• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi C1984,
I noticed that in your timeline DV fee receipt was emailed to you. Is that right? I'm kind of upset as I didnt get any response from St. Louise office since 27th December. I'm worried if its because I didnt write their senders address on the top let corner of my self addressed envelop. But when I saw you have mentioned it was received as an email I 'm kind of curious.. Could you please verify it for me please..

Thanks

Come to think of it, I didn't write the sender's address on the self-addressed envelope either. With the emerging pattern, people may need to consider writing the sender's address as well.

I got the scanned receipt in the e-mail without initiating any inquiries from my side. I had already figured out something was missing after the first two weeks, but not being in a hurry just waited it out and it arrived via e-mail.

Hey everyone,

Just a quick question about the AOS package.
On the check-lists I see that it says ''Evidence of Financial support'' and below 3 options:
a) bank statement
b) copies of tax return
c) Form I 134 - Affidavit of support.

I'm a little confused if I need one of these forms at all at this point.
My number is EU 16*** so I need to send my documents soon so your response would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

You can go ahead and send in your I-485 package without any of those listed documents if they're not available at the moment. You can show them at the time of the interview. Including them when the package is initially sent in is to make the interview easier for the applicant as the IO would have had enough time to review the documents ahead of meeting the applicant. Some IO's do not even bother to look at such, they assess the applicant on a case by case merit, but having said that, it never hurts to have prove of financial support on hand.

Thank you guys, its good to know that USCIS will return the package if filled too early... I talked to KCC and asked about the memo and they said they are not even aware of it. I dont know why USCIS release such information without informing their people.
I would like to find an answer to this too. I sent a postal money order on 23rd December and St. Louise office received it on 27th. I didnt receive my receipt yet. How long do you think they take to send the receipt back. My worry is, in the self addressed envelop i didnt write the senders address on the top left hand. I thought St.Louis guys will stamp their address on the envelop. I would like to find out if anybody here did the same and if it worked.

KCC and USCIS are two different entities, they play different roles in the immigration process. USCIS has no business informing KCC of an internally released Memo guiding their process.

It's typically taken anywhere between 2 - 8 weeks to get the receipt back following the payment, so I don't think you're at the stage where you should be worrying. However you can email KCC, they could email the receipt back to you once they process your email.

Sm1smom,
I have received the maile in the same format that you have included above but one thing is missing....."KCC will no longer process your case"

Beacuse in my case just two forms were attached one is that you have posted ( Thank you for letting us know...) and second one was the DV recreipt fee.

Is there any problem in my case??

Thanks

I wish you had asked questions before sending back your first set of forms to KCC. Just like C1984 rightly pointed out, you're not supposed to have an immigration intent at the time of entering the US on an F1 visa since that visa is not a dual intent visa. By sending in DSP-122 and selecting "USCIS" you have indicated an intent to adjust your status upon entering the US, this could jepoardize your GC chance, it could also lead to your F1 visa being cancelled as a matter of fact, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you, the IO may overlook these things at the time of your interview.

I have no idea what your CN is and I don't know if it's already current or not, and I'm not sure when you got into the US. If your CN is current, I would caution against filing now, you should probably wait about 90 days before sending in your AOS package. And yes, you should not make the $330 administrative fee payment now either, wait a while.

Hello All,

I had some questions a few months ago and got answers from helpful members. I since got married to my girlfriend who won the DV Lottery and we sent our file to KCC early december (case number: EU21xxx).

Since we did not receive any confirmation e-mail from KCC yet, my girlfriend called them today. The lady on the phone was able to confirm that they received our file and that we are going via AoS, however she told my girlfriend that they do not send confirmation e-mail when doing AoS and that next step for us is to send our AOS Package once our number is current.

Unfortunately, this seems to be a wrong answer. I've read through all this thread and I can see that "rigateika" (post #1648) had exactly the same problem (maybe the same lady ?..). He was finally able to call again and received a different answer, but since it did not post an update I don't know if he eventually received a 2NL by e-mail.

Thus my questions are:

1. In the case we won't receive this 2NL e-mail, does that prevent us from sending the AOS Package? Is this confirmation letter really mandatory in the AOS Package? (if I believe what is described in the google doc which sum up the process, it is)
  2. If we don't receive the 2NL e-mail, can we still make the DV Fee payment by following the procedure on the DoS website?
  3. For this DV Fee payment, can we pay with a check labelled to MY name, though I'm not the DV Selectee (my girlfriend is)?
  4. Should we hurry up to make the DV Fee payment even if we don't have the 2NL from KCC? I read that the receipt may take up to 8 weeks to be sent, and it is likely that we will be current in April, thus we could send the AOS Package in March (in 6 weeks).

Thanks to anyone who could help us on this case!

Hello All,

I had some questions a few months ago and got answers from helpful members. I since got married to my girlfriend who won the DV Lottery and we sent our file to KCC early december (case number: EU21xxx).

Since we did not receive any confirmation e-mail from KCC yet, my girlfriend called them today. The lady on the phone was able to confirm that they received our file and that we are going via AoS, however she told my girlfriend that they do not send confirmation e-mail when doing AoS and that next step for us is to send our AOS Package once our number is current.

Unfortunately, this seems to be a wrong answer. I've read through all this thread and I can see that "rigateika" (post #1648) had exactly the same problem (maybe the same lady ?..). He was finally able to call again and received a different answer, but since it did not post an update I don't know if he eventually received a 2NL by e-mail.

Thus my questions are:

1. In the case we won't receive this 2NL e-mail, does that prevent us from sending the AOS Package? Is this confirmation letter really mandatory in the AOS Package? (if I believe what is described in the google doc which sum up the process, it is)
  2. If we don't receive the 2NL e-mail, can we still make the DV Fee payment by following the procedure on the DoS website?
  3. For this DV Fee payment, can we pay with a check labelled to MY name, though I'm not the DV Selectee (my girlfriend is)?
  4. Should we hurry up to make the DV Fee payment even if we don't have the 2NL from KCC? I read that the receipt may take up to 8 weeks to be sent, and it is likely that we will be current in April, thus we could send the AOS Package in March (in 6 weeks).

The AOS confirmation email from KCC is not an integral part of the I-485 package. You can proceed with the payment. Even the DV payment receipt is not crucial for the initial I-485 submission.

Do not hold your I-485 package for the AOS email or the DV receipt. In the meantime, work with KCC to get the confirmation email and the receipt and take them to the interview.

You can't pay the DV fee using a personal check. You will have to use a cashier's check or money order. So you wouldn't have to have your name on it. Just make sure to write down the case number on the payment. BTW, cashier's check is preferable because you can track it with your bank whether it is cleared or not.

You can call/email KCC until somebody understands what you mean by the "AOS confirmation e-mail" (don't say 2nd notification letter, that's for consular processing).

Congratulations on your marriage. Response below:

Hello All,

Thus my questions are:

1. In the case we won't receive this 2NL e-mail, does that prevent us from sending the AOS Package? Is this confirmation letter really mandatory in the AOS Package? (if I believe what is described in the google doc which sum up the process, it is) - No, it does not prevent you from sending the pacakge. You can show it at the time of the interview if requested, some IOs have actually asked for it from some applicants in the past. Seeing that you only mailed in your forms on Dec. 12th, though, I think it's too early to be worrying about receiving the 2NL.
  2. If we don't receive the 2NL e-mail, can we still make the DV Fee payment by following the procedure on the DoS website? - Yes, you can make the payment if you wish
  3. For this DV Fee payment, can we pay with a check labelled to MY name, though I'm not the DV Selectee (my girlfriend is)? - For the DV administrative fee, I believe the payment can only be made with a Cashier's Check or Money Order, personal checks are not allowed, unless they've just made an allowance for that to which I'm not aware.
- Again, the decision is yours. You may go ahead and make the payment now. If you guys are certain about doing AOS, then there's nothing stopping you from making the payment IMO

Guys, thanks to you both, these are great answers!

I do think like you Sm1smon that it's still early to be really worried about not receiving the 2NL, but I wasn't sure I could make the DV payment without it, this was my concern.
I see that nothing is stopping us from making that payment, and yes we are sure about doing AoS, so we will take care of that really quickly!

Thanks again.

Hi everyone:
I am in US and looking forward to doing AOS. My daughter was born in US during last December. Do I need to mention anywhere during AOS process?
Regards,
perrybhadra

I am in F-1 and till now my financial support is from back home. If some one is willing to sponsor me who is a US Citizen but from same community then what documents I need as the Evidence of Financial Support?
And also, Still Do I need my financial statement from my parents back home?
Thank You guys who are helping a lot

I am in F-1 and till now my financial support is from back home. If some one is willing to sponsor me who is a US Citizen but from same community then what documents I need as the Evidence of Financial Support?

As far as DV goes you don;t need sponsor. The only thing you need is a US Address where you can obtain Green Card. This you would certainly have.

Get whoever is willing/able to help you in the US to fill out Form I-134 Affidavit of Support. Financial statement from your parents back at home isn't likely to be of much help.

Hi everyone:
I am in US and looking forward to doing AOS. My daughter was born in US during last December. Do I need to mention anywhere during AOS process?
Regards,
perrybhadra

You should list your child on your I-485, although you do not need to fill out a separate form for her since she's already a citizen. However, you will be required to attend your interview with your child's birth certificate.

Hello everybody!
Just to keep others update about my AOS progress, My wife's and my documents were accepted and I received the NOA letter from NBC, my online case profile has barely no information on my case yet, though! That's all for now.
I wish everybody a good luck :)

Anybody knows of the timeline for DV-2012 cases? I have the links for DV-11 and DV-13, but no DV-12.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.