• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Pkrish's! :)

What is your FO?

It reads exactly "High school diploma and / or college degree and official transcripts (if foreign, must be accompany by official evaluation / certification- i.e… World Education Service (WES)) (or if no high school diploma must submit proof of qualifying training/work experience)

There are different eligibility categories for an EAD card - EAD cards are issued by USCIS based on different status, and each one may have different conditions tied to it. You will not become out of status if your OPT expires while your AOS application is yet to be adjudicated. You will be in a 'pending status', but you can no longer work with your OPT EAD card anymore at that stage. Yes, you can still file for the I-485 based EAD card - you will need to include the acceptance notice/receipt for the I-485 package that you received from USCIS if you decide to file for the EAD card now.

Thanks Sm1smon for the info. One more question ? Does this i-485 based EAD card needs to be filed before certain time frame before my OPT EAD expires? or any other timelines that I should be aware of ?

Thanks Sm1smon for the info. One more question ? Does this i-485 based EAD card needs to be filed before certain time frame before my OPT EAD expires? or any other timelines that I should be aware of ?

Honestly, so as not to complicate things for yourself, I wouldn't be applying for an I-485 based EAD card now if I was in your shoes. The EAD typically takes about 2-3 months from the time of sending in the application. Considering the fact that you were current in Oct, even though your FO seems to be dragging it's feet, I'm willing to bet your interview would most likely take place before your current OPT EAD card expires in May or before a new EAD card is approved. Basically, what I'm trying to say is stop stressing, your interview will take place before May 2014.

Fingers crossed for you! Good luck!!

DVPerm
Thanks for the update. I am hoping its not going to be the same "training new officers " here in Dallas FO when I go there on the 30th of Jan for InfoPass appointment.

Hi npts,

Good luck with your InfoPass appointment tomorrow. Hope you get some useful information. Keep us updated.

So we went for the interview on 01/27 and it went well, lasted about 30 mins. The IO asked if the certificates were certified and we said they are in English, so did not get certified. went through the originals and the forms. Asked for joint documents like bank accounts which have both mine and husbands name. Nothing specific.

However today in the morning I got a status update message and the case was at CPO, got another status update message in evening and the status is now at Decission. My question is why will that happen, go to CPO and then come back to Decission ?

Is your HS Diploma orignally issued in English or a foreing language? If it's not in English, and if I was in your shoes, I would just do the standard translation accompanied with a certified document attesting to the authenticity of the document.

So we went for the interview on 01/27 and it went well, lasted about 30 mins. The IO asked if the certificates were certified and we said they are in English, so did not get certified. went through the originals and the forms. Asked for joint documents like bank accounts which have both mine and husbands name. Nothing specific.

However today in the morning I got a status update message and the case was at CPO, got another status update message in evening and the status is now at Decission. My question is why will that happen, go to CPO and then come back to Decission ?

Congrats! That's awesome news. Enjoy!

BTW, was he asking about certifying the translation or certifying the equivalency to 12-year education?

It's normal to go back to decision. It will change back to CPO soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats pkrish.

Congratulations! And I'm not surprised about how the discussion regarding your HS Diploma went. If it is originally issued in English, regardless of which foreign country it is from, they don't stress about the applicant having a certified copy.

I already explained on one of the tabs on the spreadsheet I put together how the status update fluctuates back and forth once a decision is made following the interview. Bottom line? Enjoy your new status, you should be receiving a welcome letter and the GC itself in about a week or two.

Thanks, he asked about certifying of HS certificate, once I mentioned it is in English there were no further questions.

Congrats! That's awesome news. Enjoy!

BTW, was he asking about certifying the translation or certifying the equivalency to 12-year education?

It's normal to go back to decision. It will change back to CPO soon.

Thanks, I might be skipping it but can you give the link again and which tab for status fluctuations.

Congratulations! And I'm not surprised about how the discussion regarding your HS Diploma went. If it is originally issued in English, regardless of which foreign country it is from, they don't stress about the applicant having a certified copy.

I already explained on one of the tabs on the spreadsheet I put together how the status update fluctuates back and forth once a decision is made following the interview. Bottom line? Enjoy your new status, you should be receiving a welcome letter and the GC itself in about a week or two.

AOS in Miami, FL

Hello guys! Is anybody in this forum doing AOS in Miami, FL? I was wondering about how long it would take to get the IL. I guess that office might be one of the busiest in the whole country.

I had my Biometrics done on 01/09/2014 (my case is in the spreadsheet by the way).

Kind regards!

Hello guys! Is anybody in this forum doing AOS in Miami, FL? I was wondering about how long it would take to get the IL. I guess that office might be one of the busiest in the whole country.

I had my Biometrics done on 01/09/2014 (my case is in the spreadsheet by the way).

Kind regards!

Check the 2013 spreadsheet. Miami is just as fast as other offices.

Status
Not open for further replies.