer has the original copy of a required document. I'm deducing this from the instruction that an applicant with a criminal record is required to submit either an original or a court certified copy of their complete arrest and/or disposition records. So the long and short of what I'm trying to say is that you do not need to certify the original copies of your school records.

Thank you very much Sm1smom!
Paula

Cpo !!

My awesome friends and support group: The status updated just now to CPO for both of us. :) Very Happy.
I dont know if this was due to our infopass today morning or just a co-incidence but who cares.... :), now just awaiting the card by USPS....

Thanks again everyone (specially sm1smom, spice, ralf, romerro, c1984 etc.) for the faith and confidence. :)

Thanks sm1smom.

Status
Not open for further replies.