• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
AOS Package help

My CN will become current on November and I am in a situation where i am confused regarding my AOS package.

## My wife lives in different state and i live in different state so which address should my wife use in her I-485, I-693 and G-325? We used our individual address in form DSP.
## We are doing medicals together from my state next week but i am not sure which address should we use for her.
## Does she need to go to local USCIS office for Biometric or has to come with me?
## Where do we need to go over interview if we put two different address?
## Do we need police certificate from home country or not since we are living in US for 6+ Years?
## I-485 Part 2 (which option to choose and reason for AOS for me and what will be the option for my wife)
## Should we include one check for two person or two separate check for each on I-485 package?

My biometrics is on Wednesday and I am not sure what to expect.
1. I plan to bring my passport, drivers license and the biometrics notice. Do I need anything else?
2. They will just be taking my fingerprints, photo and signature, right?
3. Is there something in particular I need to wear?

Machine Readable Passport(MRP) vs Old Passport...

Hi All,
I have an old password which is valid until September 2015. These days they have machine readable passports only. Do you guys think of any problem with still using old passport? Since it is still valid, I believe there should not be a problem. Should I make a new passport before the interview just in case? Have anybody used the old passport during their interview?
Please provide some suggestion.

Thanks.

Hi All,
I have an old password which is valid until September 2015. These days they have machine readable passports only. Do you guys think of any problem with still using old passport? Since it is still valid, I believe there should not be a problem. Should I make a new passport before the interview just in case? Have anybody used the old passport during their interview?

Thanks.
What do you mean by 'machine readable'? Are you talking about the lines with mostly <<<<<< characters under your picture and passport data, or the RFID chip? My wife's passport has neither, and it has never given her any problem. It simply means the CBP officer will need to type her info manually into the system instead of swiping or waving it in. It would take an extra couple of minutes at the counter.

Hi All,

Thanks.

Unless you are visiting US under visa waiver program, you need machine readable passport. If your case, it doesn't matter.

My CN will become current on November and I am in a situation where i am confused regarding my AOS package.

## My wife lives in different state and i live in different state so which address should my wife use in her I-485, I-693 and G-325? We used our individual address in form DSP.
## We are doing medicals together from my state next week but i am not sure which address should we use for her.
## Does she need to go to local USCIS office for Biometric or has to come with me?
## Do we need police certificate from home country or not since we are living in US for 6+ Years?
## I-485 Part 2 (which option to choose and reason for AOS for me and what will be the option for my wife)
## Should we include one check for two person or two separate check for each on I-485 package?

Who is the main applicant? Don't complicate things for yourself at the time of your interview. Make your lives easier by using the same address for all the applications. Use the address of the main applicant.

A.1 One of the DSP forms you sent is invalid, there's only one selectee in your family, correct? So you only needed to have sent back the DSP form for the main applicant.

A.2 Use an address where both of you refer to as your main home. Since she's coming over to join you, you can use your address on both forms.

A.3 Biometric centre will have the ASC closest to the listed address on the forms you submit (in order words, closest to your home address if yours is used). If your address is used, she can try do a walk in where she is located.

A.4 You interview has to be together.

A.5 No PCC from outside the US required.

A.6 Option H for the main applicant - and you will need to type/write "DV Lottery Winner.Notification Letter Attached", Option B for the spouse.

A.6 Advisable to use separate checks for the packages.

Hi All,

Thanks.

Go with what you have, not being machine readable will not be an issue.

My biometrics is on Wednesday and I am not sure what to expect.
1. I plan to bring my passport, drivers license and the biometrics notice. Do I need anything else?
2. They will just be taking my fingerprints, photo and signature, right?
3. Is there something in particular I need to wear?

Yes, they will be capturing your fingerprints, pciture and signature. There's really no big deal with doing biometric. Just dress comfortably, but bear in mind the picture they will take is the one that will be placed on your GC itslef. Unlike the "mug shot" quality pictures they put on the driver's license, you can look your best in this one (so smile if you like) :p

Is AOS processing time on par with CP now?

Thanks for the well-wishes everyone. I am excited about the progress of the process this year! It looks good for all of us.

Hi Guys,
Looking at Spice2013's progress so far, can we assume that with this special memo from USCIS, the processing time for AOS and CP will be more or less same this year?

They are scheduling interview within couple of weeks from the time number is current.
I am really excited :). Or is it too early to conclude that?

Thanks,

Yes, they will be capturing your fingerprints, pciture and signature. There's really no big deal with doing biometric. Just dress comfortably, but bear in mind the picture they will take is the one that will be placed on your GC itslef. Unlike the "mug shot" quality pictures they put on the driver's license, you can look your best in this one (so smile if you like) :p

thanks Sm1smom.

This is what I read recently on: http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/free-books/fiance-marriage-visa-book/chapter14-25.html

"What Happens at a Biometrics Appointment?
In scientific terms, "biometrics is" means anatomical or physiological data by which a person can be uniquely identified. At your biometrics appointment, USCIS will most likely collect your fingerprints, take your photo, and have you sign your name for electronic capture.
The actual process takes about 20 minutes, though you may have to wait a while after you arrive. A number of people will have received the exact same appointment time as you did. Everyone who was given the same appointment time will be called in on a first-come, first-served basis. Once you arrive at the ASC, you be given a number showing your place in line.
At the end of the biometrics appointment, you will be given a stamp on your appointment notice confirming that you attended. Keep this document safe, in case you are later asked for it or USCIS cannot find its record stating that you indeed came to the appointment.
By the way, if you have questions about your case -- such as when you are likely to be called in for an interview -- this is not the place to ask them. The people who collect biometrics do not have access to your file, and cannot give you advice or information about your case.
Your fingerprints will be sent on for review by the U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), which will check them against records held by the police as well as by USCIS (which often takes the fingerprints of people caught crossing the border illegally). The FBI will send a report to USCIS to confirm your identity and to show whether you have committed any crimes or immigration violations that might make you inadmissible, deportable, or otherwise ineligible for the benefit that you seek.
What If You Have a Criminal Record?
If you think you might have a criminal record but are not sure, consult a lawyer. Some -- but not all -- crimes make you ineligible for immigration benefits. You won’t discover until you get to your interview what the FBI report says about you. The lawyer can help you request a separate fingerprint report from the FBI and deal with whatever it shows, to help you get your green card, citizenship, or other benefit"

Thanks for posting this link, Hexa! Now I'll know that it's possible to send out my AOS package sometime after March 9th, given that my number will become current in April and is within the cut off rank in advance notice VB. :D

It doesn't hurt to print and attach the memo to your packet, so it doesn't get returned because "priority date cannot be established".

I will not be surprised if the immigration officer places some scrutiny on your marriage as to whether it is bona fide. Living separately is usually a red flag for them.

Be ready to support that your marriage is bona fide. I have seen report of a couple attending the interview with their 4 year old (USC), but still the immigration officer required further evidence that the couple "lived together."

DV 2014, AOS being Late

I as DV 2014 Selectee with AOS processing with case:2014AS000016xx, current in Oct

My Questions are:
1.Is Missouri DOS, DV fee paying office shutdown or working? ... last 25 sept,330$ package was delivered but receipt has not received.

I have put different address in Money Order, and self addressed envelop, because its my present address which is different than that was while DV was applied and 1st letter was sent, NOW do they will cash the money order and send me the receipt or they ignore due to different address........Is there anyway I can contact Missouri office, DV fee paying office,

2. if I could not submit i485 by this month (only waiting for receipt), in next month, will USCIS process me with same priority or will make me hold indefinitely...or do I need to fill an extra forms if my num is current in October, but I am submitting i485 in November,

3. I am late, i might plan to go for counselor processing, is that possible after I submit I485,

4. if I choose counselor proc, do i need to go back home, or anyone can file for me....and I wanna go only in interview....so that i can save job :)

I appreciate your help, thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Sm1smom and c1984 for your response.

Is it good to update her address now since i send her address address too in the DSP form?
Will the form sent to KCC will also be forwarded to FO or just the forms on AOS package?
I have a fulltime job (H1B) and My wife is working as contractor on H1B and she keeps moving because of her job as a consultant.
We have our bank/bill, health/auto insurance, evething together if this makes any difference.

Who is the main applicant? Don't complicate things for yourself at the time of your interview. Make your lives easier by using the same address for all the applications. Use the address of the main applicant.

A.1 One of the DSP forms you sent is invalid, there's only one selectee in your family, correct? So you only needed to have sent back the DSP form for the main applicant.

A.2 Use an address where both of you refer to as your main home. Since she's coming over to join you, you can use your address on both forms.

A.3 Biometric centre will have the ASC closest to the listed address on the forms you submit (in order words, closest to your home address if yours is used). If your address is used, she can try do a walk in where she is located.

A.4 You interview has to be together.

A.5 No PCC from outside the US required.

A.6 Option H for the main applicant - and you will need to type/write "DV Lottery Winner.Notification Letter Attached", Option B for the spouse.

A.6 Advisable to use separate checks for the packages.

I as DV 2014 Selectee with AOS processing with case:2014AS000016xx, current in Oct

My Questions are:
1.Is Missouri DOS, DV fee paying office shutdown or working? ... last 25 sept,330$ package was delivered but receipt has not received.

I have put different address in Money Order, and self addressed envelop, because its my present address which is different than that was while DV was applied and 1st letter was sent, NOW do they will cash the money order and send me the receipt or they ignore due to different address........Is there anyway I can contact Missouri office, DV fee paying office,

2. if I could not submit i485 by this month (only waiting for receipt), in next month, will USCIS process me with same priority or will make me hold indefinitely...or do I need to fill an extra forms if my num is current in October, but I am submitting i485 in November,

3. I am late, i might plan to go for counselor processing, is that possible after I submit I485,

4. if I choose counselor proc, do i need to go back home, or anyone can file for me....and I wanna go only in interview....so that i can save job :)

I appreciate your help, thanks

1. Yes, the office is open and working, it takes 2 -4 weeks to get the receipt.

2. Your form will be processed based on when its received and depending on your FO's workload. It will not be prioritized based on your CN being current a month before it was received by your FO.

3. Don't submit an I-458 if you plan on doing CP, an I-485 cannot be used for CP. Contact KCC by sending updated DSP-122 and DS-230 if you want to switch to CP

4. Yes you have to go back home and do both medical and the interview in person if you want to do CP.

You don't seem to have a good grasp of what's involved with either CP or AOS. I suggest you go through the AOS process spreadsheet on this thread to get a good understanding of the AOS process at least.

Thank you Sm1smom and c1984 for your response.

Is it good to update her address now since i send her address address too in the DSP form?
Will the form sent to KCC will also be forwarded to FO or just the forms on AOS package?
I have a fulltime job (H1B) and My wife is working as contractor on H1B and she keeps moving because of her job as a consultant.
We have our bank/bill, health/auto insurance, evething together if this makes any difference.

Use the same address on all your forms going forward. TheDSP form for your wife (though invalid) will probably get sent to your FO.

You should be ok with the joint a/c you have, and the explanation about your job situations shouldn't create any issue IMO.

Hi,
I am going to change my address from December 1st. I have sent the DSP forms and DV payment but have not got the receipt yet. I think I might be be current in December or January, so my question is if this change of address would make any problem?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.