• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
apply for dv 2015?

Hi all,

Thanks to everybody (and especially Sm1smom) for the great info and suggestions you post here. I have read most of this thread and found very useful info regarding the DV and AOS processes. My case number is rather high, 2014EU00041xxx, and I have decided to do AOS. However, since my cn is high I was thinking to apply again for dv2015. Does applying for dv2015 have any implications for those who are winners of dv2014? My logic says it shouldn't as the first NL indicates that dv2014 selectees are not guaranteed to get a green card but rather have been selected to proceed in the process. Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.

Hi all,

Thanks to everybody (and especially Sm1smom) for the great info and suggestions you post here. I have read most of this thread and found very useful info regarding the DV and AOS processes. My case number is rather high, 2014EU00041xxx, and I have decided to do AOS. However, since my cn is high I was thinking to apply again for dv2015. Does applying for dv2015 have any implications for those who are winners of dv2014? My logic says it shouldn't as the first NL indicates that dv2014 selectees are not guaranteed to get a green card but rather have been selected to proceed in the process. Any suggestions/advice would be much appreciated.

Putting in an application for DV 2015 is a good back up plan which will have absolutely no effect on your current selection, so go for it.

Interestingly, the spreadsheet shows only 3 vaccinations and the TB skin test. The I-693 form has more vaccinations and tests listed for the civil surgeon to check off. Can anyone explain the discrepancy?:confused:

There's no discrepancy what so ever between the spreadsheet and form I-693. Of course the CS will order or do some blood works in addition to the TB skin test. However, not all the vaccines of the form will be administered as majority of them are considered not medically required for an adult. And for a child that is also adjusting status, the assumption is that the parents are able to show the child's vaccination record which means not all the shots will be administered also.

We did our medical today. The doctor required chickenpox (varicella) as well. We had chickenpox in childhood but did not have any record of it. He said he would run a blood-work to evaluate the traces of the immunization. It cost us an additional $90 dollars.

We did MMR and Tdap at the health department and saved a couple of hundred dollars there.

The doctor that we went to charges $100 (+$90) for the processing, TB test, and the blood-work (+chickenpox test).

Who is petitioner?

I am a DV selectee for 2014. Currently, I am in the USA in H1B status. I have a confusion while filling DS-230 form question number 39. Who is the petitioner for me (dv lottery winner) and for my wife?

I received the SMS and email notifications today. Phew, finally accepted and forwarded to NBC.

Good luck to all!

2014 AOS, DV case 2014AS000016xx

THanks for last answer by Sm1Smom,
I am getting DV fee Receipt I think ..its on the way while tracking on usps.com, it took like 15 days for me,

My problem now is while filling G325a, biographic form, where there is field list all experiences past 5 years...

I had small business back home where i did some works in 2010, i worked for that myself,
NOw, I am thinking do I need to put that or not...if USCIS has policy of clearance and every stuff needed about past business I need to think,,,,,,because I thought that I have mentioned that business while applying for visa back home in 2010, Form DS160.

please show me the way on this issue, I am really thankful to you,

I am current in Nov. My AOS was accepted on the 1st Oct.
Today I noticed the check was cleared by my Bank but until now I have not rec'd any email or text notifications.

Anyone experienced this?

Hi, can anyone tell like while filing I485, which I20 need to send ....

i have Five i20, from first college, from transferred college, after passed, after getting first job, after changing job,

so do i need to send latest i20 ...or all of them, or first and last only?

thanks

i have Five i20, from first college, from transferred college, after passed, after getting first job, after changing job,

thanks

Hi MacMike, I had four I-20s, sent them all. Better safe than sorry.

2014 AOS, DV case 2014AS000016xx

THanks for last answer by Sm1Smom,
I am getting DV fee Receipt I think ..its on the way while tracking on usps.com, it took like 15 days for me,

My problem now is while filling G325a, biographic form, where there is field list all experiences past 5 years...

I had small business back home where i did some works in 2010, i worked for that myself,
NOw, I am thinking do I need to put that or not...if USCIS has policy of clearance and every stuff needed about past business I need to think,,,,,,because I thought that I have mentioned that business while applying for visa back home in 2010, Form DS160.

please show me the way on this issue, I am really thankful to you,

Hi MacMike,

Sorry for the delayed response. My suggestion would be to go ahead and list the business (I don't think not listing it is likely to negatively impact your application, but I prefer to play it safe in life). My thinking is it makes sense to list it since you've most likel provided this information in the past anyway, consistency is the key.

thanks

Copy all 5 and include them with your application, that's the proof that you've been staying in continuous status.

I was reading somewhere here on the forum some time ago that some FOs don't get to deal with many cases DV AOS cases. I don't have a precise reference. Is this indeed the case? Also, is there any official statistic on how many people go for AOS vs CP?

I was reading somewhere here on the forum some time ago that some FOs don't get to deal with many cases DV AOS cases. I don't have a precise reference. Is this indeed the case? Also, is there any official statistic on how many people go for AOS vs CP?
The statistics are available here:
http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/statistics/statistics_5861.html

At a glance there were about two thousand AOS DV applicants a year, the rest were doing CP.

AoS Interview

Dear DV2014 Family,

I am ahead of most of you in the AoS process but I am hoping that you can still spare some insights for my upcoming interview.
I read all the interview experiences from 2013 and 2011 and for the most part, people said it was really easy. However, I am still a little worried about the following:
1. What happens if I don't have a document that they ask me for in the interview? does that mean immediate rejection? I read that some people get a second interview or have to send in documents after the interview?
2. I only have tax returns from 2012 and 2010. Is that a problem?
3. Is lack of financial support grounds for rejection? My interview letter didn't say anything about bringing many of the documents that I sent in and that this forum says is necessary so I am wondering how they can reject me over something they didn't ask for.
4. Is business casual a good plan for an interview outfit? Does it matter?
5. Is there any other advice, other than what to bring and wear, that can help increase my chances?

I am hoping I am one of those lucky people from whom the IO simply asks for ID and passport, but I am still anxious that this may not be the case and I am not prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.