• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2014 AOS Only

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's absolutely correct. The gov't purposely avoided using the term "winner", because even if you get a number it is no guarantee that you will get a visa/green card. The letter says you are "selected for further processing", and that the number of applicants selected is greater than the number of visas available. Technically you're not a winner until you have that visa in your passport and/or the green card. As such, you are free to apply for the next year DV.

There's somebody on this forum who has a high DV2013 number and he couldn't get the interview in time, so he's not getting a green card this year. Fortunately he entered and is also selected for DV2014 with a lower number, so he gets another chance at getting GC. I bet he'd enter DV2015 too just to be safe.

Even if you already have a green card there's nothing in the law that punishes you for entering the lottery. It's pointless, of course, but not illegal.

That's amazing. Who is this lucky person? I would pay to have their secrets of being this much lucky.

Check out this post, couldn't quite locate the one where the NY CS's contact information was actually mentioned on the thread.

http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?548095-DV-2013-AOS-Only/page14&p=2590245#post2590245

It's worth contacting the OP like I suggested before if you haven't done so yet.

Hey mom,

kazore has not gotten back to me. But I think I found what I was looking for. Thank you for the lead again.

I sent you a message 2 weeks ago.
Here it is:

Lucy Sourial
247 3rd avenue
New York, NY 10010
212-529-1709

My AOS package got returned with the following reason:
"Based on the information provided, your priority date could not be established. Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation to the address listed on the bottom of this notice".

That address is Chicago PO Box which we originally send all our documents.
We had put in the cover letter and highlight the PM. Guess no one paying attention to the PM.

From the 2014 AOS spreadsheet, it would be safe to assume that if you are current in November, you can send in your package in October. Some of them who sent in Aug got rejected, when they were suppose to be current in Oct and likewise those like me current in Nov got rejected when we send in Sept.

The reason for that is to stay in status. Right now, I just started my grace period because I am done with my current test prep school. So, I will enroll in a program that will give me an I-20 and commence in January 2014. This program will conclude in May 2014 and I would not be able to extend it. In April, I will send my AOS package and might get an interview in July/August. So, if I don't get a new I-20 after May, then I will be out of status at the time of the interview. This is why I would need a new I-20 from a gradschool in September.

If this all is too risky, then I will just be in a writing intensive english school for a year and take classes in local community college to just be safe and not stand a chance of I-20 denial and all that.
You know, the safest route for you is to get an I-20 from a community college in a major distinctly different but related to your current one. If the IO questions your motive of getting into another college, you can say that you have second thoughts about your current major, or you want to 'enhance your portfolio' and makes it easier to find a job. It's much more defensible than enrolling in an English school again, and it probably costs the same. Once you got your GC you can simply abandon the CC and enroll in master's.

Can't it technically benefit conditional green card holders? Those who married a US citizen, did an investment or other kinds of binding conditions.
I read somewhere that a conditional GC holder (from marriage) is not eligible to adjust to regular GC through anything other than the removal of conditional status process. I'm not familiar with investor GC, but I heard that you can't petition for an immigrant status from another immigrant status. IIRC you can only adjust status from non-immigrant to immigrant.

I'm not familiar with investor GC, but I heard that you can't petition for an immigrant status from another immigrant status. IIRC you can only adjust status from non-immigrant to immigrant.

For investor GC, u need to put in 500k or 1M depending on the location. Plus you need to create 10 tax paying jobs. You will be issued with a conditional GC for 2 years. After two years, if you are able to show that you are employing 10 workers, they remove the condition. After that even you close or sell your business nothing happens to your GC.

The workers cannot be yr family. This route is tough unless you have a lot of spare cash

My AOS package got returned with the following reason:
"Based on the information provided, your priority date could not be established. Please resubmit your application with the proper documentation to the address listed on the bottom of this notice".

That address is Chicago PO Box which we originally send all our documents.
We had put in the cover letter and highlight the PM. Guess no one paying attention to the PM.

From the 2014 AOS spreadsheet, it would be safe to assume that if you are current in November, you can send in your package in October. Some of them who sent in Aug got rejected, when they were suppose to be current in Oct and likewise those like me current in Nov got rejected when we send in Sept.

The reason on the notice given to my rejection is that they can only accept cases in advance during the fiscal year in which it should be filed, so as I understand it, since mine case is a 2014 DV case, it has to be received on or after Oct 1, 2014, the start of the US 2014 fiscal year. Once the fiscal year is in place, I believe they will follow the PM.

Hey Guys,

The spreadsheet mentions to fill form G325 for biographic information, whereas the I-485 instructions specify form G325A

Which one is the right one to fill?

Also do you know if one needs to send a self addressed envelope when sending the documents?

Thanks!!

Hey mom,

kazore has not gotten back to me. But I think I found what I was looking for. Thank you for the lead again.

Hi

Yes it's this doctor

Lucy Sourial
Address: 247 3rd Ave Suite 402, New York, NY 10010
Telephone:(212) 529-1709

I paid the copay $15 + $200 for two vaccinations. Vaccinations were refunded a month after.
My insurance is Oxford.

Hey Guys,

The spreadsheet mentions to fill form G325 for biographic information, whereas the I-485 instructions specify form G325A

Which one is the right one to fill?

Also do you know if one needs to send a self addressed envelope when sending the documents?

Thanks!!

It makes no difference, but go with G325A just to put your mind at rest. No SAE required required when sending I-485 package.

Hi

Yes it's this doctor

Lucy Sourial
Address: 247 3rd Ave Suite 402, New York, NY 10010
Telephone:(212) 529-1709

I paid the copay $15 + $200 for two vaccinations. Vaccinations were refunded a month after.
My insurance is Oxford.

So you paid a total of $15? That's a hell of a bargain :)

What if they realize that they cannot bill your insurance? How much would the total cost be in that case?

You know other CS at worst charge you around $400.

We have already made an appoint with Ms. Lucy, we will see how it goes.

$ 1070 Check Payment for AOS ?

I have a quick question which may look silly:

To the order of whom should the $1070 Check be for AOS? Is that USCIS ? :confused:

Thanks to all and keep up the good work,
Maryash

Answer !

I have a quick question which may look silly:

To the order of whom should the $1070 Check be for AOS? Is that USCIS ? :confused:

Thanks to all and keep up the good work,
Maryash

Knew that was a silly one!
Just found the answer in I-485 instruction form:

US Department of Homeland Security

Yeaaaaaaayy ! :)

Hi, my question has to do with timing. I want to do AOS, but I have not even sent the DSP-122 to KCC yet or made the DV fee payment. My CN being EU00006xxx and now current in the visa bulletin, I am concerned it might be too late to start now. My current plan is to send the DSP-122 and the DV fee today and get started on the medical, and send in the I-485 as soon as the medicals are done. But again, having read about how people send their stuff even before they become current now, is too late?:confused:
(F-1 visa, I-20 good till May 2014, in grad school and not graduating very soon.)
Much obliged.

While I'm here...I woke up this morning to the federal government shutdown. Looking around immigration.com, I see nothing explicit about the potential impact on visa processing.

Hi, my question has to do with timing. I want to do AOS, but I have not even sent the DSP-122 to KCC yet or made the DV fee payment. My CN being EU00006xxx and now current in the visa bulletin, I am concerned it might be too late to start now. My current plan is to send the DSP-122 and the DV fee today and get started on the medical, and send in the I-485 as soon as the medicals are done. But again, having read about how people send their stuff even before they become current now, is too late?:confused:
(F-1 visa, I-20 good till May 2014, in grad school and not graduating very soon.)
Much obliged.

While I'm here...I woke up this morning to the federal government shutdown. Looking around immigration.com, I see nothing explicit about the potential impact on visa processing.

Not too late at all. Relax.

Send the DV fee today. It'll take about 10 days to get the receipt back in the mail.

In the meantime, do your medical and collect all the necessary documents.

Send your I-485 package to Chicago LockBox as soon as you have the receipt back and all the necessary documents.

You can go ahead and send (or e-mail) the DSP-122+Barcode to KCC. You will NOT need the AOS confirmation e-mail from KCC to include in your I-485 package. Don't hold the package for that. But take it to the interview. Chances are you may receive it in-time for you package.

Bye bye DV2013 snif snif...
Good luck to all DV 2014 winners. In a few weeks/ months you'll all be green... There's nothing to be afraid of.

help needed

Guys please I need your help. I am freaking out as I don't know what to make of this and a response will be greatly appreciated. I am a dv2014 selectee planning to do AOS with CN AF0006xxxx. I sent my DSP-122, Barcode, DSP-230 form I & II to KCC per the instructions I got from this forum and it was over 3 months that I hadn't heard from them so I contacted them through email and this was their reply(below). I don't know what to make of this and truthfully I don't know what to do next. When I called the kentucky office the lady was rude and told me I just have to wait until my number becomes current then I can pay the dv fee of $330. I then asked if I could pay it now and she's like no wait till your number becomes current that is if it even gets current. I am so down as I can't make of this. Please guide me if you can
MESSAGE FROM KCC:
Thank you for your inquiry.

The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DSP 122 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the CIS. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case.
To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request.

Guys please I need your help. I am freaking out as I don't know what to make of this and a response will be greatly appreciated. I am a dv2014 selectee planning to do AOS with CN AF0006xxxx. I sent my DSP-122, Barcode, DSP-230 form I & II to KCC per the instructions I got from this forum and it was over 3 months that I hadn't heard from them so I contacted them through email and this was their reply(below). I don't know what to make of this and truthfully I don't know what to do next. When I called the kentucky office the lady was rude and told me I just have to wait until my number becomes current then I can pay the dv fee of $330. I then asked if I could pay it now and she's like no wait till your number becomes current that is if it even gets current. I am so down as I can't make of this. Please guide me if you can
MESSAGE FROM KCC:

The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DSP 122 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the CIS. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case.
To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request.

You need to take some time to read this thread from the beginning. You have already made mistakes because you haven't followed the instructions correctly - BUT that won't ruin your chances - so don't worry.

You case number is not yet current. Until it is current (or rather announced as becoming current) in the visa bulletin you cannot process your case. Again, reading this thread properly will exlplain that to you.

So, stop freaking out, calm down and relax. Then get reading. If you still need help you can get help here, but it is a lot easier if you have taken the time to learn about the aos process.

Your CN is slightly high, going by past VBs, it might be around Aug - Sept 2014 before it becomes current, so I wouldn't recommend you make the DV payment now. Watch the VB for a couple of months to see how the CN for Africa progresses to get a better idea of if AOS is okay for you or if you might be better off doing CP.

In the meantime, go through the attached spreadsheet to get a better understanding of the steps involved with doing AOS:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AozhLxh12qzYdDU3WkxHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E#gid=5

MESSAGE FROM KCC:

Status
Not open for further replies.