• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
These "Application Support Centers" are manned by contractors, I believe. The people in the ASC I went to didn't even bother to look sharp, they dressed rather casually. At my ASC they gave me a hard time for showing up early, but I just told them that I couldn't make it for the scheduled date. They pointed out that I should have rescheduled the appointment following the instruction on the letter, but I just stood there and see if they were going to turn me away, considering the place was literally empty except for the two employees and a couple of other applicants. The place had enough seating for 40-50 people. I ended up doing it that day.

Reactions: CWH
Thank you !
Do exactly as C1984 suggested. Do a walk-in, you're a perfect candidate. Do volunteer any information, just hand over your biometric notice. However if they try to prove difficult and suggest you come on your assigned date, explain that your wife is due any moment from the day you visit them and you need to get it done before she puts to bed.

Good luck

Thank you !
These "Application Support Centers" are manned by contractors, I believe. The people in the ASC I went to didn't even bother to look sharp, they dressed rather casually. At my ASC they gave me a hard time for showing up early, but I just told them that I couldn't make it for the scheduled date. They pointed out that I should have rescheduled the appointment following the instruction on the letter, but I just stood there and see if they were going to turn me away, considering the place was literally empty except for the two employees and a couple of other applicants. The place had enough seating for 40-50 people. I ended up doing it that day.

Hello All,

I have a question. Do you know when the file would be transferred to the field office? I mean if the file arrives to the field office it means that all the background checks are passed and we should wait for the interview letter anytime soon?

Sorry for my silly question.

Thank you very much.

You are always helpful !!!

Svaday, i noticed you are doing your Bio at Boston. Take note Boston, sometimes they turn you away. I was scheduled on the 8 Nov and we try to do a walkin on 23rd Oct in the afternoon. The officer refused and wanted proof that i am travelling. Finally he told me to come back on the 29th Oct.

If you plan to do walkin, do it in the morning. The officer told me if we come in the morning, they may have entertained us. It is really very quiet for them. Afternoons are very busy and the first time I went they had about 10 to 15 people. When we went in the morning there were about 5 of them there.

Everything aside, I think no one is going to reject a pregnant women. Go around 9AM and you will be out of the place by 9.30. Good luck.

Thank you for your suggestion! We will go in the morning and try.
Svaday, i noticed you are doing your Bio at Boston. Take note Boston, sometimes they turn you away. I was scheduled on the 8 Nov and we try to do a walkin on 23rd Oct in the afternoon. The officer refused and wanted proof that i am travelling. Finally he told me to come back on the 29th Oct.

If you plan to do walkin, do it in the morning. The officer told me if we come in the morning, they may have entertained us. It is really very quiet for them. Afternoons are very busy and the first time I went they had about 10 to 15 people. When we went in the morning there were about 5 of them there.

Everything aside, I think no one is going to reject a pregnant women. Go around 9AM and you will be out of the place by 9.30. Good luck.

Hello everybody!

I have a question to those who received bio appointment letter. Did your case status change from the "Acceptance" to "Initial review"?

Hello everybody!

I have a question to those who received bio appointment letter. Did your case status change from the "Acceptance" to "Initial review"?
Not for me. For the I-485 my case status stayed at "Acceptance" all the way to the end, when it suddenly changed to "Card/ Document Production".

Green Card Received

I now have my green card:cool:
Extremely thrilled - feels like a whole new life is about to start.

I am excited to hear the same good things for all you, very soon.

Congratulations! It is a whole new life, the life that doesn't include worrying about the expiration date of your visa.

The letter for Biometrics says Phones are not permitted.
Is it that we have to leave our phones at home before going for the biometrics?
OR,
Are there any lockers in the USCIS office where we can store our phones while we are doing the biometrics?

Please let me know?

Last edited by a moderator:

That is awesome to hear, man. I think all of us were eagerly following your progression and rooting for a successful outcome! Hope you will stick around to help out until the end of this fiscal year or not, since you will need to plan how to take advantage of all the doors that have opened up for ya :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.