• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
inquiry

Hi guys,
I have been selected for further processing this year, But I am from Asia and my CN is very high 2014AS00019XXX and it seems that it is hard for me to have an appointment befor the end of the fiscal year.
I have 2 questions:
1- do I have the chance to get an appointment?
2- Am I eligible to apply for 2015 lottery?

Hi guys,
I have been selected for further processing this year, But I am from Asia and my CN is very high 2014AS00019XXX and it seems that it is hard for me to have an appointment befor the end of the fiscal year.
I have 2 questions:
1- do I have the chance to get an appointment?
2- Am I eligible to apply for 2015 lottery?

1. Yes. You number is high, but not the highest - so you might get an appointment late (August/September)
2. Yes - no problem.

A# from Old EAD card...

Hi All,

I believe there is a place in I-485 where you write your A#. I Had EAD card during my OPT few years back. I joined college again. So when I fill out the form do I write the A# from the old EAD? Or is it only for people who are currently working with their EAD?
Please Advise.
Thanks.

A# from Old EAD card...

Hi All,

I believe there is a place in I-485 where you write your A#. I Had EAD card during my OPT few years back. I joined college again. So when I fill out the form do I write the A# from the old EAD? Or is it only for people who are currently working with their EAD?
Please Advise.
Thanks.

For my H-1B and the extension and transfer petitions, every time a form asked for an A#, I provided the OPT EAD card A#. Now, I'm not sure if that was the right thing to do. So I'm interested if anybody could shed some light on this.

People have reported that they had to go through a whole lot of trouble just because somehow they had multiple A#'s in the system. I guess providing the OPT card A# could not increase that chance, rather decrease it. So I guess when the time comes, I will again use my OPT card A#.

Always provide your A# if you have already been issued with one, it guards against your ending up with multiple A numbers which could create problems for you down the road.

In my case the A# I have on the OPT EAD card is the same as the A# listed on the I-797 attached to H1-B. I guess it should be like this.

Interview letter is here!!! It was actually issued on September 30th which means they went ahead even before the FY started. Now I am nervous - will be more so after the biometrics happens though. Tips anyone?

Congratulations! Wow, it must feel great!
There are lots of nice pieces of advice on DV2013 thread, and the best way to track them is by clicking on the links found on the timeline: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjoXax6rTIh6dDduVnZRMXpSekI5bFgxc0lGWkV6QlE#gid=0

Keep us posted! :)

Interview letter is here!!! It was actually issued on September 30th which means they went ahead even before the FY started. Now I am nervous - will be more so after the biometrics happens though. Tips anyone?

Congrats !

Mine Bio-Metrics is also scheduled on 10/16 and was expecting Interview Letter to be some days After that only but now I feel it may come sooner !!

Gud Luck :)

Good luck Spice. My Bio is on 10/15. Wish 2014EU and me luck to get it next week. Are you guys still in Acceptance step of the case status in USCIS website either? Mine is stuck in acceptance.

Congrats !

Mine Bio-Metrics is also scheduled on 10/16 and was expecting Interview Letter to be some days After that only but now I feel it may come sooner !!

Gud Luck :)

Last edited by a moderator:

I just checked the spreadsheet and realized you had your interview date already.

Big congrats my friend. That's amazing :)

So I'd better get this thing going. Spice's quick turn-around is a huge motivator to get things going ASAP.

I will be paying the DV fee. Do I get two separate money orders for us, or do I get a single $660 money order?

Actually I will be getting a cashier's check for easier tracking.

Thanks!

So I'd better get this thing going. Spice's quick turn-around is a huge motivator to get things going ASAP.

I will be paying the DV fee. Do I get two separate money orders for us, or do I get a single $660 money order?

Actually I will be getting a cashier's check for easier tracking.

Thanks!

I just did a single cashier's check for 4 of us. We got back the receipt in 10 days time.

That's great. It gives me hope that i can get my GC within 2 months. Good Luck Spice:)

That's great. It gives me hope that i can get my GC within 2 months. Good Luck Spice:)

I sure hope so. But I think it highly depends on how busy your FO is. Spice's FO seems to be one of the less busy ones. Still 2 months seems feasible.

I sure hope so. But I think it highly depends on how busy your FO is. Spice's FO seems to be one of the less busy ones. Still 2 months seems feasible.

You are right. After looking at the 2013 AOS spreadsheet, for me it doesn't look good for Boston. On the average, it takes about 5 to 6 mths for the process to complete. In fact Boston is the worst place to do AOS.

Spice2013,

Where is your FO?

Status
Not open for further replies.