• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I got an INFOPASS appt for tomorrow afternoon. I'll keep you posted on what they say! Hopefully with at least some news!

Thanks!

Yes, please try in FO. Also, I hope you have taken an Infopass appt. for tomorrow. At my FO, they were not entertaining walk-ins without an Infopass appt. Keep us posted.

Hey guys,

It is more than 3 months that we filed the AOS and more than 70 days that we did biometrics but no news on Interview Letter yet. I am very concerned on this and am going to check FO in DC office. I called the USCIC 800 with level 2 officer and he suggested to go to FO. I am hoping that something could happen during January. Any idea if we should get the documents when we go to FO for just general info? Thanks

CN 2014AS000017XX
10/02/13 - AOS Delivered to Chicago
10/09/13 - Acceptance
10/12/13 - NOA
10/20/13 - Bio letter
11/21/13 - Biometrics (Walk-in 10/21/13)
? - Interview Letter
? - Interview
? - CPO
? - Green Card Received

Hi... Can someone else in a similar boat tell us which FO serves their location? Trying to figure out if it is a location thing or a genral problem - this delay between biometrics and IL.

Our AOS interview was yesterday but due to bad weather conditions, the Chicago FO was closed yest.

I was able to take an Infopass appt. today for 7:45AM at Chicago FO. We went there and gave our ILs to the concerned people. We were first told that the intw will be rescheduled and we will need to wait for another notification for rescheduling. After we told them that this was a Time bound-limited visas DV case, they took our letters to the section chief there. This process took 30 mins. After 30 more mins, the section chief came and took us into a room. He said very politely that he cant do anything as they are very understaffed and full for the month of January. He said tentatively your rescheduled Intw will be on 12th FEB and you will get a new notification for that. We told him again that this is a DV case with limited visas available and time bound. He said we have until september and it is still not "too" late so that we need to worry abt visas getting over.

There was nothing else we could say but just that we will wait for the reschedued notification.
We went ready with all our paperwork but I guess things were just not meant to happen today. I know FEB is still not bad but really sad about it. In all 365 days, the FO had to close 1 day and that was the day of my inw. Waiting for new IL now. :-(

That's Great, Dv2014 that you guys kept insisting on the fact that this was time-bound... I bet he wouldn't have given you a tentative interview date right away... Sometimes insisting on what you know is helpful in moving things around. Sorry about your disappointment but i'm keenly awaiting your experience for Feb 12th... All the best!!

hey guys,
I have a quick question about when to file for AOS. It seems like my number will be current in march according to feb cut off. As i heard, is it possible to send aos package on feb after march number released possibly after 8th or 9th? or do i need to send it on march only? any responses is highly appreciated. Thanks....

Hello,
I got a question regarding bank statement to be sent in AOS package. What is the recommended amount in bank account? Since I am student. The assistantship I get is not that much only enough for student living.
I do not have lots of money in my account, I do not have any property back in my country and nobody here in US as sponsor. I have a copy of the document of the apartment my parents have back home. Do you recommend me to send that? Could I ask my brother who lives in Canada to send me his bank statement and be my sponsor?
I would appreciate it if you advise on this issue

From what I understand, you can send your package on February 1.

hey guys,
I have a quick question about when to file for AOS. It seems like my number will be current in march according to feb cut off. As i heard, is it possible to send aos package on feb after march number released possibly after 8th or 9th? or do i need to send it on march only? any responses is highly appreciated. Thanks....

Just an update on my visit to FO this afternoon. Today I went to the FO and talked to the immigration officer. Obviously, after first couple of confusing questions by the officer, he could find our cases there and talked to the supervisor who was handling our cases. The supervisor said that we will have to receive a Interview Letter between next 2 to 4 weeks in mail. That's all we got!
Apparently the number of DV cases are very few because the supervisor even didn't ask about the case numbers and said they should receive their interview letter within 2 to 4 weeks. I am hoping that within next two weeks we get the IL.

CN 2014AS000017XX
10/02/13 - AOS Delivered to Chicago
10/09/13 - Acceptance
10/12/13 - NOA
10/20/13 - Bio letter
11/21/13 - Biometrics (Walk-in 10/21/13)
? - Interview Letter
? - Interview
? - CPO
? - Green Card Received

Hi Sm1smon:

I've got one question for you. Today when I went to FO, the officer first asked whether I filed the Work Permit and I said no because I am under valid H1B and I didn't apply for Work Permit. He told me that when you apply for 485, you change the status by filing this form. I told him I am DV lottery applicants and then he said ok and then it shouldn't be a problem. He was first under the impression that this is based on Employment basis. Anyone, I was wondering if you did file for work permit or not? Shouldn't I apply for work permit? Any thoughts? Thanks

Hi Guys,
This may have been discussed before but I just want to confirm and make sure others have done this. Is it safe to send the AOS package in January if your CN is in the Advanced Notification section for March. People have talked about this new Memorandum but I just would like to confirm that we can send.

Thanks

Hi Guys,
This may have been discussed before but I just want to confirm and make sure others have done this. Is it safe to send the AOS package in January if your CN is in the Advanced Notification section for March. People have talked about this new Memorandum but I just would like to confirm that we can send.

Thanks

The memo says you can send it straight away as soon as you see the advance notice that your number is current - however some have had their packs returned at that point so the recommendation seems to be to wait until the 1st of the month before you are going to become current. So in your case, - Feb 1.

The memo says you can send it straight away as soon as you see the advance notice that your number is current - however some have had their packs returned at that point so the recommendation seems to be to wait until the 1st of the month before you are going to become current. So in your case, - Feb 1.

Britsimon is correct. Mine was current for Nov and I send in my AOS on the 18th Sept. They send me back on the 30th Sept. I sent back on the 1st Oct and it was accepted. There are many of us here with the safe experience.

In your case send on Feb 1st, you will be safe.

Hi, iel.hoss

It is not a must that you must be filing Work Permit while you file I-485. The thing is that if you had file and God forbid something happens between your I485 pending and you getting Green Card you still have status to work. In case of employment based GC application also it is not a must. For many people it takes a while for their I485 to get approved and during that time the H1B validity might have ended already this way the work permit authorizes to work and travel paper to travel. You can also apply for work permit even though you have not applied for it while you filed I485, just more processes.

The key point over here is that a pending I485 approval is a kind of status on its own but it doesn;t allow you to work unless you have other status that allows you to work or work permit. I hope it helps and not confuse you further.

Hi Sm1smon:

I've got one question for you. Today when I went to FO, the officer first asked whether I filed the Work Permit and I said no because I am under valid H1B and I didn't apply for Work Permit. He told me that when you apply for 485, you change the status by filing this form. I told him I am DV lottery applicants and then he said ok and then it shouldn't be a problem. He was first under the impression that this is based on Employment basis. Anyone, I was wondering if you did file for work permit or not? Shouldn't I apply for work permit? Any thoughts? Thanks

it has to be advance notification mentioned in visa bulletin title to be valid for early acceptance or just normal? coz i have not seen any advance notification word in the feb visa bulletin for march cut off...also when i loot at the july 2013 visa bullentin, there is a word advance notificationin the title. can you just clarify with these all?

Thank you

it has to be advance notification mentioned in visa bulletin title to be valid for early acceptance or just normal? coz i have not seen any advance notification word in the feb visa bulletin for march cut off...also when i loot at the july 2013 visa bullentin, there is a word advance notificationin the title. can you just clarify with these all?

Thank you

Section C - the bulletin is published in January. It is the February bulletin, has a restatement of Feb numbers and the numbers for March - that is what I mean by advanced notification....

See my post # 1947 in this forum :)

Hi Guys,

Thanks

Thanks. I guess that is what I was guessing and I am clear now. Thank you again.

It is not a must that you must be filing Work Permit while you file I-485. The thing is that if you had file and God forbid something happens between your I485 pending and you getting Green Card you still have status to work. In case of employment based GC application also it is not a must. For many people it takes a while for their I485 to get approved and during that time the H1B validity might have ended already this way the work permit authorizes to work and travel paper to travel. You can also apply for work permit even though you have not applied for it while you filed I485, just more processes.

The key point over here is that a pending I485 approval is a kind of status on its own but it doesn;t allow you to work unless you have other status that allows you to work or work permit. I hope it helps and not confuse you further.

When is a 2014EU00017*** going to be current?

Hello guys,

I have learn million of things on this thread, but I am still not able to process the Bulletins' information to guess when a number will get current. When do you think a 2014EU00017*** will become current?
Thank you for your help!!!

JB

Hello guys,

I have learn million of things on this thread, but I am still not able to process the Bulletins' information to guess when a number will get current. When do you think a 2014EU00017*** will become current?
Thank you for your help!!!

JB

If you're not from Uzbekistan, then you're already current and should have your interview scheduled very soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.